Title: Bittersweet
Part; 2/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 2 -- The Beginning pt. II

*--------------------*

Spike sat there stunned, he couldn't possible have heard her correctly. She wanted to leave Sunnydale and what was even more unbelievable was that she wanted *him* to go with her. "I’m sorry I must have heard you wrong...you...you want me to...to go with you." At her slight nod he just sat there a moment and looked her straight in the eye and asked again. "Let me get this straight, you want *me* to leave with *you*?"

She nodded her head, when he didn't say anything she took his hands in hers and said. "Look Spike I know because of...well everything in the past it may seem like 'why would she want me' but I'm asking you because I can't stay here anymore. It's too much I told Giles I was going to quit if she died. Well my sister is dead" She paused for a moment trying to collect herself.

"My mother had all her affairs in order, the house has already been sold. I have something’s already put away in storage everything else I'm either taking or just getting rid of." Spike sat there in a stunned silence letting all of what she said sink in. He finally came out of his thoughts. "Ok, I understand your choice to leave but I am pretty damn sure you didn't tell anyone about it. Still I come back to 'why me' not that I'm not flattered...it's just well" he trailed off not really knowing what else to say.

"Spike what you did with Dru and...Well let's just say that wasn't one of your better ideas..." They looked at each other both giving the other a small smirk. "...but after everything I know that you do care, in your own way." She paused not really knowing how to say what she had to say next.

Spike being able to tell that there was more she had to say patiently waited. All the while he couldn't help the hope that filled his heart. She finally moved a bit closer to him and looked up into his eyes never seeing how blue they were until that moment. "Spike, I lied to you that day. I did...I mean I do feel something for you. I'm not in love with you but I *do* love you and I hope one day..." She looked up at him to see him softly smiling down at her a tinge of red staining her cheeks.

He ran the tips of his fingers down the right side of her face. "That's all asked for Buffy. Just a crumb and it seems I've gotten a bit more than that." He leaned down to brush his lips against hers.

The kiss was feather light and when he pulled back she wished for more. They stared at each other for a moment until Spike broke the silence. "Come on, love. We got a lot to do before we leave...so when *do* we leave?" She just smiled and took his mug and her bowl and walked over to the sink. She walked back to him holding out her hand and as they left the kitchen she answered.

"Tomorrow night, Spike"

*--------------------*

The time had finally come, everything she owned was either thrown away, donated or she was taking it with her. Most had gone to the Salvation Army; Buffy was only taking clothes, Mr. Gordo, her journal and a few pieces of jewelry and other odds and ends. Basically all her things fit into a large black duffel bag.

Spike unlike Buffy had little he needed, his things consisted of some clothing, books and other personal odds and ends he liked to keep with him. Again all of his things fit into a large duffel bag. Spike had gotten rid of the DeSoto at Buffy's demand. Instead parked out front of the Summer's former home was a black mustang with tinted windows for the driver with the slight aversion to the sun.

The sun had just set 15 minutes ago and with their things packed. Spike leaned up against the side of the car dressed in a pair of black jeans and a loose black silk button down shirt watching as Buffy did a last check of the house. She stepped outside and locked the door.

As she came down the path dressed in a pair of well worn low rider jeans and a black tank top that showed a bit of her toned belly she smiled at him, he opened the passenger side door and she slid into the seat. Spike walked around the back of the car and slid into the drivers side. They smiled at one another taking her left her hand in his right, without a look back they drove off into the twilight.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 2