Title: Bittersweet
Part; 5/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

Chapter 5 -- Lost Slayer, Lost Love

*--------------------*

In the low light of the once training space of a slayer in the 'Magic Box', Rupert Giles finally allowed himself to let the tears fall. It's already been 3 months since his Slayer's disappearance and if the rumors are true, then she is also with that bleached pest. All he kept thinking was how he should've had Buffy stake him long ago.

Dawn...the girl's name makes his heart break all over again. From what Buffy told everyone Dawn went and sacrificed herself in order to close the portal. Later on after the gang left except for Spike who was hiding out in the basement at the time, he learned that Buffy was going to jump herself that is until her own sister stopped her.

Then his poor Slayer broke down in tears but just as soon as the tears came they were gone. He knew that she was trying to be strong and deal with things her own way. The next day he put in the call to the council that the threat of Glorificus was no more and soon he was on a plan to London not 2 hours later, Xander, Willow and their significant others also decided to take sometime for themselves; leaving his Slayer on her own and a chipped vampire as her only company. Now that he looks back on it, leaving her alone with had to be the worst idea ever.

//It was almost 4 days later from the day his Slayer and Spike left that Giles and the gang realized something might be wrong. The first clue was that when anyone called there was no answer. Another was the 'Sold' sign on the front lawn of the Summers home. Xander was walking up to the house when he saw that it looked deserted and the 'Sold' sign out front. He turned and ran straight toward the 'Magic Box'

15 minutes later the distress boy busted through the doors of the shop startling a few customers and drawing the attention of a Watcher, ex-demon and one Wicca. Breathing heavily he was able to gasp out one word before staggering towards the table and dropping into a seat...

"Buffy"//

Giles was pulled from his thoughts because of a loud crash outside and then a string of curses form Anya. Shaking his head he sat down heavily on the couch and couldn't help continuing think of his lost slayer...

*--------------------*

Angel was walking around his basement apartment trying to figure out what to take with him to New York. He already packed a few choice weapons along with a few books. All he had left to do was to check up a few cases and pack some clothes and he would be on his way.

It was the first time in a long while when he felt such joy and rage at the same time. He felt over run with joy because he soon would be reunited with his beloved and as soon as he had her she would never leave his side. She was marked and she was his. There was no other who would dare challenge his claim or so he thought.

Oh he knew Dracula had taste but his Buffy basically dusted Drac's ass and he left the Hellmouth without so much as a goodbye. So to his knowledge she was his and it would always be that way. Again he was not worried about his childe because he had the chip incased in his head. What he didn't know was that if he didn't intend to really hurt Spike was able to inflict some damage, like to mark a certain slayer as his mate.

Angel knowing none of this continued to prepare for his trip to New York and to reclaim his lost love.

*--------------------*

END OF CHAPTER 5