Author's Chapter Notes:
Uhmm.. I hope someone will still like it, anyway, here's the new post..
PART 30 (there’s a little mention of ‘Becoming pt 2’, and speaking of disclaimers... I made my Tara have a power pretty similar to the one Paige of ‘Charmed’ has!)

******************************* (In the meantime)
Spike had just opened his eyes, only to find out that night was about to change into the daylight in about thirty minutes. He knew perfectly well that he wasn’t in a safe place, but he was too weak right then to even try to move, so to walk was really out of the question.

< Sure, I said I’d like to see the sunrise again... but this is not the way I meant to do that!> he thought, with a slight sarcasm, although he was scared.

It was hard for him to admit it, but he was afraid, as he had never been before. He wasn’t afraid for himself, the thing he feared the most was not seeing his beloved Childe and his adored Nibblet again and not being able to protect them anymore. That was what terrified him. He also thought about the person that had introduced him to the un-life and had a special place in his heart: Drusilla, his Sire... but somehow Angelus, too, because he had been his true teacher. And then, he concentrated all his thoughts once again to the only link between his two ‘families’: Buffy.
He thought about all the time they had spent together, the most beautiful moments, but also the less pleasant ones; anyway they seemed to be too few moments to him and he couldn’t believe there wouldn’t be anymore.

*********************************************
“Still nothing?” Dawn asked the others.
Although it was almost sunrise, the girl was too agitated and concerned to sleep.
“I’m sorry, but there’s nothing here that can help!” Giles answered upset, closing the umpteenth book of the night.
“Wait, I found something!” Tara exclaimed, drawing everyone’s attention. ”Here. There’s a spell to find a vampire...” she started explaining.
“That’s great!” Dawn exulted.
“Well, Dawnie, it’s not that easy, we need blood from the bond of the vampire we want to find. So, to find Spike we need his Sire or his Childe’s blood, but Buffy is not here...”
“But his Sire is!” Drusilla interrupted them, getting into the shop.
Everyone turned to look at her speechless, ready to attack as they grabbed some stakes and crosses.
“Calm down, I’m not going to attack you, not now... Now you and me want the same thing: to save Spike!” she warned them, taking a step closer and the others decided to believe her, putting down their weapons. “Oh, I remember you, you’re the good kisser!” she smiled seductively at Giles as he looked somewhere else very embarrassed, mumbling something unintelligible.
“Why would you ever want to help us?” he asked, changing subjects very cleverly.
“I feel him. I feel his pain, and that’s good, because he deserved to suffer a bit...” she answered with a pleased sneer as everyone glared at her. “... But I also feel his fear, because he’s in danger. No matter how much Mommy is crossed with her baby, NO ONE KILLS MY CHILDE!” she growled, shifting into her demonic visage.

“Hey, calm down, you said you wouldn’t hurt us..” Willow summoned her, but she stopped talking as soon as she realized that she was just biting her own wrist, pouring some drops of blood into a cruet on the table.
She gave the cruet to Tara, coming back to her pretty human features.
“Here. Now, save him, but I see you’ll do..” she commented , approaching to the exit, but an evil laughter escaped from her lips and made everyone suspicious. “ When the white turns black/ Family will be back!” she sing song with dreamy eyes.
“What do you mean?” the blonde witch asked, narrowing her eyes.
“The friend will be the enemy very soon..” Drusilla went on.
“You know something, you’ve gotta tell us!” the redhead summoned her, but it was too late, because Drusilla had already ripped out a heavy curtain, wrapping herself inside it and running away as fast as she could.

“I don’t know why the hell she was here, but I bet that she knows where Angelus and Buffy are... No. Wait. I bet that she has an agreement with Angelus... but if Angelus and Drusilla are together...” Willow trailed.
“.. Angelus is back for real, then!” Giles figured out.
“First things first. Now you have the blood, let’s find Spike!” Dawn urged them.
“Sure, I’m sorry!” Tara apologized, taking the cruet and pouring a few drops on the table.
“ With the blood of his tie/ show us where he could lie!”
After Tara said that, the drops joined together, making a small circle that spread gradually working as a sort of screen, showing where Spike was… and in what conditions the poor bleached vampire was.
Willow recognized the place.
“It’s on the College’s Campus, and it’s outside! Oh, my God, we’ll never arrive there in time, it’s too far!” she commented upset.
“What about teleporting?” Dawn suggested.
“We can’t. A teleportation requires too many energies… and we’ve gotta save those to face Angelus and Drusilla...” Tara explained, lowering her gaze.
“Wait, can you send an object to him?” Dawn asked hopefully.
“Sure, but...” Willow answered, puzzled.
“The gift he gave Buffy for her birthday...”
“What? Why would he need that necklace?” Willow struck back, more puzzled than before.
“No, I mean the other gift... Oops, maybe Buffy didn’t tell you yet, but she’s got the Gem of Amarra now, thanks to him... Just wait, I’ll run to catch it and...” she talked quickly, ready to go, but Tara stopped her.
“There’s no need. Is it in your house?” the blonde asked.
“Yes. In Buffy’s drawer,” Dawn confirmed.
“Ring!” Tara exclaimed, and magically the ring appeared in her palm. “When I know where an object is exactly I can call it into my hands!” she explained, under Dawn’s astonished gaze.
“Ok, but there’s not a minute to waste; send it to him!” Dawn ordered with certain authority.
The two witches grasped their hands, making a circle after putting the ring in the middle.
They closed their eyes and concentrated.
“With this ring on his finger/ He’ll be safe from any danger!” they exclaimed, and the ring disappeared into a small vortex.


*********************************************
The same small vortex opened under Spike’s incredulous eyes.
Not only he saw the Gem of Amarra pop out from that, but the ring also went to his finger on its own, just a few minutes before the sun raised.

< Must be a dream..> he thought as he stared with almost tearful eyes at the show that had been denied to him for too long: the sunrise.

After that, both due to his weakness and the strong emotion, Spike passed out once again.

***********************************************
“Done!” Willow exclaimed.
“How can you be sure?” Dawn wondered thoughtful.
“If the object doesn’t reach the receiver it returns immediately to the sender..” Tara explained, and Dawn sighed relieved.
But Willow wasn’t relieved at all.
“Wassup, honey?” Tara asked, caressing her hair.
“Her words, it’s nothing good.. a friends who turns into an enemy.. white that becomes black..” but she cut herself, enlightened. “Wait. White that turns black! Where did I already heard that?” she thought out loud, starting to skim through the books. “Here. About the Orb of Thesulah, we know that it can give a soul back to a vampire, but… there’s a clause, if for any reason the spell is read backwards… instead of giving a soul back... it takes off the soul. If that happens, the orb becomes bright and starts blackening bit by bit... until from white... it turns completely black and the spell is done!” she explained. “And guess whose is the soul in question?”
“Buffy!” the other three answered together.
“Yeah, I guess that’s the Family Drusilla talked about; she and Angelus... plus Buffy... and inevitably Spike, too! And if those two managed to do that... I’m afraid we’d better move to another country!” Willow commented terrified. “Lucky for us, it’s a very long spell, it can take a whole day, and maybe, due to the fact that she is a Slayer, it could take longer... Anyway, we’ve gotta find them... just how? We could have forced Dru to talk, but she was faster than us; after all, she is crazy, not stupid...” she went on.
“I bet they’re at Angel’s flat!” Dawn commented.
“Oh, c’mon, he can’t be so stupid to hide there, it’s too obvious!” Willow struck back.
Tara cut her off, smiling.
“You forgot this, sweetheart!” she said waving in front of her eyes the cruet with Drusilla’s blood. “We can find them. Think about it, Drusilla is Spike’s Sire... but she’s also Angelus’ Childe. And where Angelus is...”
“There’s Buffy, too. Honey, you’re a genius!” Willow exulted, hugging her.
“I still stick with the ‘they’re at Angel’s flat’ certainty!” the teenager retorted.
The two witches ignored her, doing the spell... and finding out that she was right all along.
“We could’ve spared the magic, especially with Mr. I-m–so- unpredictable!” Dawn snorted. “And thank your lucky star we haven’t have time, otherwise I would have performed my ‘I told you so’ dance for hours!” she added.

“Fine, now Tara and I will go there; while you and Giles run to help Spike. Bring him some blood bags, too, because he’ll need them, after all we saw in what condition he was... and unfortunately the Gem protects who wears it, but it can’t heal the previous wounds...” Willow murmured, very concerned.
“I can’t let you go, it’s too dangerous!” Giles protested.
“We are the only ones who can deal with Dru and Angelus right now. Our magic will help us, but if we are late and the spell is already done... well... we may not be able to save Buffy... but someone will have to save us from her!” she said, freezing over at the thought. “Now, let’s go and let’s cross our fingers that we will get there on time!” she added, and everyone went on their way.

“Why did Drusilla call you ‘good kisser‘ before?” Dawn asked curiously as she went inside Giles’ car.
“Nooo, she said ‘good Ripper’!” he tried to confuse her.
“Giles, I’m not so easy to fool!” she protested, feeling insulted.
“Okay, you are right, she called me that... but yo... you know... she ... she talks with the stars... and she... she plays... with her do... dolls ... yo...you should never take her too seriously...” the Watcher justified, but Dawn didn’t buy that and she swore to herself that one day she would find out the truth.

TBC

First of all, sorry for my pathetic excuses of spells!
Eh, eh, see? The powerful Gem wasn’t there just only to allow Buffy to go shopping! ;)
By the way... tell my Dawn you adore her! ;)


p.s. If I manage.. later I'm gonna update 'Bit by Bit' , too..