--


Buffy gasped and pulled back. “No, no, I-I have to--”

“Stay. I'm stuck here. Sun's up,” Spike said panting, sparing a glance upwards before meeting her eyes again.

Buffy looked at Spike for a moment before melting back into him with a moan. Spike turned her around and lay her down on a couch cushion he had scavenged from the rubble earlier. He lay over her and moved down to kiss her neck. Buffy gasped, tossed her head back, and moaned again. Spike lifted himself up to look at her.

“I knew. I knew the only thing better than killing a slayer would be f--”

“What?!” Buffy yelped.

Buffy shoved him away and stood up angrily, moving a few feet away. She turned to look back at Spike, who was still sprawled on the floor.

“Is that what this is about? Doing a slayer?” She asked, a little hurt.

Spike opened his mouth to toss out a comment about her being a vampire groupie but stopped himself when a sudden thought came to him. He frowned and said,

“So...what? I’m not allowed fuck the Slayer. I’m not a complete idiot; you won’t let me make love to Buffy. What the hell am I supposed to think?”

Buffy blinked, her righteous anger evaporating with her ability to speak. She realized she didn’t have an answer. Sure, she could tell him, ‘fuck me as Buffy’ but she knew that that would sound low to both of their ears.

Spike almost smirked when he saw her stop in her tracks. Confusion clouded her eyes.

While Buffy stood there, thoughts zipping rapidly around her head, her body rooted to the spot, Spike sighed and used the few minutes of silence to locate and pull on his pants. Noticing that her mind was still off in figure-it-out land, Spike took a chance and calmly stalked toward her.

She slipped back into reality to find Spike merely inches from her. She found his eyes and he saw that his remark had knocked her off balance and she was unsure of herself. He quietly slid his arms around her waist and leaned down to capture her lips in his.

This kiss was nothing like the kiss they had shared while they were fighting less than twelve hours ago. This kiss held passion but not brutality. It was gentle and unknown and Buffy realized that she had been craving this. She wouldn’t admit it but she needed this gentler side almost as much as she needed their harsh coupling.

After a minute, they pulled back.

“I don’t know,” she breathed, her eyes still closed, her forehead resting against his.

“You’ll figure it out, yeah?” Spike murmured, his eyes also closed. He, of course, was hoping she’d admit that she couldn’t resist him but he’d take her admittance of confusion as a first step. At least she wasn’t ferociously denying that something had happened, and she had accidentally confessed her wish that what they had would not just be fucking.

Spike smiled. He could live with this.