Disclaimer: sadly, joss will sue my pants off if I even pretend I own any of this. But never fear! James will be mine...

[a/n]---also, I know nothing about italy. I’ve never been.

*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:*
.:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .: * .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.

[a/n--^isn’t that so COOL?!]

Spike swore, then restarted packing with a renewed vigor. “Bit,” he said. “What flight do you have?”

“Flight um...347, gate 24. Seriously, you have to hurry up!”

He grabbed his leather duster, and zipped up the duffel bag. “Dawn listen. Make sure that I can get there in time, ok? Before you leave?”

“I don’t know…”

“DAWN! You HAVE to promise me! Buffy can’t leave the damn country without me seeing her!”

“Well, I don’t freaking know if you’re going to make it here in time! God, we’re waiting in line to get ON the plane and you’re asking me to make sure you get there? Yeah, kind of impossible! We can’t help it! She needs out, or she’s going to be suffocated. She can’t stand to be somewhere for a long period of time! Now if you don’t get your ass over here, I’m going to kick it the next time I see you!”

“Platelet,” he bit out. “Listen to me.” He swung the duffel bag over his shoulders, and got ready to head out the door. “I’m on my way. I just need you to distract her. Can you PLEASE do that for me?” He stepped out into the hall, and reached behind him and shut the door. He turned around and headed down the hallway. “Dawn, I’m heading out of my hotel right now. I just…I don’t know if I’m going to get there in 25 minutes. It’s a bit difficult.”

“Fine. Where are you staying?”

“The hotel’s at the corner of…Notte and Giorno. Well that’s funny.”

“What?”

“At the corner of ‘Night’ and ‘Day’. Did they rename the streets here or something?”

“SPIKE! Off topic much?”

“Right. Why do you want to know where I am?”

“So I can see how far away you are from the airport.”

“And the verdict is?”

“If you take a cab, then it’s about fifteen minutes. Wow, you’ve been living practically right next to us, haven’t you?”

Spike stuck out his hand, waiting on the curb, and a green car with checkers on the side pulled up. He climbed in and the man said to him, “A dove desiderate andare?”

Spike tilted the phone so that the mouth piece was touching his shoulder. “All'aeroporto, per favore! Rapidamente, per favore! un'emergenza!”

The man nodded, and began to drive away. Spike lifted the phone back to his mouth, only to be greeted by a dial tone.

*~::~*

“Dawn?” The brunette started at the sound of her sister’s voice. “Who are you talking to?”

“No one! Just…no one.”

Her sister’s face fell slight, and Buffy turned to stare out at the early morning sky. She let her eyes wander over each curve of every cloud, and smiled slightly as she heard people in the airport singing in Italian. She had forgotten how funny this was. And how the last time, Spike had…

Spike.

She looked up at the sky again, looking for any sign that he was there. And before she knew it, she began to sing.

I found myself today
Oh I found myself and ran away
But something pulled me back
A voice of reason I forgot I had
All I know is your not here to say
What you always used to say
But it's written in the sky tonight


A tear slipped down her cheek, and she wiped it away and continued to look at the sky, a small smile beginning to form on her lips.

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark
I'll still believe
That someone's watching over me


She knew that Spike was protecting her. She knew that he was looking down at her from heaven. He had to be in heaven. Who wouldn’t let him in after he’d saved the world?

I've seen that ray of light
And it's shining on my destiny
Shining all the time
And I won't be afraid
To follow everywhere it's taking me
All I know is yesterday is gone
And right now I belong
To this moment
To my dreams

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark
I'll still believe
That someone's watching over me


Spike looked up as the cab came to a stop, and he paid the man the right amount of money before bolting out of the car and into the airport. He ran towards the gates and came to the metal detectors. He took off his shoes and put them on the conveyer belt along with his luggage and jacket. He passed through, and to his immense relief didn’t set off any alarms. He picked up his stuff and put his shoes back on, and began to make his way to the gate.

It doesn't matter what people say
And it doesn't matter how long it takes
Believe in yourself an you'll find
It only matters how true you are
Be true to yourself and follow your heart


Dawn glanced around nervously as her sister was singing. She glanced up at the ceiling, praying, when she heard the ticket person announce that they would start boarding in 1 minute.

No I won’t give up
No I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark
I’ll still believe


Spike ran down the hall with all the speed he could find trying to get to Gate 24, tears stinging his eyes at the thought of not getting there in time.

Buffy on the other hand, was beginning to calm down, and beginning to regret buying the plane tickets. But, she had to get out of Italy. And she and Dawn stood in line with the 10 other passengers that were going on the flight, and she continued to sing.

That I won’t give up
No I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around

Spike stopped in the middle of the airport, running his hands through his hair and panting. He turned a 360, and finally saw a sign that indicated Gates 21-24. He shifted the duffel bag higher on his arm and started in that direction.

And I will be strong
Even when it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark
I’ll still believe


Buffy smiled at the woman as Dawn handed her her ticket. She lifted her own to give to her when she heard it.

Spike watched in terror as Buffy and Dawn gave the woman their tickets, and got ready to board the plane. “BUFFY! Buffy, wait! Please!”

Her smile dropped away and she turned slowly to face the black clad figure that raced toward her, tears shining in her eyes.

That someone’s watching over
Someone’s watcing over
Someone’s watching over me
Oh, someone’s watching over me


*:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:*
.:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:. *:. .: * .:* *:. *:. .:* .:* *:.









[a/n]---bear with me here. I honestly hate hilary duff. She’s just so…(makes strangling motion with hands)

Someone out there review plez