Although I see no reviews lately ( :'-( , anyway thanks for the ones you have already given to me!) , I hope you'll stil like this story..

PART 19

(And now, keeping the parts I still need, I take the script of the episode, roll it into a ball and throw it away, because it’s time to do things my way! ;) )

*******************************
Anya took the curlers out of her hair, pulled it back and then covered it with the veil.
“I, Anya, promise to cherish you... Eeeww, no, not cherish. Uh. I promise...”
Tara sat on a nearby sofa observing her and looking more than a little bored.
“... To have sex with you whenever * I * want, and ... uh...” Any continued, walking down the platform. “I pledge to be your friend, and your wife, and your confidant, and your sex poodle...”
“Uh? Sex poodle?” Tara frowned.
“Yeah, why?”
“Uhmm, I’m not sure you should say ‘sex poodle’ in your vows.”
“Uh!”

In the main room, a string quartet began to play the bridal march.
“Music, they’re playing the music! That’s it!” she smiled electrified.
The door opened and Buffy poked her head in.
“Are you ready to go?” she asked to the bride, but before she could answer, someone pulled Buffy back into the hall.
Buffy pulled the door closed as she turned to Willow.
“He’s gone: Xander disappeared!” she warned her very agitatedly, and Buffy got alarmed.
“What? Xander’s gone?” she repeated anxiously, trying not to scream.
“I’m gonna go look for him... and I’m gonna find him...” Willow swore, but she didn’t look very convinced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nearby, Dawn was talking to a teenage demon with small curved horns on his forehead; each held a fruity drink in their hands.
“My family is worse!” he declared.
Dawn scoffed.
“No way. Mine is so messed up you have no idea!” she struck back.
“No. Just wait until you see my mom dance at the reception, okay, and then tell me who is messed up!” the boy insisted.
Dawn laughed.
“I guess they are all messed up!” she commented chuckling.
“Yeah, everybody is pretty lame!” the boy nodded.
“Hey, Nibblet, where is your date?” Spike exclaimed, approaching to them.
She frowned because she didn’t like the interference very much, she wanted to be alone with the demon teenager.
“Do you mean Brian? God, that guy is so full of himself and boring. All he can do is talk about football, all the time! So, after he described the umpteenth game in slightest detail, I left him. I think you’ll find him standing in front of the hugest mirror around here, busy contemplating himself!” Dawn explained, snorting.
“Anyway, it seems I’ve found a better date!” she added, smiling at the young demon.
Spike confined himself to give him a ‘Mind-what-you-do-with-her’ look and then he turned to Dawn again.
“I see that the preparations are dragging on, so I’ll take advantage of it and go take a walk, maybe smoke a little. Be right back, kids!” he said to them, leaving.

Dawn and the young demon looked over at the main room, where the guests looked impatient, and Buffy didn’t know what else to do to entertain them, after warning them about the delay.
At the moment she was juggling three yellow apples.
“Gee, what’s the hold up, by the way?” the boy asked, looking annoyed.
“Can you keep a secret?” Dawn exclaimed and the boy nodded.
The girl dragged him near the main room, making sure that they would have complete privacy there.
“Nobody knows this, but… the groom? He took off and no one can find him!” she revealed.
They had emerged into the halfway outside the main room and without them noticing Anya walked by them just in time to hear that. Tara ran up to stand beside her, knowing that she was too late when she noticed Anya’s expression.
“What?” Anya exclaimed, turning to a stuttering Dawn, who didn’t know what to answer her.
Instead of helping her, the boy decided to leave.
“I’ll catch you later, Dawn!” he said, escaping cowardly.
Dawn looked very upset, thinking about what Anya was about to find out.
“Xander’s gone. Missing?” Anya wondered, getting more and more panic-stricken.
“What do you mean Xander is missing?” she screamed and the guests heard, turning towards her.
Buffy looked at them clearly upset.

**************************************
Spike was so lost in his thoughts when he left that he had forgotten his umbrella and when he noticed it was already too late, because the pouring rain soaked him up in few seconds.
Exasperated he threw away his damp cigarette and cursed loudly, until he finally noticed that he wasn’t the only one hanging around.
At the beginning he thought it was one of the guests, but he was stunned when he realized it was Xander.
“Hey, don’t tell me that another of Anya’s bloody traditions is that the groom must do the remake of ‘Singing in the rain’ before the Ceremony!” the vampire exclaimed, approaching Xander, but he quickly amended his attitude when he saw how shocked the boy looked.
“What happened?” he asked gravely.
“There will be no ceremony…” he answered, but he seemed to be repeating it for himself.
“What?” Spike exclaimed, astonished.
“I can’t marry Anya, not after what that man showed me, I can’t!” the brunette stated.
“What the bloody hell are you babbling about?”
“There was an old man saying he was me from the future. I thought he was crazy, but then he drew out a purple orb..”
“... And he showed you your future!” Spike anticipated him.
“How do you know?”
“I know that kind of orbs, lots of demons use it. They can make people see whatever the owner of the orb pleases, it can be the past, future or present, anything!” the blond explained. “You know, I once had some minions that had got one and they used it to make me think they had done what I had ordered them to. Anyway, I found out pretty soon about their dirty deceive and turned them into piles of ashes… and then I gave the orb to Dru as a gift, she had tons of fun with that for a while... she got tired of that orb soon, just as a kid with a new toy...” he smiled at the memory, but then he figured out that he was digressing.
“The point is ... it’s not true, whatever you saw, it’s not real!” he explained, getting closer to him.
“It’s not about the vision, it’s about me and what I could do to Anya... Just look at my father, he wasn’t that way when he married my mother. What if I become like him? Anya doesn’t deserve that, I can’t...”
“Oh, right, at the first obstacle you get scared and run away like a coward...” Spike teased him.
“Shut up! It’s not that easy..”
“Of course, it’s not. Marriage is not just about happy times and endless tenderness and love. You must be ready for the arguments where you both will be so angry that you’ll say something you don’t really mean and the sad moments, there’ll be plenty of those too. But you know what? Marriage is also about facing it all together, the good, the bad and the ugly, side by side, and...” Spike said, but Xander interrupted him again, pushing him away to get rid of him, without managing to do so.
“What the hell do you want from me? You don’t know me, you can’t understand! You’re just a soulless demon who doesn’t even know what a marriage is!” he yelled furiously, punching his face.


Despite the chip, this time Spike reacted. He slapped Xander’s face, mostly to calm him down, but then the ache in his brain began and the blond held his head, yelling in pain.
“Bugger my sodding chip, you looked for it, buddy!” he resumed talking after the pain turned a bit more bearable.
“So, according to you, whelp, I don’t know what marriage is? I chose to spend my whole existence with the woman I love, in good and bad times, in richness and in poverty ... with the only difference that death won’t tear us apart, quite the contrary, ‘cause in a certain way... death was what joined us!” he commented with a smirk in the last part, as he massaged his jaw.
Xander listened to him silently, panting and massaging his cheek, too.
“What should I do now, then?” the brunette wondered.
“You have two choices: run away as a pathetic whelp that is too scared to face life, or... be a man, go back to your woman and show her that you love her and that you’ll always be there for her, no matter what happens...” Spike said, turning his back to go back to the main room.
“So, are you gonna be a whelp or a man?” he asked, without looking at him.
“Are you still my best man?” Xander wondered shyly, regretting how he had treated him. Spike turned around again and it was enough to look into Xander’s eyes for Spike to understand that.
“You bet, man!” Spike patted his shoulder playfully.
“Hey, you have a bloody good fist, you know?” he added, before going into the main room again.

TBC

So, did you enjoy this turning point? I sure hope so! ;)