Title: Bittersweet
Part; 4/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//

Chapter 4 -- That was Then, This is Now

*--------------------*

Buffy snuggled up against her vampire after their last round of lovemaking. Her head lay on his chest above where his heart should beat. Instead of the steady rhythm of a heart beat, she hears the soft sound of purring. The sound brings a small smile to the tiny blonde's face. Though her lover doesn't breath she can tell he has fallen into a deep sleep. Listening to the soft purring that fills the room and the occasional sirens and cars passing by outside, Buffy remembered the first time she heard such a sound and the joy that she felt in knowing she created.

Buffy's POV

// We left Sunnydale nearly a month ago. Since neither of us really knew where we wanted to go and we weren't in any rush to get there, we headed north. Our first stop was Lancaster; we just about flew through L.A. We didn't even stay in Lancaster that long either. Spike said something about the people being 'complete wankers' I just shook my head at that. I never really understood Spike's speech patterns anyway.

After Lancaster we really didn't stop for any length of time until we hit Sacramento. I'd never been really anywhere before. So after about a week, Spike suggested we head east. In my head I always thought how much I'd like to see New York and the snow, so with that we were eventually on our way again.

Our first stop was in Nevada, Virginia city. I was tempted ask why we just didn't go to Carson instead but I decided against it. We were both tired and the sun was about to rise. So we decided to pull into a motel. Something like the 'Stars Inn', I wasn't paying attention.

Spike got us a room...one bed, I wasn't about to complain. We had been sharing just about everything for almost the past month. Both of us had our one bag slung over our shoulders, I stood behind him as he had a short battle tying to get the key card to work.

He stepped to the side letting me pass before following me inside and closing the door firmly behind him. The room was pretty simple.

When you first walked in, on your right was the closet and to the left was the bathroom. The bathroom itself was nice; there was a large tub big enough for two. The bathroom was decorated in soft mossy greens and warm crème colors. The room had one queen sized bed, nightstands on either side, a lamp on both sides. On the opposite wall there was a large chest and when opened, a large television set could be seen. In the far corner there was a small round table, two chairs placed around it and a phone sat on top. The room was decorated in soft earthy tones.

We both notice the sorry excuse for curtains on the windows. Back in Lancaster we realized this might be a problem, so we bought some black fabric to put up over window as such. Spike then goes into my bag and takes out the fabric covering up the windows and blocking out the sun's harmful rays.

Over the past few weeks my appearance have gone under some minor changes. Since my traveling companion has a slight sun aversion my skin has paled slightly. Spike commented on it and decided that I need to get out into the sun more often. Other than that I really haven't change that much. Spike himself has decided to nix the slicked back look. His hair now is in a mess of curls or unruly spikes. Otherwise we're both the same ole Buffy and Spike.

After we left Sunnydale Spike and I became a lot closer. There would be frequent touching, we would both find reasons/excuses to touch one another. Somehow he always found a new way to surprise me or make me laugh. Not being around Sunnydale and the constant pressure of my duty as a Slayer let me see a side of Spike I didn't even know was there.

After about a week we had our first real kiss, it was nothing overly so. It was sweet and nice and really left me wanting. Of course after that there was much kissing and semi-naughty touching. Every chance he got Spike was reminding me how much he loved me and I always replied in kind. I couldn't deny it anymore. I loved him and he loved me.

Though we loved each other and the extremely hot makeout sessions, we never went past major kissage and semi-naughty touching I'm starting to get antsy. I also know I'm not the only one. Today will be the day. I want him and I will have him.

After I take a nap...//

I'm pulled from my soon to be very good memory by the melody of Spike's cell phone. Even though we've been in New York for awhile now, Spike decided that it would be better to have only a mobile phone than to have an actually phone line. We both know the gang in Sunnydale and Angel's crew are looking for us.

News like a missing Slayer and a childer to a master like Angelus moves fast. Nobody who knows where we are will tell because the only people who know are a few demons. Both Spike and I are not exactly friendly to those who cross us.

I can't help the worry that fills me. About a week back an old friend of Merrick's found Spike and I in a pub in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. As soon as Spike saw the place he just had to go in for the hell of it.

'The Wicked Monk' was its name. It was dark, loud and filled with various alcoholic beverages, basically a great place to be if you're a bleached blonde vampire. Anyway Merrick's friend who went by the name Raz, he found us and told us he heard about the Initiative's down fall and he also knew about Spike's chip. Raz claimed to know of a man that could help us with that problem.

That's probably who Spike is on the phone with now. The doctor is a specialist, known for working with demons. So the needs to have Spike in a non sunlit room and lots of blood on hand would not be an odd request. In the demon world she's known as Ruby why I don't know but her actually name is Sam Stacker.

Spike just hung up and threw the phone on the bedside table. He rolls back over and pulls me back against his chest. I feel his lips brush the back of my neck as he nuzzles his face there.

"Go back to sleep princess" he mumbles into my skin. I sigh and snuggle back into his embrace before I begin to remember again.

// As I begin to come out from under the cover of sleep I realize two things, one I practically slept the day away and second a hard cool body was pressed up against my back. Spikes hand was rubbing soothing circles on my tummy just under my shirt. I placed my hand of his to still his movements.

I twist a bit towards him leaning up for a kiss. At the first brush of his mouth, I nearly melt against him. Soon my hands are in his hair, lacing through his soft curls. Then his tongue slides across my bottom lip, I moan opening up for him instantly. His tongue glides in between my parted lips, thoroughly exploring the confines of my mouth before drawing mine into battle.

Spike growls deep in his throat and crushes me against him. His scent and taste filled my senses. I am so hot and I know only he can cool the fires that burn within me. I moan in distress when he breaks the kiss.

He doesn't disappoint, soon I gasp in surprise when my shirt is pulled over my head in one quick movement, exposing myself to his eyes. For a moment all he does is stare, taking all that I am in. I feel my breath quicken and my breast tighten under his blatant perusal.

He then slides down my body running his fingers over my abdomen, making me shiver as he goes. I close my eyes trying to concentrate on the feelings he is creating. Everywhere he touches tingles with an icy fire.

My breath hitched has I felt his tongue circle one hardened nipple, his finger teasing the other. His other hand slid inside, pushing past the lace of my panties to slide one finger deep inside. My hips jerk in reaction, grinding my hips against his finger eventually joined by a second, pumped inside of me. His thumb began to tease my clit, sending little shocks of pleasure throughout my body. His lips moved to my other nipple as another finger pushed inside, spreading me open further.
I cried out as I crashed violently over the edge, my body sagging against his as I came down form my peak. He drew at my climax as long as he could, finally when I was nothing but a mass of nerves he crawled up my body and kissed me softly letting me taste myself on his tongue.
After only a moment or so Spike had me on my stomach pulling me up onto my hand and knees. He then draped himself over me, nuzzling his face into my neck. I was becoming extremely aroused once again, I could feel his cock pulsing up against my ass.
Spike growled as he smelled my arousal, squeezing one of my breast non-too gently. He continued to caress and fondle my breast as his other hand began to slide down to my core. I moan pressing my head against the head board, arching into his touch.
"Please" I beg in a breathless plea
I felt Spike harden even more, if possible. He mumble something about me begging being the sweetest sound he'd ever heard so he continued to tease me. My legs were pressed tightly together knowing that if I loosened them the evidence of my desire would be sliding down my legs. His fingers continued to tease and anytime I try to direct as to where I wanted him, he'd pull back so I stopped trying.
Spike kisses my neck and began to suck and lick on my pulse point as his other hand dropped to rub my clit. He then slid two fingers inside and began to whisper softly into my ear.
"Come on baby, Come for me Buffy...you're so close."


The words fell from my lips with ease. My words became to much for her and she cried out in pleasure. I then bit down with my blunt teeth holding her in my arms as she trembled with release. Wrapping an arm around her waist, I pulled her back against me. Then blanketing her body with my own. She places her hands on top the headboard for purchase and with one thrust I'm buried to the hilt.
I growl deep in my throat, the feel of her tight silken walls rippling around me was so much I had to hold still to keep from coming right there. After a moment or so the beautiful blonde beneath me became impatient and began to push back, moan and look back at me. This causing another growl to make it's way from my throat, I grab her hair and force her to face forward.
Leaving one hand threaded through her hair my other hand rest on her hip and I begin to move. I slowly pull out before slamming back into her. Not too long after she moved with me, silently begging for more. I lean over to kiss her neck where it's slightly bruised from my bite earlier.
All to soon it becomes too much and I begin a pounding rhythm. Pulling all the way out before slamming all the way back in again. I then slip a hand around and start to roll her clit between her fingers. Soon she falling over the edge again. As gently as I can I sink my fangs into her neck. Making her mine, covering Angel's and Drac's mark making her my own. She belongs to me now. My Slayer, my friend, my lover, my mate and I tell her so.
She looks at me with unshed tears in her eyes. I know that she can't return the claim, not yet anyway. It doesn't matter to me though, I know that she loves me and I love her, that's all that matters. I pull her into my arms, with her head pillowed on my chest and I begin to purr. For the first time in my long life I feel content and happy and I know I never want to loose this feeling...//

As the last of the memory fades Buffy turns in her mates arms and begins to wake him in the most delightful of ways.

*--------------------*
Angel sits in his darkened office thinking of the one girl that taught him how to feel and live again. He knew he had to find her, get her away as far away form Spike as possible. The shrill of his telephone rips him from his thoughts on how he can torture his childer and on different ways of bringing Buffy home.
"Hello, Whistler?"
"Hey kid, I got some information that I think I might interest you. The word on the street is that there is some new people to hit the New York scene. Possible the Slayer and William the Bloody. Nobody knows for sure, all anyone knows is that if you cross them you end up dead. What I did find out however is a lot more solid than any demon gossip..."
Angel patients was running thin. "Look Whis, not really needing back story here just get to the point."
"Damn Ang, just like that little Slayer, always in such a rush. Alright I'm sure you know about Spike's chip" At Angel sound of agreement Whistler continued. "Anyway it seems he might have found a doctor who is willing to take it out. For the right price of course. The doc is well known in the demon world, goes by the name Ruby. Look it was rumored that Spike was seeking her services. I don't know anything for sure yet but I was able to get an address. I'll keep looking for ya."
Angel's heart soared, he might just find her and be able to convince her to come home with him. After Whistler gave him the address Angel made plans to head to New York as soon as possible. He also made a few calls to Sunnydale letting them know he had a lead. Hopefully he would be able to bring her home and maybe stake his pest of childe in the process.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 4