Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long delay. Hopefully you guys are still with me.
In the early morning hours….

True to his word, Spike had spent the better part of the night and early morning worshipping Buffy in every way he knew how. He had teased her with his fingers and tongue until she begged him to make her cum, losing count once she started how many times he had actually taken her over the edge. They had tried many different positions, but as the night wore on, the urgency of their couplings was replaced by a languid tender touch, leaving them both awestruck by the depth of feeling.

As she lay sleeping in the dawn’s early light, sprawled across his chest, while Spike drew soothing circles on her shoulder, he could not remember a woman ever responding to him so strongly. He knew that he was a talented lover. He had been gifted naturally with a large cock, but knew that alone did not suffice. He always made it a point to see to a woman’s pleasure before his own and even with Drusilla’s infidelity, he had never had any complaints. With Buffy it was different though. They seemed to connect in a deeper way. Her pleasure only intensified his and he had never felt so sated in his life, mind, body, and soul.

The logical side of him argued that he had only known her a four days and that their time together was limited. Right now they were living in some fantasyland and in a few days, she would be back on tour, leaving him behind. This was not what relationships were made from; it was just a nice distraction for the both of them. ‘Yeah, you keep telling yourself that mate,’ the illogical side kept reminding.

The romantic side of Spike recognized that this type of strong connection between two people did not happen everyday and was ready to run with it. As he drifted off to the feel of her soft bursts of breath against his chest, Spike prayed that he was not opening his heart only to have it shattered into a million pieces.

************************************************************************
10:00AM EST….

Spike woke after a few hours with a rumbling stomach and needing to visit the facilities. Buffy was still half stretched out across his chest, snoring softly in deep slumber. ‘I must really have worn her out,’ he thought and with a self-satisfied smirk, he slipped from beneath her body, barely disturbing her.

After relieving himself and cleaning up a little, Spike went out to his kitchen to put on a pot of coffee and scrounge around for breakfast. Deciding that what was in his fridge would not do and knowing what a sweet tooth his girl had, Spike decided to run down to the corner bakery to grab some breakfast for them both. He grabbed his keys and peeked in to make sure Buffy was still sleeping before heading out the door.

************************************************************************
4:00PM London time….

Drusilla was fuming. How dare he flaunt something like this in her face. The digital pictures she was reviewing that Lindsey McDonald, the detective in New York she had hired, had emailed her told her exactly what she knew in her gut to be true about the relationship between her Spike and that slut Liz Giles.

They were practically having sex in public. It was disgusting. There were various pictures of Ms Giles carrying groceries into Spike’s apartment building two evenings before with more pictures of her leaving the next morning. The next set of pictures were of the previous evening and showed the happy couple, dancing and chatting away with two women she did not know, while still others showed them all over each other; in a club, on the street waiting for a cab, in the cab, and once again entering her Spike’s building This just would not do. Spike becoming involved with someone did not fit in with her plans for him and she could tell Spike was becoming involved. Ms Edith had a feeling and Ms Edith was never wrong.

‘Maybe I should make an unexpected trip to New York and break up their little love nest,’ she mused. ‘I can see it all now, “Oh my darling William, how can you do this to me? I thought we were working towards rebuilding our marriage.” The little twit won’t know what hit her.’

Just then she looked at the blindfolded doll next to her. Patting her head affectionately, “Oh yes, you are so right, I am being too rash. Your plan is so much better.” Drusilla clapped her hands gleefully and hit reply on her email, “My Dear Mr. McDonald….”

************************************************************************
Back in New York….

Spike let himself back in the apartment loaded down with bagels, cream cheese, croissants, pastries, donuts, and three newspapers. He wanted to spend a relaxed lazy, afternoon with Buffy eating, reading the newspaper, napping, and maybe other bed activities not involving sleep. He knew that he needed to get back to the article, there was only three days left and he really cared about doing a good job for his ex father-in-law and Buffy, but at the moment he wanted to pretend that they were just a normal couple, newly in lo – ust, yes lust.

Maybe this evening they could go out to dinner and discuss the article more. He needed to go over his notes again from his talk with Riley Finn. There was something nagging his brain that he knew he wanted to ask Buffy about. Pushing that thought away, he put his parcels down on the kitchen counter and went into the bedroom to wake Buffy up.

As he opened the bedroom door, he gasped; Buffy was lying on her stomach across his bed with her arm slung over his abandoned pillow. She was turned toward the window and the sunlight was streaming down on her face and hair, making them glow. She was completely nude with the sheet draped across her lower back, so that the upper curve of her butt along with the top of her thighs were revealed. She was breathtaking and just looking at her made poetic verse start to form in his brain.

As if sensing his presence and his gaze upon her, Buffy took a deep breath and rolled over, baring her breasts to him in sleep and causing him to release an involuntary moan. Spike walked to the end of the bed, stripped off his t-shirt, and kneeling at her feet started crawling his way up her body, leaving light kisses on her skin as he went. When he was level with her beautiful breasts, he could not resist bestowing a light lick and kiss to each rosy tip. As he gazed upon her lovely face, her eyes fluttered open and she smiled, “Mornin’.”

“Mornin’ luv,” he replied as his lips met hers in a tender kiss.