Here me go again!
These parts will be longer because I quoted some parts from ‘Hell’s Bells’ episode, but I’ve revamped it.. A LOT, of course! ;)
I hope you’ll like it !
Don’t worry, I know it seems that it’s been ages since Riley met Buffy ( although I seriously doubt you’re dying to see him again! ;) ), but I can assure you it’s been no more than two days, and next time I’ll make a calendar to show you that! ;)


PART 17

Finally the fateful Sunday arrived.
Everyone was getting ready for the wedding.
Willow was in Buffy’s bedroom, and she was looking at herself on the mirror.
“Buffy, it’s hideous. Oh my god, Buffy. Look at its arms!”
Buffy confined herself to nod, and for once she was happy that she couldn’t see her reflection anymore, because she was certain she wouldn’t have liked what she’d seen.
“I don’t understand why the hell I have to wear this dress! I’m a witness at the wedding, I’m supposed to look different from the bridesmaids!” she grumbled, looking down at the extremely ugly, impossibly green dress that as Willow, Tara, Dawn and Halfreck she wore. It seemed to glow from any direction it was seen from.

Suddenly, they saw some flashes outside the window and then a thunder rumbled.
“Hey, it seems that Anya’s cousin kept his word!” Buffy commented, and then she went back to feeling sorry for herself as her other friends wearing the same awful dresses did.
“In fact, now that I notice. Yours looks a bit different, at least it has shorter sleeves and that means less of this hellish fabric to show!” Willow protested, because hers and the other bridesmaids’ sleeves ended right on their elbows, although she solaced in the fact that both models had that disgusting bulge on the shoulders.
“And I complained about the Double Meat’s uniform!” the blonde whined once again.
“You know what the oddest thing is? It seems that Dawn likes this horror! Well, maybe if I ask Anya nicely I can still go with the traditional... blood larva and burlap...” Willow commented as Buffy put on the pendant Spike had given to her, taking advantage of the fact that her hair was up in a bun, showing it off.
Since the outfit left very much to be desired, she tried to make it look a bit better with accessories.

“I mean, she was a Vengeance Demon for like a thousand years, she would know all the most flattering rituals...” the redhead went on, making a face.
“What was she thinking?”
“Well, I think she’s probably too stressed to be thinking right now. With Xander’s relatives and all the demons.”
“Oh my God, that reminds me of the rehearsal dinner last night. That was like a zoo, without the table manners. And I bet it only got worse after we left!” Willow added.
“I just can’t believe everyone bought that story about Anya’s people being circus folks. Did you see the guy with tentacles? What is he supposed to be?” Buffy interjected.
“And Xander’s family, did you see how much they drank?” Willow added.
“Bloody hell! Of course I noticed, Mr Harris threw up in my purse!” the blonde snapped with a disgusted face as her friend gagged.
“Anyway, Buffy, you know, I think you’re spending way too much time with Spike!” she noticed, hearing her last expression.
“You’re bloody right, Will. By the way, I wonder how he’s handling with the Harris World mixed up with Anya ‘s people... something tells me it’s not much better than our current situation...”
Buffy commented as outside another thunder rumbled.

*************************************

“Did you saw my cuff-links, uncle Rory?” Xander wondered as he entered his kitchen, wearing the shirt for the ceremony, just partially buttoned, and the black trousers of his tux.
Spike stood in a corner, he was bored observing the whole scene, wondering when that guy in boxers and bathrobe that claimed to be Xander‘s uncle would stop torturing that poor coffee-machine.
“Little metal beads, used to hold my sleeves together?” Xander went on, raising his hands to show what problem afflicted him.
“Ah, you don’t want those. What you really is Velcro. Did I ever tell you how that was my idea?”
Suddenly, a demon crossed over Xander, patting his shoulder in sympathy.
He was quite normal, except for his warty face.
“Hey!” he greeted him.
“Hi.”

Spike went into the other room.
Xander went back into the kitchen, finding his uncle Rory still dealing with the coffee-machine.
“Rory? Watcha doing here?”
“Well, I’m trying to make myself an Irish coffee, but this stupid thing is on the fritz!” the man commented, bending over and touching it everywhere.
“Uh! Watch it, it’s still plugged in!”
He realized the warning had came late when he saw his uncle shaking. Sighing deeply, Xander unplugged the machine making the man’s convulsions stop.
Xander rolled his eyes exasperated, trying to go to back into his room, but the door opened and his parents came in.
“Whoo!” his mother exclaimed, visibly happy, waving her hand at everyone.
“Xander, you’re not ready yet?” his father snapped, looking at his watch and making his son roll his eyes again.
“Look at my hair...” the woman commented, looking at herself into her pocket mirror.
“Of course, I suppose it doesn’t really matter. I won’t actually be in any of the pictures!”
“You’ll be in the pictures, mom!” Xander assured her, without managing to rein his temper a second more.

Taking advantage of a moment of collective distraction, he slipped quickly into his room, sure that he could stay alone for a while there.
“Who the bloody hell invented the tradition of the best man staying with the groom in his house? Why couldn’t I simply wait for you at the Ceremony?” Spike snapped, because he had found shelter in the same room.
“Anya has got the tradition thing, it’s not my fault! Anyway, are you trying to hide from them, too?” Xander said, locking the door to have a moment of peace.
“Hey, Whelp, if you want to be alone, I’ll go out..” he commented, approaching the door, but without wanting to open it.
“Maybe if I run bloody fast I’ll manage to leave this bloody flat without having to talk to anyone...” he grumbled, turning the key once.
“Stay, if you want, I don’t mind. Actually, you know, of all those people, you’re the person I can tolerate the most! And now you’ve heard everything!” the boy admitted, sitting on the bed and massaging his temples.
“Oh, I’m flattered, buddy!” the bleached blond said sarcastically, because he didn’t want to show Xander how much his words had meant to him, it was not exactly what he had said, but that, maybe inadvertently, he had called him ‘person.’


“Anyway, here!” he added, throwing the desired cuff-links over the bed.
“God bless you!” the brunette exclaimed, putting them on.
“Hey! Vampire, here. Maybe you’re sick, it’s bloody possible, at least according to all this annoying people surrounding you… although they’re kind of fun..”
“Fun?! If only you hadn’t that chip, I would have already offered them all to you as a meal! You know, one of them was about to burn out.. but unfortunately I’ve saved him!” Xander snapped, making Spike smile.
“Anyway, where?” the brunette changed topic, indicating the cuff-links.
“Cuff-links have to be used with shirts, shirts have to be kept in the shirts’ drawer... and guess what? They were in the shirts drawer! It wasn’t that hard, it’s called ‘free association’, you should use it sometimes, Whelp!” he had fun teasing him.
“I guess you are so bloody excited today that maybe you don’t even remember your name. If that girl has such a huge effect on you, well, she must be very special to you...” he added with a knowing smile.
“You bet! So now nothing can stop this wedding!” the brunette stated resolutely, leaving the room, ready to face all that would happen that day.

*************************************
Anya appeared on the doorway, wearing just a well-tied bathrobe.
Seeing the two girls she gasped and put her hands over her mouth.
“ “Oh!” she exclaimed.
Willow and Buffy exchanged a look, wondering if Anya was pleased or terrified.
“Ooooh!” the imminent bride sighed.
“You guys look so beautiful!” she said, walking over and hugging both of them.
“This is the happiest day of my whole life!” she exulted joyful as ever, as the other two smiled, happy for their friend.

TBC

Pleeease, tell me you like it, tell me you hate it .. but tell me something!!