Disclaimer: AGH! Don’t sue! I own nothing!!!!

_____________________________________________________


Spike dropped to his knees beside her, and pushed his hand down upon the wound. Fear coursed through him and tears stung his eyes as she wheezed out, with blood sputtering from her lips, “Spike....” The tears poured down his face as his hands pushed down on the bullet wound. Xander stood, and Spike bit out, “Get Willow and Tara. NOW.”

Xander ran inside the house, trying desperately not to panic, and left the distraught vampire in the backyard.

“Buffy…” Spike whispered. “Don’t…don’t you give up on me…c’mon baby…f-fight…” Her eyes fluttered close, and he pushed harder on the wound to slow the bleeding. Tears tracked their way down his face, to the crimson stain on Buffy’s blouse. “You won’t…CAN’T die, damn it…I just found you…” Blood spurted through his fingers, and he whispered, “Hurry up, Xander…”


*~::~*


Xander burst into the house, calling out, “WILLOW, TARA!”

Willow burst through the basement door, Tara close behind her. “Xander! What’s going on? Tara and I heard-”

“Buffy’s been shot.” They gasped, and he grabbed the phone. “Willow, go outside, and try to calm Spike down. Tara, water and sponge. Go clean around her wound but…put pressure on it.” He dialed 911 and yelled at them, “GO!”

The two rushed outside, and Xander took a deep shaky breath, trying to stop from crying. As one tear fell down his face, he answered to the voice on the other end. “Y-Yes…my friend’s been shot.”


*~::~*


Willow ran towards the vampire, and jumped when he looked up, tears streaming down his face. Tara knelt beside Buffy and began to clean off Spike’s hands and the area around them.

Willow sat down and placed a comforting hand on Spike’s shoulder. “Shh…she’s going to be okay. Shh…”


*~::~*


They let him ride in the ambulance. He spent the entire time crying silently, and watching as Buffy struggled to live.

A slayer for six years, she’d faced so many different demons, monsters, and baddies. She’d been the best slayer he’d seen; staking evil right and left. No big bad could ever get the upper hand.

No spell, no weapon, no fights could ever get this Slayer. So far, only the Master and a hell dimension portal had really beaten her.

But now?

Now it was a bullet. Small and deadly, the piece of metal had managed to do what no fledging, demon, or warlock had done:

Injured her so badly that Spike feared it fatal.

And now all he could do…was hope.


*~::~*

Carrie looked up as the hospital doors burst open. A small blonde girl was wheeled in quickly, nurses and doctors crowding her. But what really caught the receptionist’s eye was the man running in after them. Hair shockingly white, eyes blue and cheekbones sharp, she was sure he was a model.

And then he tiredly ran his hand through his hair, leaving a crimson streak in it. She looked down at the blue button down he was wearing, splotches of dark covering it. He looked ready to collapse and fat tears rolled down his face.

He looked around and saw her at the counter and ran forward. Splaying his hands on the table, he said, “Can…can I go with her?”

She watched as another tear rolled down his face, and nodded.

He turned around and flew down the hall, leaving bloodied handprints on the counter.

*~::~*

Spike grasped onto Buffy’s hand as the doctors tried to get the bullet out of her. All the while, his ears were fixed on the heartbeat in her chest, and his eyes on the machine that assured him he wasn’t imagining it.

And that’s when it happened.

They got the bullet out, and blood spurted from her wound.

The hole was immediately covered, but that didn’t stop what happened next.

The last thing he saw before being led out was the steady, beeping line on the machine pick up pace and eventually stop.

He slid bonelessly to the floor, listening as the doctors attempted to start her heart again.

He stood up all of the sudden, and made his way over to Willow and Tara. Andas he stared into their eyes…

…they knew what they had to do.