A/N: So here it is. Chapter 2. Italy was great, I watched Buffy too… in Italian. Yup. That’s right. Anyway, I don’t like this chapter, I think I rushed it, hopefully you all will. Special Thanks to Shippy, for being my FIRST EVER review, and also a big thank you to evry1 else who reviewed too. Continue to do so. :-D
BTW: The song Spike was singing in Chapter One was “Black Shuck” by The Darkness.


Chapter 2: Meet the Neighbours.

Rubbing her eyes, Buffy Summers rolled over, only to groan when she read that it was almost 9:30 in the morning. She wondered why it was that she was awake; it had been such good dream, when the sound of “Smells like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana reached her ears. 'The Boy Next Door' was blaring out his music again.

Cursing under her breath, Buffy made her way to the bathroom. As she emerged, looking and feeling much better than when she had gone in, she heard voices coming from downstairs; one was her mothers, the other was a deep male voice, Buffy concluded ‘British’ as she descended the stairs. The room on the left was full of boxes, she was sure they weren’t there last night, the room on the right full of furniture.

Turning into the kitchen, she saw her mother talking with an elderly man. He was all tweed, glasses and greying hair. But Buffy supposed he was ok looking for a guy of his age. Not wanting to eavesdrop; the two hadn’t even noticed the blonde, Buffy made her way into the back garden. It was so peaceful, something was missing. Oh, right, the music. She really should go talk to that boy. Making her way around to her neighbour’s front yard, Buffy began to hum a tune. Black Shuck actually. But she didn’t realise that.

As she looked up, Buffy was stopped short by the sight of a very muscular back, which was attached to a pair of baggy dungarees; the straps of which were hanging loosely. The owner of this back was digging a hole, with a rather large shovel. She cleared her throat, and as the boy turned, Buffy was met with the most intense blue eyes she had ever seen. *Wow* Realising she was staring, Buffy stuck out her hand, “Umm… hey. I’m Buffy. I just moved in next door.”

The boy smirked and took the hand of the beauty in front of him. *Cor. She’s beautiful. And also my neighbour. Looks like livin’ with Uncle Rupe won’t be so bad after all.* As he continued to study her, he noticed that she looked as though she was waiting for something. *Oh. Damn* He blinked a few times, before eventually coming to his senses. As he was still holding her hand, he raised it to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

“Name’s Spike, pet. But you can call me anyfin’ you want too. So, looks like we’re neighbours huh, pet?”

Slightly startled and still reeling from the kiss, Buffy pulled her hand away. “Uhh… yeah. I… umm… err,” she started before mentally shaking herself and stringing together a coherent sentence. “Yeah, I guess we are. Neighbours, I mean. But I came about your music. I was wondering, could you turn it down at night? It’s just that, I‘ll be starting school in a couple of days and I want to be…” Buffy trailed off as she saw the smirk ‘Spike’ was sending her way.

“Well, to that luv, I’d ‘ave to say no.”

Buffy’s jaw almost hit the floor. She moved her mouth up and down like a goldfish, thus proving Spike’s ‘pet,’ before forcing her mouth to work properly. “Well, why the hell not?” She stormed, “All I’m asking you to do is turn your music down so I can sleep!”

“Now why would I do that? If I keep playin’ it loud, that gives you a reason to bring your cute little self round to see me now, dunnit?” he grinned, obviously pleased with himself. Buffy, meanwhile, was disgusted. *I’ve only known him 5 minutes and already he’s hitting on me! What a pig! Granted, gorgeous, but a pig nonetheless. I mean, I don’t even know anything about him, except that he likes rock, uses pet names a lot, is called Spike and dyes his hair. Don’t forget gorgeous! Oh shut up!*

“Ugh. You’re a pig Spike.” And with that, she turned on her heel and walked away.

Spike himself was appalled. That had not gone well at all. He watched her hips swaying from side and decided he would have to do something about her.


A/N: So there we have it. Any ideas for a title?