Hello, sorry for late!
Thank you, so, so much Nemesis! And thanks to everyone who recommended this FF, too, it means a lot to me, really!


Now you’ll understand what I meant.
Feel free to criticize it as much as you please, ‘cause you know, I’m the first to judge it totally bizarre!! ;)

PART 33

It was afternoon already and while they waited for Angelus and Drusilla to wake up, Giles, Willow and Tara had already taken care of all they needed for the ritual.
As it’s easy to imagine, the two vampires were prudently chained, and due to the fact that when Giles had asked Buffy to find some chains she had rushed into her bedroom, everyone was really puzzled, except for Spike, of course!

During the day, Buffy had lovingly taken care of Spike, helping him bathe, curing his most serious wounds and changing his bloodstained and ripped clothes into some clean ones..
After that she had let him rest for a while, taking advantage of that to talk with the two witches.
“Will, are you sure that you and Tara can do it?” Buffy asked, knowing that they had already spent lots of energy with their previous spells.
“Buffy, we’ve performed a resurrection before, so this is a doodle for us!” Willow answered, but Tara looked at her thoughtfully. “And you know what? I think we can do more, we’ll eliminate the happiness clause part in the text, so Angel’s soul will be permanent!” Willow added and Tara nodded with a smile.
Buffy was glad that he would finally be free to have someone beside him without any dire consequences.

After that, the blonde vampiress sat on the sofa with Spike, who had finally woke up after resting for a few hours and at the moment she was busy trying to make him drink a cup of blood that she had heated up for him.
Dawn seemed unable to stop hugging them since they had gotten inside Giles’ car. In fact, she was sitting on the same sofa than the two blondes because she felt the need to be close to them.
All of the sudden everyone’s attention fell on the two brunette vampires who began to stir as they started to gain consciousness.
They took a look around a little bit confused and then they looked at the others with hatred.
“Why are we here? What are you gonna do to us?” Angelus snapped, wriggling uselessly.
“Shut up, *I* make the questions here. Angelus, you must tell me, how many people did you kill this time?” Buffy asked him, wishing that there hadn’t been that many casualties.
“Well, you know I didn’t have the time to do things properly, but the first night we arrived to Sunnydale, Dru and I went to the park and fed on some homeless guys. You were right, Boy, she does like them... maybe ‘cause feeding is not the only thing we did in the Park that night...” Angelus commented sneering as he turned towards Spike, but quickly looking back seductively at Drusilla, who returned his look with the same ardour.

Just a few years before, Spike would have hurled towards Angelus for that look alone, starting a furious fight to make him understand that he had to stay far away from his Drusilla, but right now he confined himself just to say a ‘I told you so’, shrugging as he kept on drinking his blood.
“Fine. No one else then. It’s not that bad...” Buffy stated.
“Well, yeah... and the soldier, too. My baby and I had a lots of fun with him...” Angelus smiled proudly at Drusilla.
“Just as I said: *no one else*!” Buffy repeated, cold and impassable. No one dared to say anything.
“You know what? I’ve gotta thank you for that, you kept my soul clean and pure by doing that, otherwise I would have spoiled it with a very cruel killing, because I would have broken both of his arms and legs, ripped his heart off his chest with my bare hands and make him gulp it down, and then I would have slit his throat and bathed in his blood... and not necessarily in that order!” the blonde commented.
Everyone looked at her astonished, some stunned and scared and some stunned and amused.
“Stop staring at me like that! I still have my soul, it’s both of my demon and the Slayer talking, and the real Buffy, too: NO ONE would EVER touch my Spike!” she growled, but her Sire calmed her down immediately.

“Buffy, how can you be sure that he’s not lying?” Willow wondered in concern, pointing at the brunette vampire.
“Hey, Red, it’s Angelus we are talking about, he loves bragging about every victim he kills. Lucky for us he doesn’t organize a bloody parade every time he does that! So, believe me, he would never hide a killing, no matter if his un-life depended on it!” the bleached blond explained.
“Right, Boy, so now that you know, what? Have you already decided how you’re going to kill me?” Angelus asked, trying to break free for the umpteenth time.
Without waiting for Spike to answer, Willow showed Angelus the orb of Thesulah.
“Guess again!” the redhead sneered as Tara prepared all the ingredients for the ritual.
“No, not again, you can’t!” the vampire growled.
“Oh, yes, I can and I will and this time it will be a happiness clause free spell!” Willow assured him, putting the orb on the floor.
“I’m sorry, Dru, you gotta say goodbye to your daddy...” Spike commented, as the brunette vampiress began whimpering.
Tara started reading the chant and Willow translated it, until an ancient spirit took her over, but this time she managed to control herself so well that she still could change the ritual a bit. At the end she passed out, but Tara held her immediately so she didn’t fall down to the floor.


Everyone saw the orb rise on the air and shine, transferring its light into Angelus’ eyes, so he turned into Angel again. The vampire took a confused look around as he tried to remember all that had happened, while Giles and Dawn unchained him.
Buffy and Spike, who had partially regained his strength back, took care of Drusilla, setting her free under her astonished look.
“I just wanted you to watch to make you understand that you can’t have your family back, Dru, now everything is different...” Buffy explained to her with an oddly sweet and gentle tone, as Spike and she dragged her towards the exit. “Now the sun is down, so you can leave... and never come back!” she went on, but the other vampiress wriggled and managed to break free.
Spike and Buffy feared that she would attack someone, but they calmed down when they saw her simply wrap her arms around Angel’s neck pleading with him:
“No, please, Daddy, don’t let me go, I don’t wanna be all alone... not again!”
He pulled away gently, looking at her with sad eyes.
“Dru, I can’t, not anymore, you know...” he tried to make her understand.
“I know, I know... and I finally understand what my vision meant, what Miss Edith wants: all of us on the same side, it means that * I’ve * got to choose your side now...” she declared. Everyone looked at her dumbfounded, without understanding what she was going to do. “Please, please, keep me with you. I can be good if you ask me, I’ll try my best, please, don’t leave me, everyone else does...” she whined.

No one could understand her better than Angel. He remembered when, after his curse, he didn’t want to accept his soul and he had looked for Darla, finding her and asking his Sire to take him with her, Drusilla and Spike again, swearing that he could still resume killing with them.
And now, with the same desperation, his Childe was begging him to take her back with him, promising to him the exact contrary.
He couldn’t leave her.
In fact, he looked at Spike and Buffy to get their consent, and Buffy gave the same look to Willow and the others.
“Well, if you want, I can give her back her soul and...”
“NO!” Angel and Spike roared at the same time, cutting the redhead off.
“Thank you, Willow...” Angel answered with a gentler tone. “But it’s so painful. Believe me, I know... and all the sense of guilt...”
“Would drive her insane!” Spike concluded, but everyone threw daggers at him with their eyes, especially Drusilla. “Ok, ok, bad choice of words... Well, you know what I meant!” the bleached blonde justified.

“Anyway, I’m sure she can’t give up killing on her own, she has the willpower of a four year old baby! She needs something to prevent her from killing...” Buffy commented and everyone nodded.
“Just like my chip!” Spike suggested.
“Yeah, you’re right, honey; but it’s too late, Riley (she growled the name) is dead, I don’t know how to contact the Initiative... and honestly I don’t want to... after all I’m pretty sure that they would never do this as a favour to us...” Buffy explained.
“Wait! I could put a chip into Dru’s head with some magic... too bad that we haven’t another chip like that and I don’t even know where we could find one...”
“Take Spike’s!” Buffy suggested as serious as ever.
“What?!” everyone struck back dumbfounded, first of all Spike.

TBC

So, did you expect that? ;)