A/N: Sorry for the slight delay. Sims 2 came out on Friday and I haven’t stopped playing it. :-) It’s so good! Anyway here is the new chapter.


Chapter 3: Best Friends

It had been four days since her encounter with Spike, and, thankfully, Buffy had not spoken to him again. This did not, however, mean she hadn’t seen him. Oh no. She’d seen him alright, every night in fact, in her dreams. But really, she’d only actually seen him twice. Mowing the lawn (topless) and last night, as he closed his blind, Buffy had been at her window, and he’d winked at her. She had pretended to be disgusted, but secretly, inside she was melting.

The family had settled in quite well to the new neighbourhood, all had made friends. The man whom Buffy had seen her mother speaking with turned out to be Spikes Uncle Rupert. But, according to the man himself, Rupert was “a despicable name and an injustice to the English language,” so he was just Giles. Dawn had two new friends, a girl called Janice and a young man named Andrew. Andrew had a sister, Anya, an outrageous blonde with a great love of sex and a great fear of rabbits. Buffy had met her, but hadn’t really had a chance to talk. She had made two very good friends though. She had met Willow Rosenburg on her second full day in the house. Willow was a sweetie, she had red hair and green eyes. Yesterday she had shown Buffy around the neighbourhood and introduced her to Xander Harris, a young man with floppy brown hair and brown eyes. He was like a big teddy bear and very obviously had a crush on Buffy. Today the three of them had gone to the mall, school was starting in a week and Buffy needed new clothes.

They had returned from the mall around 2 hours ago and now they were in Willows house watching and Indian soap opera. Willow was sitting on her bedroom floor; Xander and Buffy were on the bed behind her, lying on their stomachs, Buffy plaiting Willows hair.


“Is she dying?” asked a concerned Xander. Buffy frowned, “I think she’s singing”

Xander nodded, “To a telephone in Hindi, now that’s entertainment. Why is she singing?” he was once again bewildered.

Willow, who had been silent throughout the entire film, suddenly spoke up, “She’s sad coz her lover gave her twelve gold cons, but then the wizard cut open the bag of salt and now the dancing minions have nowhere to put there big maypole,” here she gestured wildly with her hands before continuing, “fish thingy” she stated matter of factly, and went back to her drink.

Xander nodded again while Buffy continued to from at the T.V. “Uh huh. Why is she singing?”

Now it was Buffy’s turn for bewilderment, “Her lover? I thought that was her chiropractor?”

Willow shook her head. “Because of the thing he did with her feet? No, that was personal.” Buffy raised her eyebrows and continued to plait Willows hair.

Xander spoke up again, “And we thought just because we didn’t have any money or any place to go this would be a lacklustre evening.”

Willows eyes lit up, “I know! We can go to the Bronze and sneak in our own teabags and ask for… hot water.” She trailed off dramatically, excitement filling her voice.

Xander joked back, “hop off the outlaw train Will, before you land us all in jail.”

Buffy turned to him, “I for one am giddy and up, there’s a kinda hush all over Sunnydale. It’s so quiet, but I’m here with my friends” she smiled and looked back at the T.V. Frowning once more, she tilted her head and asked, “So how does the water Buffalo fit in again?”

They all just shook their heads in confusion.

*********************

Xander let out a sigh of relief when the credits began to roll. “Well, I don’t know about you two girls, but next time? I’m sticking with ‘Apocalypse Now’”

Buffy grinned with glee, “There’s gonna be a next time?”

“Of course Buffy! You’re like my new best friend; we can hang out all the time.”

Xander gave a lopsided smile, “Sure Buff. How about tomorrow? Channel 59, Indian T.V – sex, lies, incomprehensible story lines—I’ll bring the beetle nuts!”

“No! Buffy has to meet Cordy tomorrow remember? She’s coming back from France?” Willow helpfully reminded them.

“I bet France didn’t see her coming. That Chirac dude is probably having a mental breakdown due to France’s sudden loss of shoes. I bet Cordy’s dad had to get a whole plane for just her shoes!” Xander quipped.

Cordy had been part of the gang until last year, which is where Xander’s dislike stemmed from. Cordelia had been Xander’s girlfriend, right up to the point when she had caught him kissing Willow. Thus ending the two year relationship, and eventually Cordy split from the group of three, although she was still very good friends with Willow. Now, Cordy didn’t have a particular group of people that she liked to hang out with, she drifted between each different group at school, making friends with everyone. Well, everyone who was worthy of her friendship at least.

“Well guys, I’d better get going, get some sleep to be ready to meet more people tomorrow. Bye then. See you all tomorrow ‘k?” Buffy hugged her new friends goodbye before crossing the street to her own house, and her own bed.