Title: Bittersweet
Part; 1/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 1 -- The Beginning

*--------------------*

It had been only three days since the funeral, everyone lost in their own worlds dealing with the loss of the girl they'd all come to love. Willow and Tara feeling the need to get away from The Hellmouth for awhile decided to visit a friend of Tara's in San Francisco. Anya and Xander retreated to the confines of their apartment to be just with one another and Giles went back to England to deal with the council.

Leaving Buffy and Spike to draw comfort from one another. After the funeral everyone went to Buffy's house, except for Buffy. Just as she done at her mother's grave she stood there waiting, for what she didn't know. Only this time the vampire to come up behind her and grasp her hand had eyes like the sea instead of the earth.

*--------------------*

//In nothing more than a whisper he gave her hand a quick squeeze and said. "She's in a better place now, love." Her only response being a heavy sigh and a squeeze of his hand in return. He tugged on her hand and began to lead her away from the fresh grave.

Just as she had done with Angel they found themselves sitting under a large oak. Sitting side by side her hand clutching his with her head resting on his shoulder, with a sigh she began. "I'm so tired Spike. I mean my sister just died. Key or not she is...was my sister. I know everyone is hurting but they all...God I dunno..." She trailed off not really knowing what or how to say she was feeling.

Spike just pulled her closer and dropped a kiss on head and said. "They're all grieving Buffy. I know you're hurt, we all are but always know I'm here for you. I loved the little bit and whether you like it or not I do love you too." She stayed silent for a long while knowing what he said was true. He had proved that numerous times over in the past. Finally in reply. "I know Spike, I know"

There they sat, Vampire and Slayer under a starlit sky. Both sat in a comfortable silence for a good part of the night. All to soon Spike could smell the Sunrise. Though he still had a good hour before the fatal rays came he still had no urge to fit in an ash tray. He began to stand pulling Buffy along with him. They stood there looking at one another, not quite sure where to go from there. Finally Buffy made the first move by offering her hand. Without a second thought he took her hand in his and they headed to 1630 Revello Drive.//

*--------------------*

That was three days ago. When the sun had set that evening and everyone had gone, Buffy and Spike went to Spike's crypt to collect the few things he kept with him. It was decided that Spike would move in with Buffy and help out with bills and other expenses. It turned out that after living well over hundred years one aquired quite a bit of money over time.

Now Buffy was in the kitchen in a pair of forest green sleep pants and a white tank making breakfast for herself. She took the box of cereal down and added milk to the sugary grains. Spike near the microwave fixing a pint of O-NEG. He took his breakfast over to the counter and sat down next to Buffy clothed only in a pair of black lounge pants and a white wife-beater.

Spike turned to toward the Slayer feeling her eyes on him. When he looked into her moss green eyes he could see she was lost in thought. Finally giving up on the staring contest he asked what she was thinking. After he got no response a touched her hand gently breaking her train of thought.

"huh...what" She looked at Spike and then realized she'd been staring, she turned her head to the side trying to hide the blush that had crept across her face. He put his finger under her chin to have her turn back to face him. "Hey pet, what's going on in that head of yours?" he said with a small smile on his lips

She looked up at him with a small smile of her own and said "I was just thinking..." Giving her look that said 'what about?' She continued but becoming very serious. "I told Giles that if she died I was quitting" Spike didn't have to ask who she was or what it was she was quitting. "I know it might not be the most so called responsible thing to do but I don't care. I mean I care but...well what I'm trying to say is that. I'm leaving Sunnydale and I want you to come with me."

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 1