PART 32

”Tara, Willow, can you keep them busy for a while?” she asked the two witches, pointing at Angelus and Drusilla with her gaze, as they were still distracted by what they had previously seen.
“Sure, go to him, Buffy, he needs you now more than ever!” Tara smiled at her.
The two brunettes had recovered from the shock, so they hurled towards the two witches, but they knew very well how to welcome them. In fact, the two girls grumbled something in an ancient language and before they could realize what had happened, Angelus and Drusilla found themselves float in the air, blocked by an invisible barrier that prevented them from coming back to the floor.
Drusilla began giggling delighted and her Sire questioned her with a look.
“It makes me feel like a little star!”
“Do me a favour.. shut up!” he growled at her, exasperated.
“Hey, Angel, remember when I could only lift pencils? Well, it seems I made some progress since then!” Willow exclaimed with a cocky attitude.
“This can’t last forever!” Angelus made her notice.
“You’re right, but I hope it will last enough to allow Buffy to do what she wants to do!” the redhead answered.

Giles saw Buffy rush towards him as furious as he’d never seen her and for a moment he feared the worst, but the blonde seemed to figure what he was thinking before he said anything.
“Don’t worry, Giles, I’m still myself with my soul and everything included!” she smiled at him, and then she turned to Spike who immediately pulled away from the Watcher to go to her, but he was still so weak that he couldn’t walk. Lucky for him, Buffy took him into her arms before he fell.
“Pet... missed you...” he murmured laboriously.
“Shh, shh, everything is ok now!” she whispered sweetly at him, caressing his hair. “You need to gain your strength back now, come on, my love, feed from me!” she invited him, baring her neck and pushing his face there as softly as she could.
The vampire looked at her with sad eyes.
“Can’t... vamp ...out... too ... weak!” he explained with difficulty.
“That’s not a problem...” she reassured him.
“Look, Buffy, Dawn and I have already given him some blood bags...” Giles informed her.
“I know, but this is different...” she answered, picking up one of the thousands pieces of the orb from the floor, using it to cut her wrist with determination, bringing the wound to her beloved Sire’s mouth. He started licking her blood away as a kitten that drinks the milk from a bowl, as Buffy held his head with the other hand. “This is Vampire’s blood, this is his Childe’s blood, his Mate’s blood, but most of all this is *Slayer’s* blood. In a word, there couldn’t be a more powerful restorative for him...” she explained to her Watcher, happy when she felt Spike suck her blood with more conviction and eagerness, grabbing her wrist with a renewed force.

“Buffy, please, hurry up... We can’t hold on for much longer ...” Tara warned her as their energy faded away due to the very powerful spell.
“Well, honey, I hope you took enough!” Buffy whispered to Spike, pulling her wrist away gently from his mouth, before she lost too much of her strength, too.
“Thanks, pet!” he murmured, getting up with a leap. “See? It seems it worked!”
She smiled sweetly at him. And then they both turned around abruptly when they heard Willow and Tara fell on the floor unconscious and consequently they saw Angelus and Drusilla fell too, ready to resume their fighting.
“I’ll deal with Dru, you deal with Angelus!” Spike stated, ready to attack.
“But honey... you are still too weak... are you sure you can handle it?” Buffy asked concerned.
“There’s not time to find out if I can!” he struck back, hurling towards his Sire before she could anticipate him. Buffy did the same thing with Angelus.

“Mummy taught you a lesson before, but you don’t seem to have learned it!” Drusilla snapped, trying to kick him, but he dodged.
“C’mon, baby, you know that I don’t like hurting you..” but she cut him off, punching his nose violently and that made him furious. “But I don’t like you to hurt me either!” he snapped, kicking her stomach but not as powerfully as he meant, so she got up immediately.
“You don’t like to hurt me?! William, you’ve tried to kill me before and you let Miss Edith down a lot of times!” she accused him, resuming her attack.
“Uff, don’t be such a fussy! I didn’t at the end, see?” he struck back, punching her face.
Suddenly she stopped attacking him and her tone became very gentle.
“Spike, why don’t you wanna come back to your family? We will welcome your precious Childe, too. So join us, both of you...” she invited him.
“No, thanks, Dru!” he responded and a second after he was behind her back as he tightened his arm around her neck, making her weaker and weaker, just like he had done when he had had to fight against her during his first truce with the Slayer. “Now I’m different. I’ve got another family, and I love them, they make me feel ... like a man. And I also have friends. But you can’t understand this stuff, can you?” he explained as she whimpered and whined with the little energy she still had left. “Well, think about it, then!” he finished, placing her softly on the floor once he’d assured himself she had passed out.

He turned to the other side to see how Buffy was doing. She seemed to handle it very well, but Angelus wasn’t going to give in. The brunette vampire managed to catch her off guard and with a vicious kick he smashed her against a wall. When Spike noticed that she didn’t recover immediately from that blow, he looked for some kind of weapon that could help him. Giles and the blond vampire caught a glimpse of Riley’s weapon at the same time, and since Giles was closer he took it and threw it towards Spike, without Angelus noticing what they were doing.
“Now, Buff, it’s time for you to take a nap again!” he warned her, ready to hit her in the head again.
“No, buddy, it’s time for * you* to take a bloody nap!” Spike growled, surprising him from behind his back and hitting him with a powerful shake of the weapon before the elder vampire could react. In fact, he fell on the floor unconscious, but Spike also fell to the floor, conscious but still very weak, his strength depleted due to the previous fight. Once she recovered, Buffy ran to him.
“Spike, honey, are you ok?” she wondered, putting his head on her lap.
“What can I say, pet? I’m not myself a hundred percent yet!” he smiled at her.

Tara opened her eyes as Willow did. They were a little confused over what had happened to them, but they were fine.
“You were wonderful, girls, you saved me, thank you so much!” Buffy smiled at them.
“And you saved me, too, ‘cause I don’t think that the ring appeared providentially from nowhere due on its own!” Spike commented, thanking them with a smile.
“Oh, please, Buffy, it’s nothing compared to the tons of times that you’ve saved us!” Willow answered, coming closer to hug her friend. “And Spike, you should also say a big thank you to Dawnie, because the idea of the ring was hers. And guess who else you gotta thank? D-r-u. Yes, you heard it right, she came to us and helped us to find you...” Willow explained, amazing him and Buffy, too.

Giles approached Buffy, hugging her as a father hugs his daughter. In fact, Spike understood and didn’t protest.
“What about them?” the man wondered, pointing at Angelus and Drusilla who were still unconscious. “If you need some stakes, I saw...”
“NO! I won’t kill them!” Buffy cut him off with authority.
“No? Not even Drusilla?!” he asked her astonished, and as answer he got a growl from a very enraged Spike.
Buffy calmed him down, caressing his face.
“Believe me, the Slayer in me would do it in a second, but now things are different: she is my Grand-Sire as Angel is my Grand-Grand-Sire ... they are a kind of family to me, or at least to my demon! So, I just can’t kill them!” she justified. “Besides, Dru saved Spike, after all, so that is something for what I’ll be eternally grateful to her! And it’s not right that Angel has to pay for what Angelus did!” she added.
“So, are you planning to give him his soul back, right?” Willow figured as she was already thinking if she had all the necessaries to do the ritual.
“That’s the plan!” Buffy nodded.
“Willow, it might take a while, because there are no orbs left at the shop...” Giles made her notice, but she cut him off.
“Wait! Angelus talked about repeating the spell if it went wrong the first time...” Willow mumbled, starting to open drawers and closets at random. “And if I have to go by that...” she went on, opening a closet where, among tons of terrifying tools that Angelus and Drusilla had probably used to torture Riley there was also what she was looking for. “Bingo!” she exulted, showing the orb of Thesulah with satisfaction.
“Willow, you’re such a brilliant detective! You should work with Angel in his Agency... as soon he comes back, that is!” Buffy commented.
“Now, we’d better go back home! Please, Giles, bring your car as near as possible to the exit. And we will also need some blankets to cover them…” the blonde vampiress suggested, helping Spike to get up.
Giles obeyed, coming back with the blankets she had required.
“A good Watcher always thinks about his Slayer’s necessities, even more after she became a vampiress. See? I knew I had done a good job when I darkened all the windows of my car, they would come in handy!” Giles smiled at her and she thanked him with her brightest smile, wrapping a blanket around herself and helping Tara and Willow wrap the two unconscious vampires.
After that, she came back to help Spike, while the two witches dragged the two brunettes and everyone left the flat.

TBC

I know, I know, maybe someone wished them dead, but sorry, I adore them too bloody much to make them become dust!
So, if you find this part unreal... well, I wonder what you’ll think about the next one. Now, you gotta know you can expect anything to happen, something that the evil Joss would never show you... Start thinking about the most unusual stuff, because I don’t know what my inspiration smoked to suggest me such a thing! :-O