I hope you still like it..


PART 34

”You heard it right..” she confirmed.
“But… Buffy, without the chip, Spike will be free to kill humans again!” Willow protested and Giles nodded.
“No. He will be free to *defend * himself from humans again!” she clarified. “Just look at what Riley did to him. That must NEVER happen again, got me?” Buffy growled and her eyes flashed yellow. “He showed you more than once that he’s on our side now, chip or no chip. Just think about a few hours ago: he could have let Angelus knock me out and then allow him and Dru to kill you all, but he didn’t, that has to mean something to you!” she made them notice with a calmer tone.
“Buffy? Are you sure you wanna set me free?” Spike asked her, looking deep into her eyes.
“I am. Due to a simple reason: I believe in you, my love!” she smiled, caressing his face. “I know you won’t kill humans anymore.”
“Honestly, I don’t even remember what human blood tastes like, maybe I should refresh my memory..” he joked, but she scolded him.
“Spike! I’m serious!”
“Pet, you know that I’ve changed and if you set me free I’ll finally show you that it’s not due to the sodding chip!” he affirmed in a very serious tone.
“Fine. So, Dru, do you agree?” Buffy asked and the brunette vampiress looked for the answer in her Sire’s eyes, and they assured her that she was doing the right thing.
“I do!” she confirmed.
“What about you?” the blonde vampiress asked to the others.
“Well, I think that I will be the first Watcher recording something like this in his Diary!” Giles grumbled, cleaning his glasses, and Buffy thanked him with a sweet smile.
“I was the first one who trusted him, so I’ll surely won’t stop trusting him now!” Dawn stated.
“I know, Nibblet, I still remember the first days when you’d come to my crypt, designating it as your personal After-School activity and me as your personal story teller!” he smiled at her.
“I agree, too; so, we can start whenever you want. I need Spike and Dru to be close, temple against temple, and...” Willow started explaining.
“Wait!”
Buffy couldn’t believe that Tara was the one that was disagreeing.
“But... you have always been the most tolerant, the most...” the blonde vampiress commented, looking at her disappointed, but Tara smiled at her, shaking her head.
“You didn’t understand, I wasn’t going to oppose..” she justified. “I just wanted to tell you that I can make the chip liquid for a while, you know, to make the crossing less painful!” she explained shyly.
“Oh, Tara, please, forgive me, I shouldn’t have never doubted you. I’m so sorry!” Buffy apologized, running to hug her.
“It’s ok, Buffy, don’t worry!” she reassured her.
“Anyway, can you really do it?” Buffy asked her hopefully.
“Sure!” the other blonde smiled.

Spike and Drusilla sat on the sofa, holding their hands, temple against temple, as Tara pronounced the chant to turn the chip into liquid temporary. Spike warned her when the spell was done.
So, the two witches lighted two candles that symbolized the two vampires, as the others watched the whole scene develop very curiously but silently.
“That who hurts will still be in pain/ From now on, chip, change brain!” they said in unison, switching the two candles that turned off immediately after.
In that moment everyone saw a fluid passing from Spike’s head to Drusilla’s. Then Tara cast another spell to turn the chip from liquid to solid again.
“Done!” the blonde witch exclaimed, satisfied. “Now, we’ve just gotta test if it really works on her, and I guess I’ll do it. After all, Spike proved to me that I wasn’t a demon punching me, so...” she went on, getting closer to Drusilla, but Willow stopped her, grabbing her arm.
“No, I’ll do it. After all, Spike found out about his chip for the first time when he tried to bite me at the campus..” Willow explained, taking a step closer, but her girlfriend stopped her
As the two witches argued about that and the others were busy watching them, Dawn came closer to Drusilla.
“C’mon, hurt me, bite me, gouge my eyes!” she incited her.
“Dawn, no!” Buffy warned her, but what’s done is done.
“Oh, your eyes shine as two little stars, I wanna take them!” the vampiress commented, raising her hand on her as a claw.
Dawn closed her eyes, cursing herself for her brave but irresponsible idea, but before Drusilla could touch her, the chip realized her evil intentions and turned on, making the vampiress roll on the floor in pain, clutching her hand and whimpering hysterically.
“Ok, we tested it, the chip works!” Dawn stated proudly as Angel rushed towards Drusilla to help her get up.
“Can’t hurt, can’t hunt, can’t kill!” she exclaimed, moving as if she was a robot.
“C’mon, Dru, you’ll get used to it!” Angel comforted her with a hug.
“Oh, Angel, all in my head, I can see it... little bit of plastic spider webbing out nasty blue shock!” she went on, massaging her temples.

Buffy came closer to Spike who still couldn’t believe that the annoying chip wasn’t in his head anymore.
“What about you, honey?” she asked him, sitting next to him.
“Uh?” he tilted his head, looking at her confused.
“Don’t you want to verify if you are really free?” she suggested to him.
He got up, examining all the others.
“I’m a gentleman, so I won’t choose any of you, Ladies!” he stated, turning to Willow, Tara and Dawn who thanked their lucky stars. “About you, Rupert..” he went on, standing in front of the Watcher who got ready for it, taking off his glasses and hoping his punch wouldn’t hurt too much. “I have a score to settle with you, you made me lose an episode of ‘Passions’ once, and that’s something I simply can’t forget...” the vampire commented, raising his hand as a fist. “But I prefer to wait and check it with our dear Harris, he made me wear one of his stupid, pathetic, sodding Hawaiian shirts, and that makes him the winner of the ‘Piss-off-Spike’ competition without a doubt!” he concluded and Giles sighed relieved, putting his glasses on again.

“Will, can I talk with you?” Tara exclaimed, beckoning her girlfriend to follow her outside.
“Wassup, honey?”
“It’s about magic. Dru is right, I know that you have much more power than me..” the blonde trailed.
“What? Are you envious?” the redhead joked.
“Willow, please, this is not the point, and it’s not a joke, I’m afraid that you’re using magic way too much.. and I’m worried..” Tara explained.
“But, honey, it was necessary, you know..” the other protested.
“Yeah, in fact I’m not blaming you for that.. but promise me that you’ll use magic less frequently!”
“I promise that I’ll use it only if I really need it!” the redhead assured her.
“Well, try to need it as less as you can, then!” the other begged her.
“Don’t worry, sweetie, you know that I would never do something that would upset you!” the other struck back, caressing her face.
Tara smiled, more serene.

They weren’t the only one who had a private discussion.
“Angel, I’d like to exchange two words with you..” Buffy said, but Spike held her tight, with a low growl. “Trust me, my love, I just need to talk with him.. be right back!” she assured him with a kiss.
Angel followed her outside under Drusilla’s disappointed look, as the two witches came back.
“Buffy, please, forgive me for what I did and what I was going to do!”
“Don’t even say that, after all, nothing really bad happened!” she reassured him.
“Anyway, from now on everything will change, I wanna make things right.. or at least I wanna try. I’ll take Dru with me, and I’ll be close to her to help her be a better person..” he assured her, but she put him in deep trouble with a very simple question.
“Do you love her?”
“You know, in his wicked way.. Angelus did..” he answered, but she didn’t seem to be satisfied.
“I’m not talking about Angelus but you, Angel. You know that there’s nothing between us anymore, so feel free to tell me everything!” she exhorted him.
“Well, I can say that I care about her, a lot. She means so very much to me, I feel protective towards her, but I can’t answer to your question yet..” he explained. “On the other hand, I finally realized that Spike and you really love each other, it’s not just a matter of possession and Sire/Childe bond as I thought it was at the beginning. Buffy, I’m so sorry for what I said. After all, Spike is not that bad for you, now I know that you are in good hands!” he smiled at her.
“Believe me, I am. And I wish you and Dru to be happy together, now that you can!” she smiled at him, hugging him.
Not to make their mates too nervous, they decided to come back inside.
“Well, it’s almost night, I guess we can leave now, what do you say, Princess?” Angel exclaimed and Drusilla smiled excitedly after hearing him call her like that.
“Alright, we can leave!” she agreed, heading towards the door with him.
“Wait, I wanna come with you, too!” Dawn stopped them, making everyone curious.

TBC

Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad, mostly because ( finally) this FF is almost over, eh eh!