Title: Bittersweet
Part; 9/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 9 -- Moving On

*--------------------*

As Angel laid stunned on the floor the only thoughts running through his mind was that he needed to call Sunnydale and get in touch with Whistler…and fast!


Just outside an irate vampire was practically dragging his mate from the area. Spike was completely blinded by rage; he couldn’t believe Angel had the balls to do what he did.

‘I mean for gods’ sake, who does he think he is? He can’t just come in there and try to take my mate from me. She’s MINE’ his demon roared with anger and rage at the thought.

All he knew was that now that the chip was out and Angel all of the do-gooders of Sunnyhell had finally tracked them down; there was only one thing left to do and that was to get the hell out of New York. Tonight

Buffy was struggling to keep up with her mate but she didn’t dare say a word about the pace they were keeping. Over the months she and her lover had been together she had learned a lot about slayer and vampire lore.

Some nights after hours of indulging in the pleasures of the one another’s body; they would lay awake while he would teach her the ways of a vampire clan. That’s how she learned about being marked and mated to someone. She couldn’t believe Angel had marked her and then just abandoned her.

Spike explained how even though he would treat her as his equal, the reality of it was that she was HIS and she was also the female, making him the more dominant of the two. Buffy wasn’t to sure how she felt about that at first but eventually she warmed to the idea.

While in Sunnydale and in all of her relationships; she always had to be strong, she could never just be Buffy and let another take over that was until her sweet William. The first time she called him that he was surprised to say the least and of course the threat that if she ever called him that in public soon followed.

There were times when he would even call her Elizabeth or Lizzy, something of that nature and of course she returned the same threat. Seeing Angel again was nothing like what she thought it would be; there was no pain or heartbreak just a twinge in heart that she knew would always be there.

Finally taking notice of her surroundings she realized Spike was taking them home. Though she could only guess what he wanted to do next, seeing Angel again could only have furthered his hatred for his Sire and intensified his insecurities.

“William” she called to him softly, this finally pulled him from this red haze he had found himself in from the moment he set eyes on his Sire.

He stopped abruptly and turned slowly to face her, not entirely sure he wanted to hear what she had to say. Finally meeting her eyes, she could see all the pain, insecurity and fear. The fear she saw there chilled her to the bone, Buffy couldn’t believe that after all this time he was still afraid that she’d leave him.

Taking a step closer to him she framed his face with her small hand and leaned in to kiss him softly. Her lips lingered for a moment before pulling back to look into his eyes once more.

“I’ll never leave you; I will follow you wherever you go. I am yours William” she smiled softly at him as she saw the corners of his lips turn upwards.

“Come on Baby, we gotta go” he said as he pulled her off into the night

*--------------------*

Giles pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to make out the broken rant of the brooding vampire at the other end of the phone. Everyone had been gathered at the Magic Box; waiting for the call form Angel, the AI team included.

The Hellmouth was starting to become pretty hairy without a Slayer around to scare the big beasties away. “Angel, please I beg you. Slow down and start from the beginning. I literally didn’t catch any of that”

Giles sat quietly as he listened to Angel start from the beginning and was shocked to hear the story that was told to him. His face reflected his emotions and it just put the room’s inhabitants even more on edge.

It had been months since anyone had seen Buffy, let alone heard from her. They all blamed themselves in some way. Xander blamed himself because he completely closed Anya and himself off when his best friend needed him the most.

Willow took her share of the blame because not only did she shut her best friend out she left town. It was as if she didn’t really care. Finally Giles beat himself up the most, he believed that he should’ve known the amount of pain his Slayer was in and the Council business could have waited until a later date.

Each Scoobie took the blame in some way and they all blamed the bleached vampire whom they believed was the master mind behind it all.

“Alright, thank you Angel and please keep us updated”

Xander was first to break the tense filled silence. “So did he find them, did he dust Spike’s sorry ass…come on details, is our Slayer extraordinaire coming home”

Giles wasn’t exactly sure how to answer the boy or anyone else in the room. He took a breath about to impart the less than stellar news just as Fred interrupted.

“He didn’t find her did he?”

“Well he found her, it’s just she didn’t want to be found”

Willow scrunched her brow in confusion. “What exactly do you mean didn’t want to be found. Why on earth would Buffy wanna stay with Spike, last I checked she wasn’t in the ‘Yay! Spike parade’”

“It seems much has changed in the past few months and Buffy is no exception. She stood on the sidelines as Spike basically beat the crap out of Angel. Angel knows Spike’s strength and well he was considerably stronger than last they fought…”

“There’s something you’re not telling us” Cordelia spoke softly

“The only explanation Angel could come up with was that Spike had to feeding off of Buffy…He also said that their combined scents were integrated, they were literally part of one another. My guess would be they haven’t been apart for more than an hour or so in the past few months”

“So what exactly are you saying G-man”

“Don’t call me that Xander and what I am saying is that it’s going to be a lot harder to separate those two than we thought”

“A lot harder”


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 9