Title: Bittersweet
Part; 10/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 10 -- Betrayed

*--------------------*

After Giles shocking announcement a heavy silence settled upon the room. None truly believed that the Slayer they knew; their Buffy would willingly stay with Spike. All were too lost in their own thoughts and private worlds to notice anything or anyone else. Even the members of the AI team seemed a bit struck by the Slayer’s decision.

Xander had picked himself up and walked into the training room in the back to be alone; even Anya’s presence was un-welcomed. He just couldn’t believe it, Buffy actually wanted to stay with that blood sucking fiend.

The Zeppo absently hit the Everlast bag before trudging over to the couch off to the side and flopping down onto it. Before Buffy he really had no purpose in this world and he knew it. The day the golden haired Slayer walked into his life, was the day it gained meaning.

His parents were worthless lay about drunks and Xander wanted desperately to turn out to be nothing like them. Though school was never his strong point he was determined to make something of himself. Buffy showed him that if he really wanted something, he could get it.

‘It’s a spell; it has to be a spell. My Buffy would never willing stay with Spike. God he’s worse than Angel…No! It has to be some type of magical enchantment. SHE’S POSSESSED! That’s it she’s possessed by some evil, demony spirit…Yeah, that’s gotta be it, we’ll just figure out a way to reverse it and she’ll be home soon. Soon Buffy will be home again…where she belongs’

Those were Xander’s last thoughts before Anya came bouncing into the room and chattering on about something having to do with Buffy and Spike and how they’re probably lovers. At that moment Xander really wanted to inform his girlfriend of tact.

Willow was fairing no better; she had somehow wandered up to the balcony that overlooks the store. So it was just a sad Wicca and the restricted section of magical text. Normally to be up there and not have Giles telling her to come down immediately would’ve been a real pleasure but at the moment all the red head could do was blame herself for the current situation.

On some level they all knew the pain that the Slayer must have been going through. Buffy had lost her mother only a few weeks before and then to loose her sister right after, it just had to have practically destroyed her. Though they were all to wrapped up in their own misery to even notice their friend’s downward spiral.

‘God, how could I have been so stupid? I just took off with Tara when my best friend needed me most and Spike…well he fooled us didn’t he? I could dust him right now! He was really starting to prove himself to me…then to move in on Buffy like that, when she was so vulnerable. Arrgghh, when if I ever see him again, he’ll be ash in the wind before he knows what hit him’

As Willow continued her internally rant about the bleached vampire down below just underneath the steps stood Giles, completely lost in thought. In his heart he believed that it was he who had failed his Slayer the most. Even though the others went their separate ways for awhile; he was her Watcher, he should’ve known that she was too fragile to leave in the care of the chipped vampire.

There was the Drusilla debacle but other than that, Spike had really begun to prove himself as a worthy member of their little unit. He still remembers the day Xander came barreling into the Magic Box inhaling rapidly to get air back into his lungs all the while informing him of Buffy’s disappearance.

After the initial panic, everyone’s first instinct was to head to Spike’s crypt. They’d all been away and she and Spike probably spent all that time with one another. So Willow, Xander and himself headed off to Spike’s while Tara and Anya stayed behind.

It was eerily quiet but they paid it no mind. The sun had just set only an hour before and it was a grave yard after all. There was no reason for Spike to be up so early or late depending on how you looked at it.

They searched the entire tomb, from top to bottom and found nothing. The only items left in the place were a ratty old chair, a shabby looking bed and a busted television. Having no luck there, they hoped to find something, anything at the old Summer’s home. So the trio headed over to 1630 Revello Drive and was greeted with the same results.


‘That day was the scariest of my life. There was nothing left; every room we searched was absolutely empty’

He remembered finally wandering into the kitchen and finding an envelope with the words WATCHER in a strong bold, almost Elizabethan script. Knowing it was not his Slayer’s hand writing, he opened the envelope with a trembling hand.

Watcher,

If you’ve found this then you know by now that the Slayer is gone. When I say gone I don’t mean dead, she wanted to leave and she wanted me to go with her.

Whether you lot believe it or not, I’m in love with her and I won’t deny her anything. Since all of you decided to take a ‘vacation’, I’m all she’s got.

Don’t bother trying to find us, because you won’t. The Slayer doesn’t even know that I left this for you. If she did, she’d probably stake me.

I did this for your piece of mind. I do know that you care for her and would worry.

Well that’s that then.

Be seeing you,

Spike

Giles pulled the folded up piece of paper out of his pocket and stared at it. He just didn’t know what to feel. Spike had been right; they just did leave her and to her own devices and Spike was the only one she could turn to.

Then there was the little voice in the back of his head that kept reminding him that Spike was nothing but a soulless monster and wasn’t to be trusted. As the Watcher continued to mull over his feelings the blonde Wicca stared out the front window of The Magic Box.

Tara didn’t really know what to feel about the situation. She’d only known Buffy for a short time and Spike even less. Though what she really didn’t understand what the big deal was. It was easy to see that Buffy was in love with the vampire. She just hoped that wherever they were that they were happy.


*--------------------*


Outside Cordelia was fuming, she couldn’t believe ‘Little Miss Save the World’ was at it again. She and Angel were on the verge of a ‘thing’ and ‘Little Miss Buffy’ just had to go and fuck it up!

‘It’s always about Buffy…Buffy, Buffy, BUFFY! I swear that girl just pisses me off sometimes. Who am I kidding; she makes me wanna rip her head off all the time! For the longest time it was Buffy and Angel this and Buffy and Angel that. Well damn it, it supposes to be Angel and Cordy now!

Cordelia was so busy complaining to herself about the Buffy/Angel saga that she never noticed the two shadowy figures begin to follow her. She was only a few blocks for the mansion, which was where the entire AI team was staying during all of this.

So by the time she realized what was happening it was too late. As the two creatures bit into opposite sides of her neck, Cordelia realized her fatal mistake. Never curse the Slayer while in her town. As she felt her life slip away with each passing second Cordelia Chase’s last thoughts were…

‘I wish I had never met Buffy Summers’

With those as the former May Queen’s last thoughts she fell to the floor with a soft thud. The two vampires stalked off into the night in search of a better meal. The fledglings learned that to feed from a fellow demon did nothing to sate their hunger. It also left a really bitter after taste.


*--------------------*


The same time across the country Whistler felt a slight tingle on the back of his neck. He sat silently in the dark waiting for The Powers message to come through. Sighing heavily he fell back on to his bed.

He knew better than to have trust Doyle to choose his successor.

‘Oh well at least I won’t have to listen to her whining anymore’

Smiling to himself the demon rolled on to his side thinking of potentials to take her place.

‘He’ll be perfect; it’s just the task of finding him’

At this he felt another slight tingle on the back of his neck and suddenly had a flash himself. His smile grew broader as he thought of what was to come.


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 10