Sorry for late!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!

PART 14

“He’s stronger than any ordinary human, he got up easily after I punched him... and now that I think about it, it’s too much of a coincidence that Schlecht broke free from that dimension and Justin mysteriously arrived to Sunnydale,” Spike pointed out to Buffy.
“Dawn said he was Swedish, and Sch- something is from North Europe... and he can take whatever look he pleases..” she continued.
“So, that bloody Justin is Schlecht! And if he is... the queen he wants must be…”
“DAWN!” Buffy yelled anxiously.
They both rushed towards their home as fast as they possibly could..

They felt relieved when they found her in her room
“Dawnie, you are here. Thank God, I was so worried!” Buffy exclaimed, hugging Dawn but she pulled away kinda rudely.
“Of course I’m here, where else could I be? What’s wrong with you?” she asked as the two vampires looked at her with concern marring their expressions.
“Dawn, we have to talk with you. Justin isn’t a normal guy..” Spike started.
“Yeah, he’s a vampire, I already know that. He told me at the birthday party..” Dawn anticipated him.
“You knew?!” he repeated with the same perplexed face Buffy had.
“Why didn’t you tell us?” Buffy asked.
“Just because!” she snapped.
“Dawn, he’s not just a vampire, he’s a powerful, evil and dangerous wizard..”
“What? You’re wrong, he just does some magic tricks, nothing serious..” Dawn defended him.
“Dawnie, you don’t understand..” Buffy tried to explain.
“ No, * you * don’t understand! That’s why I didn’t tell you; just because you’ve found out he is a vamp now you’re angry with him just because you found out he is a vamp, because you are sure that he’s evil, cruel... but he can change, he told me he would, for me, and I believe him.. So, why can’t you believe him, too?” the teenager protested.
“Nibblet, he’s lying, he just wants to..”

“Shut up, Spike! What the hell do you think? That you are the only one who can turn his back to being evil? Don’t flatter yourself! You stopped killing just because of the chip in your brain. Otherwise, you would have probably ripped out my throat at the first chance you had!” she accused him.
“But... Dawn... you trust me, you said we are a family...” he said, realizing that she wasn’t his Nibblet in that moment.
“You know what? I was wrong about all that, but Justin finally opened my eyes..”

“That’s too enough, Dawn! Apologize to Spike.. immediately!” Buffy scolded her, but her sister cut her off.
“Don’t even dare open your mouth! You are the last person who can talk. You make me sick, you violently disliked him and then, suddenly, you became like him and due to the fact that you didn’t have any other choices... you decided to give him a chance. Admit it, you would have never loved him when you were human!” Dawn stated, acid as never.
“You see? Neither of you should be talking to me about this, so just… LEAVE ME ALONE!” she yelled, pushing Buffy and Spike out of her room, after which she shut the door and locked it from the inside.


“Trust me, she *does * need to be alone, now..” Spike said, taking Buffy downstairs.
“Spike, I’m sorry..”
“Don’t, pet, there’s no need..”
“I think there is. Dawn’s right, after all, I was very bitchy to you, trampling on your feelings without mercy...” Buffy confessed as tears rolled along her cheeks.
“But don’t take her words too seriously, because I’m sure I would have loved you even as a human, believe me!” she went on, dreading that now he would leave her.
He confined himself to caress her hair, smiling at her.
“Honey, I’ve already told you, stop worrying about this. I’m not upset and of course, I believe you. I’m not upset by Dawn’s words..” he reassured her.
“And that’s because of two reasons. First, it’s not that I woke up one fine day cheering happily ‘Alright, I love the Slayer!’, I tried to fight my feelings, which I considered wrong, for ages.. just before realizing that the only wrong thing was fighting them! So, I didn’t expect you to run immediately into my arms, smiling and confessing your undying love for me.. Although.. hey, Slayer, it took you * kinda long * to figure out how bloody lovable I am!” he said, with a smirk of self-confidence in the last part.
Buffy didn’t struck back, she knew Spike was right about everything, and she showed that to him with an intense kiss.
“Mm... And second, didn’t you see that she wasn’t completely herself? Don’t forget that Schlecht can play with her mind and make her think and say whatever he bloody pleases, and we gotta stop him before it’s too late... At least, she is safe as long as she stays here with us...”

Suddenly a glimpse of light and an odd noise coming from Dawn’s room caught their attention, and in that moment, they heard her scream.
They mowed down the door and saw an open portal, and Schlecht/ Justin came out of it, and he came closer to Dawn, who was scared by the sudden appearance.
Dawn was in the middle of her room, near the bed, with Spike and Buffy on one side and Justin on the other.
“Who the hell are you?” she wondered, backing off as she turned towards Buffy and Spike.
“So, you two were right, he’s...”
“Yes, Dawn, I’m also a wizard, but that doesn’t change how I feel about you.. I can change for you, believe me!” Justin said as she took a step closer to him.
“He’s just fooling you, he doesn’t want to change! Stay away from him, come here..” Buffy advised her, stretching out her arms to welcome her.
“No, Dawn They are just trying to tear us apart because they don’t want you to be happy with me..” Justin replied, taking Dawn by the hand.
“Yeah, they don’t want my happiness..”
“Nibblet, don’t listen to him. We only want what’s best for you, we love you...” Spike exclaimed, trying to reach Dawn to snap her from the wizard’s clutches, but a magic barrier threw him back to the floor.
“What did you do to him?” the teenager asked Justin, out of concern for her friend as she began moving away from Justin.
“No, Dawn. Don’t worry, he’s ok. He was trying to keep you away from me; but you don’t want to leave, you need me, remember? I’m the only one who loves you, I’m the only one who cares about you...” he repeated, looking deeply into her eyes.
“No, Dawnie, don’t!” Buffy warned her, and without thinking she hurled herself against him .. following her Sire’s fate.

They were already up, trying to distract Dawn, but she wasn’t even looking at them anymore.
“You’re right, they don’t care, no one cares. Take me away with you!” she said, hugging him.
“NO, DAWN!” Buffy yelled, but it was too late. They saw Justin and Dawn jump into the portal and disappear.
Buffy collapsed on the floor, still, with an emotionless look on her face.
Spike remembered that look; it was the same she had when Glory had abducted Dawn. But he couldn’t allow the same consequences of that episode to take place again, so he shook Buffy hard, grasping her shoulders.
“Buffy, Buffy! C’mon, react! It’s not over yet; we can still save her! C’mon, love, I can’t see you like this, you’re the Slayer, my Slayer, you gotta fight!” he exclaimed, still shaking her, and finally she seemed to recover, although she was still pretty shocked.
“But, Spike. We don’t even know how or where to find them!” she made him notice, desperately.
“I know who can help us, now, let’s go!”

TBC


Hope you’ll like it