Meanwhile, in his 26th floor office, Xander leaned back in his leather chair. Surveying the scene with a broad grin.

Buffy sound asleep in bed. William, wide awake, watching her. A haunted, stricken look on his face.

The moment William had plugged in the USB into his laptop, his Israeli tech experts had begun to do his bidding. Within moments, they’d taken over every smart device in the home. Their TVs. Their Alexas. Even their goddamn refrigerator.

Letting Xander monitor everything that was happening in their happy home. In every room. On the many large screen TVs mounted in his office.

Ten million dollars well spent, Xander thought.

Xander had watched with growing amusement as William had played the first video. Over and over and over again. Watching his wife’s little seduction ploy.

His expression when he put two and two together about what he had was absolutely priceless.

Then, Xander had paid close attention as William battled himself to keep from watching the second clip. And failing. Much to Xander’s delight.

Then, William’s struggle to figure out the password – so obvious Xander had rolled his eyes. Then put his feet up on the table and loosened his tie.

When William finally entered the correct password, Xander swung his feet off his desk.

“Finally,” he said. Clapping his hands together, he rose from his chair. Then took two steps forward to approach the large TV that was streaming William through his laptop webcam.

“Go on Willie. You know you want to,” Xander said. Gleefully.

When William finally pressed enter, the clip began. Showing himself and Buffy making out. Xander found himself cackling at the heartbroken look on William’s face.

Absolutely priceless, the billionaire thought. Grinning.

“I told you, didn’t I?” Xander taunted. “I told you nothing would happen that Buffy didn’t want to. As you can see for yourself, she wanted to. She really, really wanted to.”

Xander momentarily turned to the other large screen that was mirroring William’s laptop. Now, he and Buffy were locked in a steamy kiss and he was carrying her to the centre of the bed.

The sight brought back flashes of his long, memorable night with William’s beloved wife. For a moment, Xander was content to savour the many beautiful memories he and Buffy had made together.

“Man that was hot stuff,” he said. Letting out a low whistle. “Fuck.”

When he looked back at the other screen, he saw William’s eyes had filled with tears. Which only made him cackle again.

That’s right mate, Xander thought. Took my sweet time with your precious wife. Really savoured it. Was definitely worth the wait.

Xander couldn’t resist looking back at the screen showing the laptop. Watched himself gently lay Buffy down on the bed.

Damn, I'm good, he thought.

When he quickly looked back to get William’s reaction, his gutted expression sent an absolutely delicious thrill through Xander.

“That’s right, Will,” Xander urged. In a soft, soothing tone. “Keep watching, mate. It’s about to get real good, real fast. You don’t wanna miss a thing. Trust me.”

When Xander glanced at the other screen, he saw himself leaning over Buffy.

“And here we go,” Xander declared.

Ripping off his tie and tossing it aside, he picked up the champagne bottle he’d kept on ice nearby for just this occasion.

Eyeballing William now, Xander placed his thumb over the top of the champagne cork.

“Feel free to take notes, mate,” he snickered. “Pick up a few pointers on how to please the missus. Maybe bring a little spark back into your marriage.”

When William flung the laptop away, Xander’s chortling died in his throat. His eyes narrowed.

There goes my fucking weekend, Xander thought. Irritably. Just when I was having so much fun. Son of a bitch.

He slammed the champagne bottle back down on the ice bucket, then picked up his cellphone. Dialling the behavioural therapist he’d recently put on his payroll.

“Yeah? Li?”

“Hey Xander. What’s up? It’s late,” Lilah said.

She sounded irritated, Xander thought. Fucking bitch.

“Yeah. Remember that thing I told you about.”

“Yeah? she asked. Warily.

Jesus, Lilah thought. What have I gotten myself into?

“How did it go?” she asked. Because he expected her to.

Far too reluctantly for Xander’s taste considering the outrageous sums he was paying her.

“Not as well as I’d hoped, but…you know how these things go,” he shrugged.

“I really don’t actually,” she said. Stiffly.

“So, he watched a little bit of it,” Xander added. Ignoring her.

“Yeah?” Lilah asked. Sounding even more irritable that he hadn’t taken the hint.

“That’s a good sign, right?”

Lilah hesitated.

“Maybe he’s just… morbidly curious,” Lilah said.

“Maybe,” Xander said. “Or maybe he’s just dying to get a good look at me and Buffy. Getting it on.”

A few moments of awkward silence followed.

“I’m not sure what you want me to say, Xan,” Lilah said finally.

“Well, you’ve seen their files,” Xander said.

“I have,” Lilah said. “And?”

“And I’m just looking for some brass tax here,” Xander said. Unable to contain his irritation.

“I don’t know, Xan. I don’t know him. Or her. I can’t make a diagnosis otherwise. To me, they seem like an average, nice couple.”

“You know I could pay you to…” he began.

“And I don’t want to get to know them either. For legal and ethical reasons,” she added. Hastily.

A moment passed. He heard her sigh.

“What I do know is that this isn’t healthy behaviour,” Lilah said.

“Don’t start with this shit again,” he snapped.

“I’m not judging you,” Lilah said. Delicately. Hoping she hadn’t offended the billionaire. “I’m just saying that this…whatever this is….”

“Won’t fix the hole inside you,” she finished. Sounding exasperated. “You know that right?”

Xander said nothing. Neither did Lilah.

“Why are you so focused on this couple?” she asked. “Why them?”

“Because…” Xander began.

For a moment, Lilah thought she’d made a breakthrough. Finally.

“Because they said no,” Xander said. Sounding angry now. “Because all this… began with them.”

Now, he paused and took a breath.

“And because I want to,” he added. Coldly. “Isn’t that reason enough?”

He was like a spoiled child whose toy had been snatched away, Lilah thought. Shaking her head.

Time for some tough love, she thought.

“It’ll never be enough. No matter what you do to them,” Lilah said. “No matter how much you hurt them. You know that right?”

“We’ll see,” Xander said. Dismissively.

“Any news from Willow?” she asked. Eager to change the subject from the present one.

“Still on permanent vacation,” Xander said. “She said she’ll consider coming back if I ‘kicked the habit’. Can you believe that shit?”

“Okay,” Lilah said. Finally. “Call me when you need to talk again.”

“Hey, I have an idea,” Xander said.

“Yeah?” Lilah asked. Warily.

“Why don’t you and your husband come around fo…”

When Lilah hung up the phone, Xander chuckled. He just couldn’t help himself sometimes.

Removing his Bluetooth earpiece and tossing it on his couch, he swiped the champagne bottle and glass from his desk and put his feet up.

He took a moment to survey the large screen – which now showed Buffy sleeping and William still watching her.

“The three of us are far from finished,” Xander declared. Pouring out a drink for himself. “I’ll see you both soon. Real soon.”