Title: Bittersweet
Part; 7/?
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.
Author's Note III: {dreams} & //Flashback//
Author's Note IV: Oh and I decided that Angel still works out of his original office. That whole explosion thing never happened, why you may ask...well I don't like the hotel all that much.

CHECK OUT MY SITE http://www.geocities.com/angelusblood

Chapter 7 -- Daddy's Home

*--------------------*

Angel looked out the window and was greeted by the sight of a few apartment buildings and pedestrians walking along in the early evening. As soon as his plane touched down Whistler met him at the gate and the two hopped into a cab headed for Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

There had been many sightings that placed the 'Angel of Death' and 'William the Bloody' in the area. It seemed that his sweet Buffy and his wild childe had made a name for themselves in the demon world. In just the few months since they left Sunnydale many in the Vampiric Hierarchy grew to fear the deadly duo. Let alone other various demon communities.

Spike himself was a master in his own right but Buffy...Buffy was an entirely different story. Never in history had a Slayer allied herself with a vampire. Of course Buffy had to go and be different and join forces with two of them. The golden haired Slayer was a human, the very first to have the Vampiric world at her finger tips.

Though all this information meant nothing to Angel. What concerned him were the rumors that *his* childe had challenged *his* claim on the Slayer. If the rumors were true...well he tried not to think about it. He knew that if Spike really did challenge his claim there would be a battle...and more than likely it would be to dust.

*--------------------*

Spike leaned back onto the bed pulling an exhausted Buffy down next to him. Both were tired from the night's earlier events. He still couldn't believe that Buffy let him feed from that man, let alone kill him. God it felt good to have the taste of fresh blood on his tongue once more. Not that his sweet Slayer didn't let him have a taste, but it just wasn't the same. When he felt the man's body become limp and cooler by the minute in his arms, the feeling was almost euphoric.

On the way back home they both discussed the changes that would come with Spike being able to hurt humans again. Buffy instantly reassured him that she was his mate and that she would never leave him but she also wasn't sure she would be able to deal with him killing him again.

Spike knew he'd do anything to keep his princess by his side. So right then and there he told her that yes he'd hunt but he wouldn't kill his prey. The only time he'd consider killing were in cases like the one tonight. Buffy's eyes brightened and she pressed a soft kiss to his lips before continuing on their way home.

So here he was with his mate by his side, in his bed and the fact that he was no longer helpless was a plus. What more could a vampire ask for. Suddenly Buffy snuggled deeper into the embrace and began to nuzzle her face into his chest. Smiling softly he kissed her crown never noticing the brown eyes that had soon become a saffron gold.

Just before the shadow with eyes of gold sauntered back out into the night, the faintest whisper could be heard.

"Daddy's home"

*--------------------*

End of Chapter 7