Title: Bittersweet
Part; 11/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness ensues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and its Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 11 -- Misunderstanding + Jealousy = Angel

*--------------------*


Buffy was packing the small amount of possessions they actually took with them while her mate was furiously make calls to get them out of the country as soon as possible. He promised her long ago that he would show her the world; he’d already shown her a large portion of the United States. It didn’t matter where they went as long as they were gone by sunrise.

Ever since the Angel encounter earlier Spike had been anything but calm. He just couldn’t shake the feeling that the little world he had built for them was about to come crashing down. The day they left Sunnydale was the day they left a life behind and began anew. He knew that he just wanted to forget the days he spent on the Hellmouth and his mate was no different. Even though there were good memories there just weren’t enough of them to out weigh the bad.

Sensing her mate’s distress she walked up behind him wrapping her arms around her waist and laid her head on his back. “Something is bothering you and don’t tell me its Peaches or something like that” she said imitating his accent when speaking of his sire. He chuckled at his love’s horrible impression of himself but it did lighten his mood considerably.

Turning in her embrace he pulled her closer burying his face in her neck, inhaling her scent. Sometimes he still had trouble believing that this remarkable woman was his and his alone. Before this he always had to share her whether they were enemies or friends. Now she was his and he never intended on giving her up without a fight.

Jealousy was a major problem he had. There were several occasions where Buffy had to restrain him from ripping some demon, human or other type of creatures head off. He was the same way with Dru, just with Buffy it was even more so. It took him so long to have Buffy willing in his arms, in his bed that nothing was ever going to take her from him.

“I don’t know. Seeing my sorry excuse for a sire again…it just brought up some stuff I’d rather not go into” he said as he slowly extracted himself from her embrace.

Buffy sighed heavily, she knew he was keeping things in. When they first started on their little road trip she was the one to share her past experiences and feelings but eventually with each passing day she was able to get him to open up. He was doing that thing where he closed himself off…she hated that thing!

“Will talk to me, you know I hate it when you do this. I mean I thought we talked about the not sharing and the keeping of things from one another” she looked at him challenging him somewhat with her eyes to disagree with her statement.

“I love you and no matter what you say or think or believe, that’s not a lie. I’m in love with you William and I am not Cecile and I most definitely not Drusilla. What you do with that is your choice but I can tell you I will not walk away from you. You forget I made you mine and I keep what’s mine” with that she stormed out of the room and apartment and into the night.

Spike let out an unneeded breath. They both talked about her always having to be strong and that she should be able to go to him when she needed. Of course she wouldn’t be Buffy without making him promise to do the same.

‘God, How stupid am I? I just shut out my mate while my sire is here trying to reclaim her!’

Fear of the worst kind shot through Spike’s heart as he thought of his sweet Buffy in the arms of his sire. Images flashed through his mind; images of Angel kissing Buffy, touching Buffy, making love to Buffy. Now sounds could be heard; Spike could hear his darling girl crying out for his sire’s touch begging him to let her come.

The images and sounds all became too much for the vampire and with a howl of animalistic rage he threw his fist into the nearest wall. There was no way in hell Angel was going to take what was his. With that he wrenched the door open and stalked out into the night

‘I’ll kill him if he has touched her’


*--------------------*


‘The nerve of him, after everything we’ve gone through together. I mean forget the whole Glorificus deal; there was Angelus and the Initiative. We promised each other to always talk about everything. I mean I know he has that whole macho-vampire thing going on but still…’

The Slayer knew inside that she probably overreacted and should probably go back to the apartment but she was just too wired, to hype up to go back and deal with him yet. She felt him before he made his presence known.

“Come out, Angel”


*--------------------*


End of Chapter 11