Hi, sorry for late, thank you so much, Beth and Weaver!

PART 10

“ .. if you lost the Wedding rings I’m gonna give you to keep them ‘til Sunday afternoon.. yes, you’d better be scared!” the boy smiled.
“Anyway, I want you to know it’s just Anya ’s idea.. and the choices were between her weird demons friends or my family.. and trust me… that’s even worse!” he clarified, as Spike stared at him between astonished and puzzled.
“Hey, are you asking me..”

**************************************
“.. to be a witness at your wedding?” Buffy exclaimed enthused as ever, her eyes sparkling with joy.
“Yeah, just as Spike will be Xan’s best man. Anyway, do you accept?” Anya asked.
She already knew the answer, even before Buffy uttered the words, the light that shined in Buffy’s ever-changing green eyes was enough answer.

**************************************
“You know, I’ve lived for sodding ever, done everything.. but I’ve never been someone’s best man, so.. why not? I’ll do it, buddy!”
“Hey, from ‘whelp’ to ‘buddy’ .. I’m making progress!” Xander joked.

Now that he was getting to know Spike better he was starting to accept him.. but from that to become even friends.. one step at time.
“Don’t flatter yourself, anyway, I have just a question: you said the marriage will take place Sunday afternoon, so..”

**************************************
“What about our little problem with the sun?” Buffy asked.
“I thought about that: I’ve also invited a cousin of mine, and he’s a Weather Demon, so, I’ll ask him to make us have a very cloudy day.. maybe some rain, too. You know, wet Bride, lucky Bride!” Anya chuckled.

**************************************
To have more privacy, far away from the noise and the chatting of the others, Dawn had taken Justin upstairs.
“So, this is my room!” she smiled, getting in with him.
She sat on the bed and tried to make him sit, too, but he refused.
“Why is your sister a vampire, and not only she’s not evil, but she’s still the Slayer, too?”
Dawn was startled as she heard the unexpected question, but the boy wasn’t done talking.
“And even worse, why is William the Bloody here, acting as a friend of yours?”
“How do you..”
But he didn’t let her talk.
“I knew of Spike because of his fame, a terrible fame, but even I didn’t know how he looked like .. so, when you said his name, I realized everything. You’d better have nothing to do with him, he’s cruel, wicked, vicious..”
This time Dawn cut him.
“I’m sick of always hearing the same old story, he has changed, believe me; some soldiers put a chip into his brain almost three years ago to prevent him from hurting humans; but you know what? It’s his love for my sister what made him really change, and I know he’s very affectionate to me too, so stop running him down!” she defended him.
“And before you ask, yes, he’s the one who turned my sister, but he didn’t mean to do it, it just happened... I mean, Spike has always wanted it, but he would have never forced her..” she clarified, looking at him with diffidence.
“You can’t know all those things due to some research.. C’mon, confess once for all, who are you really?” Dawn put him at the spot.
“If I tell you, do you promise me you won’t scream?” he said, sitting close to her.
“Ok, now.. tell me!” she said, a little bit scared.
Justin shifted slowly into his game face, but before she could say anything, he closed her mouth with a hand.
“Remember.. you promised!” he reminded her, coming back to his human features.

When he saw that she had calmed down, he let her talk.
“But.. it can’t be! I saw you in the morning..”
“I also can do some magic.. so, the sun is not longer a problem for me..” he explained smiling, but then he became serious.
“Dawn, this doesn’t change anything..” he assured her taking her hand, but she set herself free, getting up.
“This changes everything, you’re a vampire, you’re evil..”
“But I can change, for you, just a few minutes ago you said you trust William the Bloody nonetheless, because he’s changed even if he’s soulless, just like me, so.. give me a chance..”
“I don’t know if..” she answered unsurely.

“Dawn, you need me..” he said, looking deep into her eyes, and she lost herself in his green irises.
“I’m the only one who loves you, I’m the only one who cares about you, the others just pretend.. Spike and your sister are sick of always having you around, and their friends stands you because they’re forced to do that, no one among them loves you, no one needs you..” he said to her, repetitively.
“No one needs me, no one loves me..” she repeated, almost bewitched.
“But I do, I care about you.. you could stay with me..”
He was about to add ‘you could be like me..’, but he stopped, moving away from her when he heard someone coming up the stairs.
In fact, after few seconds the door opened.
“Here you are, I was getting worried!” Buffy exclaimed, inviting them to go downstairs with the others.
Dawn followed her without understanding what had happened.
Instead, Justin cursed the Slayer.
Without having any chance to isolate Dawn anymore, Justin decided to make the best of a bad job, sure that the night after he would have enough time.
The party ran out, and after a while everyone left.

TBC

I hope you’ll like it! ;)
Coming soon.. a sweeeeet spuffy moment! ;)