Thank you everyone!

PART 11

Spike and Buffy were in their room, talking about the party.
“It seems that everyone enjoyed the party. Plus, I’ve received so many beautiful gifts!” she exulted, getting under the sheets.
“You still miss mine!” Spike informed her, opening the drawer of the bedside table, drawing out a velvet blue box.
Buffy was speechless.
She had summoned him to buy a gift for her playfully, but she never thought he would take her literally.

“Spike.. I .. you..” she murmured, opening it.
She smiled, it was a silver necklace with a sun-shaped pendant.
“I know how much you miss it, luv. Sorry, but this is the only sun I can give to you..” he said, looking at her a little bit sadly.
“.. or not?” he added, with one of those smirks she knew very well.
She questioned him with her eyes.

“Honey, search better in the little box..” he advised her, and Buffy did so, taking away the cotton from the box.
She looked at him stunned when she saw what there was below it.
“Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike! It’s the Gem of Amarra! Tell me you didn’t steal it!” she asked as enthused as worried.
“To begin with, who the bloody hell has ever established that ring it’s Angel’s? You can keep it as well!” he explained, but that didn’t seem to persuade the blonde.
“Ok. Wanna know where I found it? Cordelia kept it for him, covered by tons of papers on his desk. And that shows how bloody much he cares about that ring. Probably, he hasn’t even noticed its absence. When you gave it to him, Mr. Let-me-be-the-Champion must have said: ‘I don’t have time for frivolousness such as sunlight; in daylight I can’t hear innocent yelling for help as in the darkness, and if I can’t help them I can’t prove the whole world how good, strong, brave and brilliant I am.’!” Spike mocked, making Buffy laugh.
“Ok, Spikey, you’ve been very persuasive, thank you so much! I’ll keep it, but I’ll wear it just in special occasions..” she said, putting the ring in her drawer.

“Sweetie, can I borrow it from you, sometimes?” he asked, making puppy eyes to her.
“You know, if there’s a thing I really can’t stand is people giving you something they actually wanna use, too..” she commented sarcastically, before covering him with kisses.
“Can I take it as a ‘yes, you can’?” he asked as he nibbled her neck with his blunt teeth.
“We’ll see.. maybe once in a while..” she answered vaguely, and then she sealed his lips with hers.

“So, pet, do you wanna start with the biting or the sex?” he asked seductively when they parted.
Her only answer, she slipped into her game face, growling and straddling him, lowering the zipper of his jeans.
“What about both at the same time?” she suggested, taking off the last of her clothes.
He smiled, letting his own demon surface.
“As the guest of honor wishes!” he chuckled, before ‘attacking’ her.
-------------------------------------------------------

Due to the fact that she had taken the previous day off to celebrate, Buffy had to work the night after.
She was engrossed cleaning the bar, when one of her colleagues called her.
“Buffy, take a break and go outside, because.. you know.. there’s a very gorgeous guy waiting for you..” the girl informed her, a little bit envious that she wasn’t the lucky receiver of that visit.
“Thank you, Jen, be right back!” Buffy replied, leaving the wet cloth on the bar and dashing outside.

“Spikey, why didn’t you wait for me at the back exit, as always?” she exclaimed, without even looking at the figure outlining, sure that she already knew who was the very gorgeous guy waiting for her.
“.. anyway, honey, sorry, but I have no time to play at ‘What kind of demon are yo..’ “ she went on, but the last word died in her throat when she realized who was in front of her, the last person she expected to see.
“Riley!” she exclaimed, trying to figure out what her ex was doing there at that moment.
“How did you find me?” she asked, wondering thoughtfully if and how much he had heard about what she had said.
“I.. I went to University, and one of your former schoolmates told me that now you work here..” he explained, looking at her puzzled.

Buffy knew it wasn’t just due to her uniform.
“Yeah, you know.. lots of stuff happened..” she tried to distract him, but he interrupted her.
“Buffy, what the hell were you blathering before? It sounded almost .. as you.. and Spike..”
“Nooo, you misunderstood everything, it’s just a game between us, nothing serious.. and I called him ‘honey’ just for fun, pure sarcasm..” she justified, trying to sound as persuasive as possible.
And Riley seemed to buy it.

“Anyway, why are you here? Hunting some demons?” she changed topic.
“Yes, there’s one around with dangerous eggs, but we have almost destroyed all of them. The real reason why I’m here is another one, Buffy, lots of stuff happened to me, too, and now I’ve got a wife..”
“Rileeey, you got married! It’s wonderful, I’m so happy for you!” she exulted, and he was deeply disappointed, that wasn’t the reaction he expected from her.
“Here, let me hug you!” Buffy went on, pulling himself to her to hug him, but she immediately parted in blinding pain, with a little scar on the right side of her neck.
Her growl, but mostly her amber eyes and her longer and sharper teeth made the boy back off.. amazed and shocked as ever.
Although she had already come back to her human features, for Riley what he had seen was enough.

TBC

So.. did you expect that? ;)