PART 31

************************************ (In the meantime)

Drusilla rushed into Angelus’ flat just as the curtain she had used to cover herself caught on fire.
“Bad fire, bad, bad fire, go away!” she whined as she stepped on the curtain trying to extinguish the flames, and Angelus immediately helped her.
“My foolish, foolish girl, look what you have done. You were about to burn yourself, NEVER do that again!” he scolded her and then he hugged her as she still trembled due to scare.
“I promise, it won’t ever happen again. Anyway, now I know Spike is safe!” she smiled.
“I knew that already, because * she* stopped whining a few minutes ago...” he answered, pointing at Buffy.
“By the way, how is my grand-daughter?” she wondered.
“Just check it out!” her Sire suggested to her.

Buffy was still unconscious, but the orb had already blackened beyond three fourths of its capacity. Just a few more inches and it would be completely black and the spell would be complete.
On the blonde vampiress’ lips was a smile that was slowly turning into a devilish sneer, as the desire to make all the heartbeats she heard stop, to snap their necks, break all their bones, scare them to death and make a bloody massacre grew into her.
“She’s going to be with us very soon, my love..” Drusilla smiled, hugging Angelus.
“So, why don’t we go under the sheets and play the waiting game, * my way *, baby?” Angelus proposed to her, allusively.
“Oh, my Angel, you are so..”
The brunette vampiress stopped, hearing a car approach and park outside, and that caught Angelus’ attention, too.
“A car at this time of the day?! Dru, you didn’t tell me yet: WHERE the hell did you go?” Angelus interrogated her angrily.
“Well, I went to the Slayer’s friends… but no one followed me, I swear, so it can’t be possible..”
Hearing two female voices yell ‘Open up!’ the two vampires saw the door slam all of the sudden, so with a jump they flipped quickly away from the sunlight that had got in with Willow and Tara who immediately closed the door before the sun could hit Buffy.

“It’s not time for the party yet. The two guest stars are still missing!” Drusilla protested, growling at them.
“Well, Dru, I think it’s better this way..” her Sire calmed her down and then got closer to the two witches who didn’t’ seem to fear him at all. “It’s very nice of you to come here and volunteer yourself to be Buffy’s breakfast when she wakes up… I won’t have to bother to go out and search for some victims anymore..” the vampire sneered.
Willow glanced at Buffy, relieved due to the fact that she was still sleeping, but noticing with terror that there was just a tiny slice of the orb that was still white.
“No one will be no one’s breakfast, Angel. We know everything about the Orb and your wicked plan.. but we’re gonna stop you!” Willow informed him.
Angelus burst out laughing when he heard that.
“Just how? You know it’s just a matter of a few minutes..”
“But to break the spell I just gotta break the orb!” Willow smiled.
“So? Do you think I’m so stupid to let you get any closer to Buffy?” Angelus sneered.
“So? Who ever talked about getting closer?” the redhead struck back and the brunette vampire looked at her puzzled.
“Uh?”
“Tara, the orb is there, you know what to do!” Willow instructed her, pointing at the orb that was floating around Buffy.
“What the..” Angelus grumbled.
“Orb of Thesulah!” the blonde witch exclaimed and the orb disappeared, although Drusilla had managed to grab it at the beginning, and it appeared in Tara’s hands.
“Don’t touch it!” Drusilla and Angelus growled at Tara, hurling towards her.
“Here, Willow!” the blonde called out at her girlfriend, throwing the orb towards her.
“Willow, don’t...” Angelus summoned her.
“You have probably noticed it before, too: these orbs are so fragile...” Willow commented, smashing the orb to the floor, before anyone of the two brunette vampires could stop her. “... They break so easily!” she went on, as it exploded in thousands pieces and all the blackness faded away in a small cloud of black smoke.
Everyone saw the blinding light that irradiated from Buffy, and after that she woke up, taking a look around, very disoriented.
“Set her free!” Willow exclaimed and the chains that prevented her from moving broke up, puzzling Buffy even more.
“Nooo, my family, my family, my family!” Drusilla whined.
“Stop snivelling, Dru!” Angelus snapped, pulling away from her. “It only means that we’re gonna repeat that spell after I’ve killed these two nosey wiccas!” he went on and he was about to attack them, but Buffy kicked him on his chest sending him tumbling to the floor.
She finally remembered everything.

“Buffy, you’re back!” Tara and Willow exulted together.
“Yes, I’m back, and you know, Angelus, I appreciate your gentle offer, but no, thanks, I like my soul just where it is!” she explained, ready to attack him again, but Drusilla grabbed her by the shoulders, holding her still.
“You are a very naughty grand-daughter!” she scolded her, trying to keep her in her grip, but Buffy bent over, making her flip away.
“Don’t bother me, * Grandma *, I’ll sort you out later!” she struck back, hurling towards Angelus and dragging him to the ground with her.
“Where’s Spike? Now you tell me!” she summoned him, punching his face repetitively, but that just made the brunette vampire laugh pleased.
“Yeah, Buff, now I * do * like you , so angry, so violent and all Grrrr!” he admitted.
“Oh no, Angel, you’re wrong. You haven’t seen me angry yet!” she warned him, but he switched their roles.
“Just let me repay you!” he said, punching her back, but she managed to break free and kicked * his manly bits*, using both of her feet and making him crouch in pain. He had an unpleasant sense of déjà vu, although that time Buffy had used just one foot the pain had been almost as bad!

Drusilla was about to go help her Sire, but Willow stopped her.
“Why do you want to disturb them? C’mon, have fun with us!” she told her.
“Oh, you will regret asking me!” she struck back, beckoning them to come and face her.
Willow was the first to try to kick her, but the vampiress easily sent her to the opposite side of the room. “So, it’s just me and you now, blondie!” she murmured, approaching Tara slowly, who all of the sudden seemed unable to stop looking at her. “Look at me...” Drusilla exclaimed, starting to wave her middle and index fingers in front of her eyes. No matter how hard she tried, Tara couldn’t pull away from her. “Be in my eyes...” she went on, waving her hand back and forward, slipping to her demonic visage as she got ready to bite.
But before she could add the ‘Be in me’ part, she felt a mysterious power push her from behind and smashing her against the wall. She got up, astonished when she found that the responsible was the redhead witch, whose eyes had turned from their cute dark green into black and deep.
“I don’t want my sweetheart to look at other girls, you know, I’m very jealous!” she commented as her eyes turned green again.
“You... have power... I can feel it from here... and it fills my head...” the vampiress murmured, swinging and half-closing her eyes.
Tara and Willow looked at her puzzled, but they got ready to attack her again.

Meanwhile, Buffy and Angelus, who by then had recovered from the low blow, had lost the whole scene because they were too engrossed in their fight. They went on for at least half an hour, without any winner.

“You haven’t answered my question yet: WHERE is my Spike?” Buffy growled, smashing Angelus against a wall, wrapping her hands around his neck to strangle him.
“Well, Buffy, someone would be happy to tell you... if only he wasn’t already... dead!” the brunette vampire commented very quietly, pointing at the corpse that was still chained to the wall.
From that position she couldn’t see who it was, so she got closer, growling enraged when she recognized him. In the meantime, Angelus had taken advantage of that to break free.
“Oh, bloody hell! Riley, sure, I knew that that bloody wanker soldier boy was planning some sodding thing when he left!” Buffy grumbled furiously.
“You know what, Buff? I’m beginning to think you are spending way too much time with my Boy!” Angelus stated, hearing the girl talking like that.
“Instead I think I’m spending too little time with him, and if only another person, demon or whatever dares to tell me that again, I...”

Feeling a familiar presence, Buffy stopped and Angelus, Drusilla and she ran to a dark corner.
She had had a right sensation, because a second after the door slammed open and Spike got in, still feeling very dizzy, leaning into Giles, as the Watcher closed the door immediately.
Dawn waited for them outside, because she knew she would be just a burden to them if she had got inside.
“He insisted so much, he forced us to come here after I told him what had happened...” Giles explained as from the bleached blonde vampire’s lips came out just a word.
“Buffy...”
Drusilla looked at him dumbfounded, wondering due to what strange reason he could stay in daylight without burning; Angelus wondered the same thing, because right then he had totally forgotten the existence of the Gem of Amarra.
Instead, Buffy had already noticed the confirmation to her hypothesis at the finger of her beloved Sire, but what shocked her were the terrible conditions he was in, because that magic ring was supposed to protect him.
But she already knew what she had to do.

TBC

I hope you’ll like it..