I hope you'll still like it..

PART 18 (This chapter is based on ‘Hell’s Bells’)


Xander and all the other guests had arrived and Buffy ran towards her friend as soon as she saw him.
“Look at you! You look great, Mr. I’m-about-to-get-married!” she beamed at him.
“And you’re already wearing the cummerbund, the bow-tie... Seems Spike took great care of you; he’s not so bad as best man, is he?” she went on, still smiling.
“Yeah, he’s kinda good. And just so you know, without his vampire strength this cummerbund would’ve never fit!” he smiled at her.
Suddenly, Buffy stopped smiling and a tear rolled down her cheek.
Xander looked at her concerned.
“You’re all teary. It’s because of the not-so-pretty-dresses Anya picked up for you girls, isn’t it? C’mon, it’s not that bad and anyway, tonight you can take it off and forget about it forever!” he commented.
Buffy snorted. She had forgotten the horror she was wearing and he had just reminded it to her.
“No...” she answered, wiping her eyes.
“These are good tears. It means I’m happy for you and Anya!” she smiled.
“Yeah, I’m happy, too!” Xander smiled.

*****************************************
Tara tried to button up Anya ’s dress as Willow held both extremes of the dress together to help her, flirty looks and smiles going back and forth between them.
“Are you guys even listening?” Anya exclaimed, arranging better her eye-mask on her face. Probably.. another of her traditions.
“I need feedback, people!” she tried to get the other girls’ attention again.
“Sorry, please, continue with the vows...” Tara said, smiling at Willow.
Anya cleared her throat.
“I, Anya, promise to love you... to cherish you... to honour you, uh, but not to obey you, of course, because that’s anachronistic and misogynistic and who do you think you are, like a sea captain or something?”
Tara and Willow smiled amusedly, letting a snicker escape from their mouths and exchanging an understanding gaze behind Anya’ s back.
Anya cleared her throat again.
“Ok, blah, blah, blah, misogynistic, blah, blah, blah, I do however entrust you... uh... with my heart. Take care of my heart, won’t you, please? Take care of it because it’s all I have. And if you let me, I’ll take care of your heart, too.”
This time Willow and Tara were actually touched by her words.
“I’ll protect it and tend to it like a stray. Wait, no, like a little mangy stray. Wait, no, like a little mangy stray that needs home. No, that’s not it, either!”
Willow and Tara shared amused looks again.
Tara cleared her throat.
“Uhmm... I think we are all set here. Let’s take a look of you...” Anya turned around and Willow and Tara stepped back, standing side by side.
They both stared at Anya with open mouths.
“Oh!” the blonde witch exclaimed.
“Wow, you look lovely. Really... lovely!” the redhead witch said.
“Thanks. It’s probably the blush of imprudent spending. Do you think Xander will like it?” Anya asked, standing on a low platform in front of the mirror.
And then she turned back to the two girls.
“Oh, I want to see Xander now!” she added.
“You can’t. It’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her dress, remember?” Willow told her.
“Right. I can’t keep all these ridiculous traditions straight. What if I’m not wearing my dress when I see him?” Anya struck back.
Willow looked at her appalled.
“Ok. No sex. Cuddling?”
Willow and Tara chuckled.
“Okay. It’s just that I’m so excited and I want to share this with my best friend...” she justified.
“I get to be with my best friend forever!”

***********************************************
Spike rested against a column at the entrance, hoping that no one would need him for at least ten more minutes as he observed the umpteenth argument between Xander’s relatives and Anya ’s guests, when he noticed a blond girl coming towards him.
The bleached vampire had some trouble recognizing the blonde girl wrapped in a green dress so fluorescent that he thought might be radioactive, as his fiancée.
Stunned he looked at her, tilting his head to one side. When Buffy noticed his look, she didn’t even give him time to open his mouth and tell her anything.

“If you dare make a witty remark about my dress, I swear I’ll drain you!” she warned him, pointing her index against his chest.
He looked at her suggestively.
“Mm.. and * that * is supposed to be a threat? It sounds more like a treat to me..” he said, raising his scarred eyebrow.
“Uh, Right! Then... if you dare make a witty remark about my dress and you can forget about the goodnight-bite!” she corrected herself.
“Ouch! Low-blow, pet...” he struck back, losing his sarcastic vein immediately.
“So, you better keep your mouth shut; otherwise it would be punishment for both of us...” she pouted, giving him a quick kiss before leaving to take care of all the last minute details, just as Spike did.
How many things do best men have to do?

************************************************
Xander was at the lobby.
He composed himself, taking a deep breath and then opened the door, moving into the room.
A person shook his hand, congratulating him and soon all the other guests did the same.
“Xander, do you realize that the usher sat us in the third row?” Mrs. Harris made him notice.
“Mom, I’m sure it was a mistake!” her son tried to calm her down.
Many other guests surrounded him and Xander began feeling suffocated.
Suddenly, an old man grabbed his arm.
“Please, I really need to talk with you.”
Between the crowd and the mess, Xander barely heard him and he didn’t pay him attention.
But the old man insisted.
“Please, please, you have to listen...” he said, pulling Xander apart.
“You have to listen to me!”
The others were too busy talking (or rather, arguing!) to figure out what was going on.
“You can’t get married today, it’ll be a huge mistake!” the old man warned him.
“Yeah. Right. Thanks for the advice, uncle... help me here?”
“Uncle? You don’t recognize me, do you?” the other struck back.
“I’m sorry, I don’t...” the boy apologized, a little embarrassed.
“It sounds crazy, I know, but you have to believe me...” the old man continued.
Xander looked at him perplexed.
“I’m Xander Harris, I’m you!” the other declared.
Xander stared at him.
“What do you mean you’re me?”
“I’m you. I’m you from the future!” he explained.
“Oh, from the future! For a minute I thought you were a nut ball, but now that you’re from the future!” the groom commented sceptically, thinking he was dealing with an insane person... that scarily looked very much like him.
“Please, listen to me. I came back to warn you. To tell you...” he went on, starting to get agitated.
“Hey, hey, easy... Everything is going to be alright...” the boy said, and then something distracted him.
“A toast!”
It was his father’s voice without any doubts.
Xander looked over his shoulder.
“I swear I told that guy no drinks before the Ceremony!” he grunted.
“A toast!” Mr. Harris repeated at the bar, standing up and raising his glass as the other guests looked over.
“A toast to the Harris clan!” he exclaimed, drinking it one shot.
“Look, look, I can prove it to you!” the old man resumed talking, trying to get Xander’s attention back, and he reached into his pants pocket, taking out a small glowing purple orb.
Xander‘s father kept slurring, as the other guests looked at him annoyed.
“I thought you might need convincing. Follow me...” the old man went on, leading Xander away after the boy looked over his shoulder again, clearly disappointed of his drunken father.

Before someone reacted badly to the offensive Mr. Harris’ teasing, Buffy appeared at his side, almost without him realizing and she grabbed his arm, leading him away just in time.
“Hey, what’s this?” the man asked confusedly.
“You must be so happy for Xander on his very special once-in-a-lifetime-day, huh, Mr. Harris?” a super-cheerful Buffy exclaimed.
Mr Harris ogled at her.
“Nice chassis, what’s under the hood? Rwowrr!”
Spike was on the opposite side of the room, but due to his supernatural hearing, he didn’t miss that sentence.
“You know, I could use a cup of very strong coffee. Hey, let’s get you one, too. What do you say?” Buffy went on, ignoring the dull advances.
“Didn’t you own a little square pinkish purse?” he wondered.
Buffy became less cheerful.
“I did!” she sighed, mourning her favourite purse as she lead him away.
Spike was standing by a nearby wall, observing his beloved Childe leave with that man.
“I thought so. Hey, what do you say, we slip in the back room and I show you my...”
The man was puzzled; he couldn’t grasp what had just happened.
One moment he was walking with Buffy and a second after, she was gone and Spike stood in front of him, dragging him to the opposite side.
“You finish that sentence, mate, and I guarantee you won’t have any bloody thing to show to anyone!” he threatened him, growling and leading him away.
After seeing the menacing glare in the bleached blonde’s eyes, the drunken man finally understood that he’d better shut up, still wondering who the guy was and how the hell had he managed to heard them.

TBC

Just like Anya said : ‘I need feedback, people!’ ;P
Yeah, I know that this part was pretty similar to the episode .. but.. trust me, the next one will be verrrry different eh eh !