A/N Sorry for the short update, but I am leaving for Europe and have been running around like a crazy person.

Spike and Buffy separately had very restful night sleeps. Both woke feeling refreshed and ready to greet the new day. Dawn even commented on what a great mood Buffy was in. Buffy, of course said that she was looking forward to the recording session, not seeing Spike. Dawn was surprised that her sister had invited him to join the two of them and Giles for breakfast. She also thought it was a good sign that maybe Buffy would give Spike a chance.

Spike arrived at 9:00 AM and knocked on Buffy’s door. An older man he did not recognize answered the door. “You must be William Masters,” said the man as he stepped aside, “Buffy’s been expecting you. Do come in.”

Spike walked into the suite and turned back to look at the man.

“Oh, forgive me, where are my manners? I am Rupert Giles, Buffy’s stepfather,” Giles extended his hand.

Spike took the offered hand, “Nice to meet you mate.” ‘Interesting, English, very button down, not what I would expect as the step father of a rock star.’

Just then, a loud crash was heard from the bedroom, followed by a bellowed, “DAWN!”

“The girls are just finishing getting ready,” Giles shook his head towards the closed door. “Would you like some tea?”

Suddenly, the bedroom door flew open, “No, they’re mine, you don’t need them,” Buffy was shouting at Dawn as they made their way out into the living room.

“Yes I do, they’ll be perfect for school this fall,” Dawn was yelling back.

“Which means they will be perfect for me to wear in Europe,” Buffy barreled ahead. “End of negotiation, umph…” Buffy was so lost in her argument with Dawn that she ran right into Spike, nearly knocking them both to the ground.

Spike caught her arms and attempted to steady them both, “Hello luv.”

“Oh, sorry Spike,” Buffy blushed, “I didn’t know you were here yet.”

Spike was smiling down at her and still holding onto her arms when Giles cleared his throat. “Are you two ready for breakfast?” Giles asked.

“Yes, yes we are,” Buffy answered as she pulled away from Spike.

***********************************************************************
Breakfast was relaxed. Giles and Spike talked about growing up in England, the British music scene and adjusting to life in the States. Everyone was surprised to learn a little of Giles’ youth and his “Ripper” days while also getting a hint of Spike’s “William” days. Buffy and Dawn continued to bicker about clothes and everyone enjoyed a leasurely meal. Soon enough, it was time for Giles and Dawn to finish packing to head to the airport. Handshakes and hugs were shared all around as well as a couple of words of friendly advice for Spike…..

“I am not Buffy’s biological father, but she is my daughter. I expect that you will do right by her with this article,” Giles spoke with a hint of Ripper in his eyes.

Dawn gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, “Don’t mess this up William.”

Spike was started to get a little annoyed, “Why does everyone think I’m a hack journalist?”

“I wasn’t talking about the article,” and she was off.

************************************************************************
The limo ride to the studio was quiet. Buffy was already missing having Dawn and Giles around. The other members of the band had lives that they were tied up with; Xander had his wedding to Anya coming up, so she was dragging him all over the city to help pick out the registry, Oz’s wife Willow had timed her vacation from work to spend some time with him. She really wanted to get pregnant before the tour in Europe, so she would be through the first trimester before he came home. They were now holed up in a bed and breakfast having marathon sex and Andrew was, well God knows what Andrew was doing, but he was busy as well, which left her all alone…alone with Spike. She had dreamed about him again last night, only to wake up frustrated before anything good happened. If the dreams kept up she was going to have to buy a “personal massager.”

************************************************************************
Spike was busy trying to figure out the situation he seemed to be getting himself into. After he and Dru divorced, he decided that relationships were not for him that he was better off making sure he only dated women that he could have a superficial and sexual relationship with. It had been working out all right for the last two years, until Dru started becoming one of his superficial dates. It had happened a few months before when they had both found themselves at an event without dates. He had worked very hard to not let the old feelings back in, but lately she was pushing for more of a relationship, saying that she knew what a mistake she had made and that she wanted him back. He just wasn’t sure if he was that man anymore, if those feelings were still there. And now there was Buffy. Spike kept telling himself that this was an assignment, to keep it professional, but slowly she was worming her way in, even though he did not think she was trying to, maybe in spite of. She was beautiful, smart, and wrote amazing heart felt songs that spoke of love and loss. This alone sparked his inner poet. At worst, maybe he had made a friend, at best, who knows.

Both were brought out of their thoughts by the limo coming to a stop. Buffy thanked the driver and she and Spike exited the car and entered the recording studio. Xander was there waiting for them, looking apprehensive.

“Hey Xan,” Buffy said walking up to him.

“Hey Buffy, Spike,” Xander was looking more nervous by the moment.

Buffy noticed, “Listen, I know you’re nervous, but you have no reason to be, you sounded great last night, isn’t that right Spike?”

“Yeah, fine mate,” Spike tried to reassure him.

“See,” Buffy agreed giving him a half hug.

Just then a tall, thin brunette entered the sound booth. Buffy’s face fell, “What is he doing here?”

“That is what I was trying to tell you, Parker Abrams is the producer for the soundtrack,” Xander was almost panicked.

Buffy’s mood darkened, “Great, just fucking great.”


**Sorry about the cliff hanger. When I get back in 2 weeks, I will post part 2 and a new chapter. Thanks for your continued support, i.e. please review