Thank you, and sorry for this huge late!!


PART 21

************************************************* (In the meantime)
Riley had arrived to his destination: Los Angeles.
He parked his car and headed towards the Investigations Agency, but he left after few minutes, deluded and upset because the beautiful brunette girl who was the secretary had told him that her Boss was out of town due to an investigation and that he would be back in two days.
He would have to wait.

(Author’s Note: I could have cut to the chase and continue with the story, but then I told myself ‘Oh, C’mon, let’s ramble on and let our beloved two blondies have some more fun before the big trouble begins!‘ So, that’s why I wrote this two parts (both of them are 100% Spuffy!); this part is fluffy, very fluffy, maybe even a little too much! While the next one... will be be veeeerryyy hot! So considered yourselves warned. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------
2 DAYS LATER (SUNNYDALE )

“The Gem of Amarra: ever since its creation the goal of thousands vampires and demons- but also some humans who want it to have power, to be invincible, stronger, invulnerable... They want it to take over the world, or to get revenge. Well, someone wanted it to try to kill a certain Slayer...” Spike exclaimed, whistling with indifference at the last part. “Anyway, pet, I’d never thought that one day someone would use this glorious Gem to go… shopping!” he concluded, looking at Buffy in disbelief... and following it with a long serial of yawns.

After all, it was just 8:00 a.m., but Buffy was already up, bathed and dressed, fresh and rested as ever. And, of course, she wore the precious ring on her finger.
“Honey, of course you can’t understand what this means for a girl: the first day of the end of January sales is an occasion I just can’t lose! There will be a huge battle up to the last cloth! Dawn is downstairs waiting for me!” Buffy explained, checking her purse out for the umpteenth time. “Anyway, go back to sleep, love, and sorry if I woke you up, I didn’t mean to. We won’t be back before sunset, see ya, tonight!” she said, kissing him lightly on his lips as he closed his eyes, but when she tried to get up he pulled her tightly towards him with a low disappointed growl.
“Spikey, please, let me go, honey! I promise you’ll thank me for that, later!” she added, managing to break free.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy and Dawn kept their word, and by sunset Spike saw them coming into the house, smiling and carrying a lot of shopping bags.
Curious, he followed Buffy into their room as she was putting away in her closet all of her new purchases.
Spike approved looking at every piece of cloth, imagining it on his Childe, but mostly imagining taking it off!
He had noticed that there was a big shopping bag left over the bed that she hadn’t opened yet.
Although she had her back turned on him, Buffy had felt her Sire’s presence and had guessed his intentions.

In fact, she jumped on the bed, grabbing the bag before he could put his clutches on it.
“No, love, you can’t see this yet! It’s a surprise, so you won’t know what it is before tonight, you must be patient!” she explained hidden it behind her back.
With supernatural speed, he pushed her with her back on the wall.
“Tell me, since when am I the patient type?” he whispered, trying to snatch the bag from her hand.
She pushed her knee hard into his stomach, and then she set herself free from his grip, shoving him to the floor.
“Since I’ve decided so, honey!” she struck back, knowing that she hadn’t hurt him seriously, and she ran away.

But he didn’t agree and with a leap he was upon her again, dragging her to the floor with him.
“C’mon, pet, let me have a little peep...”
But she defended the bag with nails, teeth and a weak growl.
“No, Spike, it doesn’t work that way! I wonder why although you’re like 127 years old, you are as curious as an obnoxious three year old kid!” she rolled her eyes, resorting to a softer tone when she realized he was the growling one then.
“C’mon, Spikey, be good... it’s just for a few hours... you don’t want to spoil your surprise, do you? It would be a very wrong move, because I’m planning a very special night, especially because Dawn won’t be home tonight, so the house will be just for you and me, but if you keep trying to have a peek... you’ll screw everything up!”

As she explained that, her hand had slipped inside his shirt, sensually caressing his chest, guessing that her words wouldn’t be enough to calm him down.
The trick worked, because Spike passed from a growl to a soft purr, and then there was an endless kiss.
“Ok, you win!” he gave up, getting up, but she still didn’t trust him completely, so she threw the bag under the bed, and dragged Spike off the room with her, locking the door and putting the key into her pocket.
“Do you really think that can stop me? I could throw down the door!” he warned her.
“No, you won’t, because I won’t lose sight of you for even a second!” she informed him.
“You can’t. You’ve gotta work tonight!” he smiled cockily, already tasting the victory.
“Bugger this, I’ll call my boss and pretend to be sick. After all, I don’t feel like working tonight. So, I’ll keep an eye on you!” she declared.
“You’re stubborn, aren’t you?” Spike commented with a smile, and then he pretended to be concerned.
“Buffy, I really think you’re spending way too much time with me!” he said, pointing to the exclamation she had used.
“You’re right! So, I’d better go look for another co-tenant..” she joked, but before she could finish that sentence Spike shut her up with a possessive, violent and yet tender kiss.
“You’re MINE, pet, never forget it!” he growled. “And then, this is your house, so I’m the one who should leave.. I wonder if Harm still wants me..” he teased her, and this time, taking advantage of the fact that Dawn was in her room, she smashed him to the wall, clinging to him in a prohibitive way, growling a ‘MINE’ before claiming his lips to make him understand that better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
It was 9:30 p.m., Dawn had packed her stuff and left home, after Janice’s mother picked her up. Spike and Buffy were very composed about it, because they had got info about the party, and they knew there wasn’t any boy invited (it was a pyjama party, just for girls) and mostly... there wasn’t any mysterious new student.
“Nibblet is far away... the house is at our disposal...” Spike pointed out in an allusive way.
“No way, honey, duty first!” Buffy exclaimed, getting ready to get out.
There wasn’t any risk that her boss or one of her colleagues would see her, because the graveyard was at the opposite side of the DoubleMeat Palace.
“C’mon, there’s a patrol waiting for us!” she ordered, opening the door.
He dragged her, running away.

After nearly one hour, Spike had already dusted ten vampires and killed a couple of demons, without even giving them time to react.
He looked impatiently at Buffy, who had aimed at a fledgling and was having a good time tormenting him as a cat with a mouse.
But the bleached blond made that annoying shilly-shallying end, throwing a stake into his chest.
“Hey, I wasn’t done with him, yet!” she protested, crossing her arms. “This way is no fun!” she pouted.
“This is not the kind of fun I’m planning to have with you, pet!” he struck back, lifting her into his arms and running towards home even faster than before.

He closed the door behind his back with a kick, and threw Buffy on the sofa, as she giggled excitedly.
“Someone is in a big hurry...” she singsong, teasing him.
“Someone would be in big trouble if she doesn’t keep her word...” he struck back the same way, jumping on her and taking off her jacket as he covered her face with kisses... as he slipped a hand under her sweater, resting it on the hollow between her breasts.
Fighting the almost irresistible urge to let him take her right then right there, Buffy moved away from him, getting up.
“Ok, honey, I’m going to the bedroom, stay here and when I’m back.. you’ll be pleasantly surprised..” she instructed him as she went upstairs.

TBC

Hope you’ll still like it..