Sorry for late!

PART 12

”You’re a vampire! Stay away from me!” he summoned her, taking off the crucifix he wore, the cause of Buffy’s reaction, and putting it in front of her.
“Calm down, white flag, yes, I’m a vampire now, but I’ve kept my soul, it’s such a long story.. Anyway, since when do you wear a crucifix?” she asked, backing off and massaging her neck.
“Just tell me that Spike has nothing to do with this story..”
“Well, actually…” she slurred, keeping her massage.
“I knew it, I knew it! I shouldn’t have left. And I should have used a real stake, not one made of plastic,..” he grumbled, as Buffy didn’t figure out what he was talking about.

“Just look, how low you’ve sank, what you’ve become!” he went on.
“You know nothing about this, you know nothing at all! Wanna hear the fresh news? I died several months ago, saving the world..”
The boy looked at her stunned.
“Yeah, you heard it right. Then, Willow brought me back, but I was in Heaven! No one understood why I was so unhappy and they carried on suffocating me with attentions..” she went on, as Riley hadn’t still to recover from that news.
“Spike was the only one I wanted around, ‘cause he was the one who really understood me, that’s why I confessed the truth just to him. And then, a bunch of idiots cast a spell, making me believe and seeing unreal stuff. All the others were sure I was crazy, so I turned to Spike for a bit of comfort, and we ended up totally drunk, and.. both believing we were dreaming.. he turned me..” she confessed to the soldier who was more and more astonished.

“Why didn’t you tell me after you came back from death? You should have turned to me, I..”
“You what? I didn’t even know where you were.. and you never cared anyway.. you were just obsessed about being the first thought in my mind, and I might add that this was something you have never been to me..” she snapped, and then she calmed down.
“Anyway, don’t think I woke up happy about it, it took me a while, but finally I’ve accepted it, I’m happy, and.. sorry.. but I love Spike, for real, and not just because he’s my Sire..” she announced, approaching.
“Don’t touch me! You are at his same level now.. so, you just disgust me! You really let me down, I should have known before.. I curse the day I met you! I leave you to your stupid existence with your loser pathetic joke of a vampire..” he hissed.
“You’d better run away as fast as you can..” she warned him, growling.
He could insult her as much as he pleased, but she wouldn’t allow anyone to insult Spike.
Riley followed her advice, reading the threat in her look.
“And I thought Angel had reacted badly..” she told to herself out loud, rolling her eyes and coming back into the Double Meat Palace.

Buffy took a work permit and left a little before closing time, heading towards the graveyard, where she found Spike, as he was dusting the last vampire for that night.
“Honey, lucky for me, I’ve found you!” she exclaimed, running into him.
“Pet, what happened?” he asked, hugging her, and he immediately noticed the little burn on her neck.
“Who?” he roared, furious due to the fact that someone had dared touch his beloved Childe.
“Riley. That’s what I was about to tell you. Anyway, love, don’t jump to conclusions..”
“Captain America is here?” he interrupted her, without caring anymore about her words.
“Yeah, and I’m as shocked as you are. He’s here due to a demon hunting, but mostly ‘cause he wanted me to meet his * wife *!”
“Uh? Soldier Boy got married?!” Spike exclaimed incredulously.
“Yeah, it seems so, anyway, I hugged him to congratulate him, he wore a crucifix.. that’s how it happened!” she explained, as he licked her burn to make it heal it faster.

“The big trouble is that he found out I’m a vampire. He was already suspicious about me flirting with you, but when he found out you’re my Sire he was mad!” she went on, more and more concerned.
“He should have known before, there’s no chance to win against me and my charm!” the blond defused, smirking.
“Love, it’s not the right moment to joke, you should have seen him, and then suddenly he began talking about regrets and stakes made of plastic.. I don’t know what he meant ..”
“I do. It’s something between him and me after I brought you to that dreary vampire club to show him..” he explained.
“You mean that.. he..” she wondered shocked.
“Let’s just say that he found out a long time before you that I fancied you, so he showed me his disappointment.. and if he had used wood I wouldn’t be here telling you, now!” he went on, taking her hand in his.
“That bloody bastard! If I find him again, I..” she growled furiously.
“Shh, shh, my pet. That was the past..” he calmed her down, cuddling her as he was secretly happy for her reaction.
“I’m sure he’s far away right now..”
“Yeah, my love. Let’s just wish to never see him again!” she commented, but she had a bad feeling.

******************************************
Riley came back to his base, still shocked by the discovery.
A not too tall girl with a quite muscular body and dark hair came close to him.
“So, how did it go, boss?” she exclaimed.
“Shut up, Sam, you can’t imagine..”
“What? I would like to see her face when you told her you were married, did she buy it?” the girl asked.
“Wanna know her reaction? She couldn’t care less, I mean, she was * happy * for me! All this ploy was for nothing! I was sure she would do anything to get me back, instead.. she * congratulated me*!” he snapped hysterically, kicking a table nearby.
“You know, I wanted to surprise her, but the opposite happened, can’t you guess the news?”
Sam shook her head, not getting his point.
“She is a vampire, a disgusting vampire now, and her Sire is Hostile 17 nonetheless you know, I talked to you about.. I knew he had a thing for her, but I never imagined that..” he went on, more and more nervous.
“.. and she.. THAT BITCH, THAT HYPOCRITICAL BITCH; she blamed me when I went to those vampires and now… just look at what she has become!” he yelled, turning over the table.

“I know you’re angry now, but you’ll forget it and go on, it’s just a matter of time, let’s just think about the mission, now..” the girl incited him.
“No, Sam, it’s not done yet, she will pay for that..”


< .. and most of all, * he* will!> he thought with a wicked sneer.

TBC

Author’s Note: C’mon, you’re free to insult the most useless bloody damn soldier in the world as much as you please, I’d better not .. otherwise I will never finish! ;)
Anyway, forget him for now, he’ll come back to play later.. now our two heroes have other troubles to deal with..
Hope you’ll like it so far..