PART 13

***********************************************

“Luv, I was thinking.. the patrol is over, you finished working earlier.. wanna go to the Bronze for a bit of fun, after all.. it’s just midnight…” Spike suggested, mostly to take Buffy’s mind off, because she was still shocked by the previous meeting.
“Why not? Just like the good old times!” she approved that.
“I don’t think I have so many good times in that place..” Spike protested.
“Hmm.. maybe the first day I came in town, do you remember? When I swore I would have killed you..” he added with a sneer.
“And that’s a good memory ?” she snapped, insulted.
“I was just kidding, love!” he smiled, kissing her.
“I have another good memory, when you tried to flirt with the robot and she gave you what you deserved!” she struck back, chuckling.
“Now, I hope * you* are kidding, love!” he pretended to scold her and she smiled.

“And then, there was that pathetic night I spent shooting pool with the Whelp and talking about girls..”
“What? That’s new!”
“Uh! Never mind!” he took it back quickly.
“There’s a night I’ll never forget, when I asked you about the Slayers you killed..”
“I remember . all the talking..”
“I remember all the dance, our dance!” she whispered, playing with his hair.
“I remember the kiss..” he went on.
“Uh! What kiss? There wasn’t any kiss!” she pointed out.
“The kiss I was about to give you.. if you hadn’t pulled away..” he explained, caressing her hair.
“ If you had stayed, I would’ve drag you to me..” he said, dragging her to him fiercely.
“.. and kissed you like this..” he went on, starting to kiss her tenderly, but with increasing passion and he explored her mouth as it was the first time he did it.

“Mm.. I was so dumb that night..” she murmured against his lips, and then she pulled off, and watched him seriously.
“.. for everything I did..” she added, and he could clearly read into her eyes her regret for treating him so badly that night.

Memory after memory they arrived at the Bronze.
They got in and headed towards the dance floor. They danced for a while and hugged each other during a slow song.
Suddenly something, or rather someone, caught Buffy’s attention.
“Hey, honey, isn’t that guy.. Justin?” she exclaimed, pointing at the boy who was leaving with a girl with short black hair, linking arms with her.
“You’re right, let’s go!” he answered, and the two blondes followed him, determined to scold him, mostly because they had already figured out she wasn’t his sister, neither a cousin or a friend.

“ Dawn cares about you so much and you fool her that way?” Spike exclaimed, meeting him at the back exit.
“It’s none of your business!” the boy snapped, but the brunette pulled herself off him, looking at him disappointedly.
“I knew it! You’re already engaged, but you told me you were single and looking! Sorry, dude, but I’m not that kind of girl, bye!” she exclaimed angrily as he watched impotently as his potential dinner left.
He turned to Spike with hatred in his eyes.
“What? Are you upset because your precious little bimbo went away? This is a minor problem, buddy, because no one makes Dawn a fool!” Spike warned him, threat in his voice.
“I do as I please!” the boy struck back, holding Spike’s gaze fearlessly.
“I’ve never liked you, since the first moment I saw you. You know, I don’t really understand what Dawn sees in you..” the peroxide blond went on, coming closer.
“ You know what? You’re just jealous!” Justin replied, taking one step closer.
“What?”
“Yeah, you don’t like me around Dawn because maybe that hottie of her big sister is not enough for you.. “ Justin went on, gazing and grinning at Buffy who watched the whole scene from afar.
That annoyed her, but mostly made Spike very angry, and he made a huge effort not to growl.
“.. so, you want both of them. After all, Dawn seems to be a very good fuck, too..”

Spike was blinded with rage, and he shook the boy by the shoulders.
“You’ve just said your last words, you bloody bastard dickhead!” he hissed, punching him so hard that he sent him against the wire net, several meters from there.
Under Spike’s astonished look, Justin got up as nothing happened, massaging his jaw.
“It’s not over, yet. And anyway, she is gonna be mine, you can’t do anything to avoid it!” he threatened them, leaving.

Spike hadn’t realized what he had just done yet, but Buffy had.
“Spike, you punched him!”
“Of course, I did! No one must dare insult you and the Nibblet!”
“That’s not the point! Spike, two words. Punch. Chip.” she made him think rationally, and she succeeded.
“It’s true! That could mean two things, either my chip doesn’t work anymore.. or Justin is not who he wants us to believe he is..” Spike figured it out.
Spike figured it out.
“Why am I afraid that it’s the second case?” the blonde rolled her eyes.

TBC

Hope you’ll like it