Chapter 11

As the entered the Bronze all eyes turn to them. There was a good amount of guys there. One who was staring at Buffy ran into the waitress making her drop everything. Buffy laughed as she sat down, it felt good to smile she thought. Xander stood up.

“Where you going?” Buffy asked.

“To go get some drinks. Why?” he said looking at her confused.

“What kind of drinks? The kind with alcohol or the kiddy kind?”

“Um… with alcohol. Why, did you want something else?”

“No! I’ll take the alcohol but how are you going to get it? You’re not 21.” She said with suspicious eyes.

“Haha behold the fake I.D.,” Xander pulled out an I.D. from his pocket then walked over to the bar. Moments later he brought back martinis for everybody. An hour and 4 martinis later, Buffy felt really good and a lot more friendly.

“Excuse me miss?” a voice came from behind Buffy as she laughed at the joke Xander was making. She turned around and saw a very handsome guy. His eyes were blue green and his hair was jet black, she recognized him some how. “Buffy? You remember me Christian… from high school… quarter back of the football team…?”

“Oh my god! Christian! I’m so sorry it’s been awhile!” she got up to hug him talking slightly louder than she usually did.

Christian laughed, “Wow! You’re lookin good!”

Buffy laughed a deep laugh, “Thank you!” she said with a big smile, leaning on him.

“Hey uh you wanna dance or something?”

“Yeah! Let’s go!” she said as she pulled him to the dance floor unable to walk straight.

As they walked towards the dance floor she could see a flash of blonde hair coming thru the door. Even though she saw it she ignored it, not wanting to deal with the pain she felt every time she looked at him.

Spike came thru the doorway not expecting to see her walking towards the dance floor. “Who the hell is that wanker?” he whispered to himself.

“What was that luv?” Drusilla asked.

“Oh uh nothing. Let’s go get a seat.” They went and sat down by the bar. Spikes gaze never leaving Buffy, who was dancing a little too friendly with Christian. Spike winced when he saw Christian put his hand on her waist. He watched until he couldn’t watch any more. He got up.

“Where are you going?” Drusilla asked.

“I’ll Be right back.” Spike grunted.

He walked toward Buffy and grabbed her by the arm.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Buffy yelled as he dragged her out of the Bronze. He threw her against the wall. “What the hell is wrong with you?” she said pulling her arm out of his grasp.

“Who the hell was that?” he screamed.

“Why the hell do you care you got your precious Drudzilla in there to keep you company.”

“It’s Drusilla!!”

Buffy started to tear, “I don’t know what’s more pathetic a man who so desperately in love with a girl who probably never was in love with him. Or a man who can’t see real love when it’s right in front of his face.” She cried harder then ran away.

“Buffy… Buffy!” Spike yelled.