Chapter 2-

Earlier in the day, Buffy had been rushed into the ER and assessed quickly before heading to the OR. She had internal bleeding. It took an hour to get the bleeding under control. After the operation, they wheeled Buffy to ICU, where they’d added casts to her right arm, left knee and right leg.

Riley had been notified through his offices, but he was in court all day long and wasn’t available. When he finally did get the messages, he just went home; waiting for any updates the hospital may be able to give him.

Joyce and Hank were out of the country and didn’t leave an address or phone number of where they would be staying at. Her best friend Willow had rushed to the hospital as soon as she heard about Buffy’s accident. She waited in the waiting room patiently and ever so often she’d curse Riley for not show up.

As Buffy lay in the bed, she had been hooked up to various machines and had tubes coming out of her arms and nose. The nurses checked on Buffy all through out the day, but hadn’t noticed that blood had seeped through the bandages at her stomach. Winifred Burkle called the doctor immediately when she noticed the blood on the bandage, seeping through.

Dr. Giles assessed wound and then called for an OR immediately. It didn’t look like Ms. Summers was going to make it.

“Someone needs to let Ms Rosenberg know what’s happening,” Dr. Giles stated before leaving for the OR.

Fred headed down the hallway. The wallpaper was cheery with pink and blue flowers, but this nurse didn’t feel cheery. She felt horrible for delivering bad news. Making a right, Fred walked into the waiting room. A red head was sitting all by her self, reading a magazine that was three months to old.

“Ms. Rosenberg?” Fred asked, stopping in front of the woman.

Willow looked up and set the magazine beside her. “How’s Buffy?” She stood up a few moments later.

“Please, sit.” Said Fred, sitting down and Willow followed a few moments later. “There was a bit of a complication and Ms. Summers is back in OR.”

”Oh dear goddess,” Willow placed her hand on her mouth, stifling a cry. “Is…is she gonna be all right?”

“We won’t know until the surgery is over,” Fred placed a hand on Willow’s hand. “I’ll let you know what happens.”

“Thank you!”

Fred rose to her feet, heading out of the waiting room. She went back down to the nurse’s station and waited to hear any news on the young woman.

“Oh Goddess, please help her through this,” whispered Willow.

***

William had walked aimlessly through the hospital before heading back to his room. He had a dull ache in his head, but ignored as he walked back into his room. His sister was awake and not in a happy mood by the look on her face.

“William, where have you been?” She asked, concerned.

God love her, he thought with a smirk. Sometimes his sister was way too protective of him. And hey, when did that happen. I’m the big brother in this scenario.

“Geez mom, I just went for a walk,” he said, walking towards her. “Tara,” William began seriously as he stopped in front of her, and held her hands out front of them. “I’m 28. I don’t need my sister treating me like I’m 10.”

Smiling up at her brother, she relented. “I’m sorry. It’s just that ever since mom died…” She trailed off, a tear glistening in her eye. “Well, I just worry about you, that’s all.”

When the McClay’s moved to Sunnydale, Anne, their mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. It had spread through out their body and there wasn’t a thing the doctors could do. Two months later, Anne had quietly slipped away in her sleep. Michael had left his children in the care of his sister Molly and her husband Liam. They had already had a son named Angel, about Will’s age. Michael went back to England and they never heard from him since.

Since living in the US, William kept his English accent to remind him of his mother but Tara lost hers over time. People never really believed she was from England.

“It’s ok Tara,” he pulled her into an embrace. “I’ll be fine. I go home tomorrow.”

She pulled back, “I’m still going to worry about ya know.”

“I know.”

“All right, now get back into bed. Now scoot.” She stepped aside, and smacked him the ass.

Rolling his eyes, he complied, getting back into bed. She pulled the covers over him, and then sat back down. Buffy was never far from his mind. To take his mind off of her, he picked up a book and began to read it.

TBC