Thank you so much!
Well, this chapter is kinda long, I could have ripped it in two parts, but I didn’t, so... are you happy... or will you be just anxious when it ends? * evil laughter*

PART 26

Spike and Buffy were sleeping peacefully, surrounded by the dark of their room, totally unaware of the person that had got into their room, approaching their bed as silent as never, taking a deep breath as she got ready to accomplish her mission.
“WAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUP, my big lazy guys!” Dawn screamed, jumping on the bed, between the two vampires, waking them up as they yelped, startled.
“Oh, my God, Dawnie! Are you nuts?” Buffy protested.
“No, my dear big sis, I’m useful. You can’t say ‘you were about to make Spike and I have a heart attack!’, because your hearts don’t beat anymore!” the teenager chuckled.
“That’s true, but we still have ears, and this way you’ll make us bloody lose our hearing!” Spike snapped, as Dawn was about to get up and go open the window, but he pulled her back on the bed.
“Anyway, don’t you know what happens to little girls who dare disturb the blessed sleep of two big and dangerous vamps?” Spike scared her using a dark voice, exchanging an understanding gaze with his Childe.

Before she could realize what had happened, Dawn found herself on her back, as the two blondes almost killed her… with tickles, making her almost giggle to death! Tons of hysterical laughter after, Dawn finally got up.

“Hey, that’s not fair! Anyway, it’s been sundown for a while, and both of you have an eventful night, so, get up! Last time you blamed me for not waking you up... remember?” she justified, pulling the large curtains away and opening the window.
“Yeah, but you know, it’s so good to sleep, especially after a hard night of patrol...” Buffy grumbled, getting up unwillingly and stretching.
“Hmm, I don’t know why, but I seriously doubt that it’s only due to the patrol that you are so exhausted…” Dawn commented maliciously and the two blondes felt as they had been caught, but they didn’t give her that impression.
“By the way, thanks for locking the door when you are doing the nasty or you are kind of… indecent, for the sake of my innocent eyes!” the girl went on, as Spike got up, trying not to meet her inquiring gaze.

“Speaking of patrol, have you already lost your excitement over dusting bad vampires?” Spike changed subjects.
“Well, I had something better to do... anyway, I can take all the breaks I please, don’t forget that the last vampire I dusted made me earn at least 500 scores!” the teenager struck back proudly. “You know, I would have brought you breakfast in bed, but I was afraid of dropping the tray and you know it’s not easy to clean the blood off the moquette!” Dawn commented, approaching the door. “Anyway, breakfast is ready in the kitchen, waiting for you, although at this time of the day... I should better call it dinner!” she said sarcastically, going downstairs.
“So change your clothes and go downstairs quickly, otherwise it will get cold!” she warned them.
“Yes, * mommy*!” Spike and Buffy made fun of her, chuckling.
“Laugh as much as you please, after all it is fun, but it’s unfair, too: * you two * are supposed to take care of * me *, and not the opposite!” Dawn complained.

------------------------------------------------------------
After eating, the two blondes got ready for their night.
“I can’t believe it! * You* are spending a Saturday night at home!” Buffy commented astonished, when she saw her sister wearing a comfortable tracksuit, crouched on the sofa, watching TV.
“You know, Janice and the others didn’t go out tonight and it’s not so bad, after all, it could be worse. At least, I don’t have to * work* tonight, as a certain person does...” Dawn struck back.
“Touché. And it’s even worse since I actually changed my shift for this one!” Buffy rolled her eyes, as she arranged her uniform.
“What about you, Big Bad? Still with the patrol stuff? I could change my outfit and help you, what do you say?” Dawn suggested, turning to Spike.
“I’m sorry, Nibblet, but tonight I have other plans: Clem invited me to my former crypt to show me how he’d arranged it and spend the whole night watching a horror bloody truculent movies Marathon, eating spicy Buffalo wings... I’ll be in heaven!” he chuckled.
“So, in the end, I’m the one who got the worst night!” Buffy complained, putting on her jacket.
“It seems so, my pet!” Spike said, pulling her to himself for a soft kiss. “It also means that later I’ll find a way to make you forget your ugly night…” he whispered in her ear and she giggled at the thought.
They said good bye to Dawn and left, taking two different ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An hour after Spike and Buffy left, Dawn was ready to watch the second movie of the night, when she heard someone knock at the door. She went to open, wondering whoever could it be and when she saw him she was as surprised as he was, because he expected to find another person.
“Angel, what are you doing here? Anyway, I’m glad to see you; it’s been a while since...” Dawn exclaimed, hugging him enthused, but he cut her off and pulled away from her, kinda roughly.
“I don’t have time to waste with you, shorty! Just tell me, where’s Buff?” he asked coldly.
“Buffy? If you’re looking for her, you’ll find her at the Double Meat Palace. My poor sister! Even tonight she’s gotta work...” Dawn explained, although she felt insulted for the way he had called her.
“Right, he told me she works there now…” the vampire muttered, leaving without even saying good bye.
“ Ok, he’s never been Mr. Likeableness, but now he has become kind of acid, too! Well, it must be the after journey effect!” Dawn grumbled, locking the door again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
< Why among all the fast food places in this sodding town does all this bloody crowd decide to come just here to mess my un-life up?> Buffy thought, as she made the umpteenth menu with a surprise inside.

“ This is the first and last time, too, that Sophie dupes me! Grrrr, if I don’t get out of here in a minute, I’m going to explode!” she thought out loud, as she went to the checkout. “Please, give me a diversion, anything to escape from this hell, any reason, please!” she kept her mantra, as the sudden shadow made her realize there was already someone in front of her.
She raised her gaze, ready to take the orders.
“Good evening, what can I do for.. Angel!” she exclaimed, when she noticed who the potential customer was.
“That’s right, it’s me. C’mon, take a break and follow me outside, there’s something I gotta tell you...” he explained quickly.
She didn’t mind, she was waiting for an excuse to take a break, so she took off her funny hat, warned one of her colleagues about her temporary absence and left with him.
“Thank You, You’ve been a flash!” she muttered with a smile, looking above.

“I don’t know what happened, but I know I owe you a favour, thank you for taking me out... I couldn’t hold on a second longer!” she said, as they got into a dark alley.
Angelus was behind her, and without her noticing, he lifted a lid from a can, as silently as possible. “Anyway, what do you have to tell me..” she went on, turning and realizing what was going on, but it was too late, because Angelus had already knocked her down with a blow on her head.
“Just how ingénue you are, my stupid girl!” he sneered, lifting her in his arms and leaving before someone else arrived.

************************************************** (in the meantime)
“And *that * is supposed to be a vampire? Oh, please, don’t make me laugh!” Spike snapped, pointing at the TV screen that showed a remake of ‘Dracula’.
Clem hadn’t changed the crypt much, although Spike didn’t like the way it looked now, but he didn’t dare to say anything to his friend, after all he was his guest.
“Well, you know, Spike, I wonder why people always associate the concept of ‘vampire’ with bats, long black capes and a Transylvanian accent!” Clem commented.
“I know why, it’s all the Count’s fault, his bloody books and his bloody Gipsy tricks! So, people think he’s all glorious and mighty.. but he’s only a bloke who still owes me eleven bloody pounds!” the bleached blonde vampire snapped, rolling his eyes.
“Well, Spike, look at the positive aspects, at least you vamps are famous and there are thousands movies about you. On the other hand, I have never seen a movie with a demon who even remotely looks like me…” Clem complained, changing channels.


Suddenly, Spike jumped up, visibly agitated.
“Hey, mate, what’s wrong?” Clem asked worried.
“Buffy! Something happened to her, and it’s something bad. I gotta find her..” he exclaimed, rushing outside, but there was someone else who was waiting for him.
“No, I can’t believe it, it’s too easy. I look for you, and I found you in the same place I saw you the last time,” Riley chuckled, standing in front of him.
Spike was so worried about his beloved Childe that he hadn’t time to be astonished due to the fact he was there.
“Get out of my way, Soldier boy, I don’t have time for your sodding tricks!” he snapped nervously, determined to punch him and get rid of him, but his chip turned on before Spike could hit him, so the vampire knelt on the ground in pain.
“Instead of worrying about what happened to Buffy, worry about what is gonna happen to you!” the soldier sneered.

The vampire got up in a heartbeat, after hearing his Mate’s name.
“How the bloody hell do you know about that?”
“I just know and how it’s none of your business!”
“Bastard! If you did something to her, I...” he growled, showing him his fangs and trying to attack him again... with the same unsuccessful result.
“You know, I could spend all night watching you as you hurt yourself...” Riley mocked him, drawing out his taser. “But I have other plans for you!” he went on, and before Spike could get up, he knocked him down with a heavy shake of the taser.

Hearing the voices coming from outside, Clem had run outside, and he had seen all that had happened, but before he could do anything about it Riley got closer to him.
“Whoever you are, take a nap, too!” he exclaimed, shaking him, too, and the demon fell on the ground senseless, as the soldier dragged Spike away.

TBC

I’ll try to up-date as soon as I can, anyway, don’t thin next chap will be very happy.. But you know the rule, don’t you? TRUST ME! :)


p.s. tomorrow I'll update ' Simply Absurd!' , too! ;)