Thank you so very, very much, MAGGIE, you really made my day, I’m so happy you like it, and I hope you’ll keep reading its crazy sequel, too, when this FF is over !

And now, a bit of sweet spuffyness.. and some (maybe) unexpected stuff! ;)

PART 35

”What’s up, Nibblet? Are you already sick of staying here with us?” Spike asked her, a little bit confused.
“No, it’s not that, don’t worry... and I’m not asking to leave forever, just for a couple of weeks...” Dawn explained.
“ Why?” Buffy wondered even more puzzled than before.
“Well, remember my double-cross to eliminate Justin? You told me I could be an actress...” Dawn trailed.
“Well, you know, it’s just something I said in the heat of the moment...” her sister tried to justify.
“Anyway, I’ve thought about it, a lot... and I decided that I want to try...”
“So? That doesn’t explain why you wanna go with him, Angel is not an actor!” Spike made her notice, as he understood less and less.
“Well, there are some missions where I have to pretend to be someone else, where I have to double-cross.. and stuff like that, and I do it pretty well!” the brunette vampire defended himself.
“I got it! It’s not about you, Angel, it’s Cordy. Spike, you don’t know about it, but she wants to become a famous actress, so. Two and two makes four, right, Dawnie?” Buffy figured out.
“You guessed right, I need to talk with Cordy, she is the only one who can help me into some studios..” Dawn explained. “So?” she asked her sister with puppy eyes.
“Uhmm... well, what about school? If you stay away for two weeks...” the blonde said, but Dawn cut her off.
“I already faced all the tests I had to face and I did well on them, so I’ll have good marks. I’ll just miss a few lessons, but I can ask Alyson to give me her notes, and trust me, she is the most brilliant student of the whole school! So, can I go now? Please, please, please, please!” Dawn went on, begging Spike now, because she knew that he was the easier one to persuade.
“Well, Nibblet, I have nothing to say against it. If Angel agrees...” the bleached blond said and instantly Dawn aimed her puppy eyes towards Angel.
“It’s okay for me, no problem!” he assured her, as Drusilla tugged his arm, pushing him towards the exit, eager to go away.
“Alright! You’re wonderful, guys!” Dawn exulted, running upstairs to her room and coming back a few seconds after with her suitcases.
“Dawn, how long have you been planning this?” Buffy questioned her, astonished.
“Well, while you took care of Spike, I took care of my baggage...” her sister smiled, getting closer to her to say bye. “Don’t worry, I’ll be good and quiet, I won’t play the Slayer there...” she assured her, hugging her.
“I hope so. You know, L.A. is Angel’s town, there’ll be hell to pay if you dare steal the limelight from Mr. I-am-the-absolute-protagonist!” Spike commented, hugging her.
“Hey, I’m not a protagonist, I work in a team. You know, Cordy, Wes and Gunn help me a lot, and Lorne does his part, too... and Harm, well... she tries!” Angel defended himself once again. “Now, we better go or we’ll lost the train!” he changed subjects.
Dawn said bye to everyone and left with the two brunette vampires and shortly after Giles and the two witches went back home, too.

That night, Buffy and Spike were in their room, comfortably lying in their bed, after all the troubles of the day, but mostly of the previous ones.
Buffy seemed to be thoughtful.
“Wassup, sunshine?” he wondered, peppering her neck with small kisses that made her purr.
“Just think about it. Willow and Tara arrive late, the orb is completely black, so I’m totally soulless, what happens?” she wondered, tilting her head to give him more access.
“Well, I arrive there, I find out that you’ve lost your soul..” he trailed.
“And?” Buffy questioned him, fearing his answer.
“I don’t know exactly, but I’m sure of one thing: I wouldn’t have left you, my love, you know, I go wherever you go..”
“So, would you have still loved me ?”
“Of course I would, did you have any doubts about it?” he asked her, raising his eyebrow.
“Well, you’re the one who once told me that you couldn’t have ever loved my soulless version..” she made him notice.
“Pet, it was something that I said in the heat of the moment, there’s no way I couldn’t love you, soul or no soul, but maybe I am just afraid..”
“Afraid of what?”
“That you wouldn’t love me back anymore if you lost your soul. Sometimes, the people you love the most lose their souls and turn against you.. believe me, I know..” he explained, thinking about what had happened in his past and grieving.
“Believe me, it’s not my case. I know that I would love you even without my soul, when Dru and Angelus cast that spell on me I could feel my soul slip away bit by bit.. but my love for you was still there, I swear !” she assured him, kissing him. “Anyway, I’m happy for keeping it. I never want to hurt the people I love...” she commented. “Even if I was a little curious... I wonder how it would be...” she couldn’t help admitting, and that made him smile.
“Me, back to my old times, and you, soulless? Uhmm... I guess that this town would be ours in a heartbeat!” he laughed.
“Just this town?” she pretended to pout, acting insulted.

“You’re right, luv, at least the whole bloody continent!” he corrected himself and she seemed to be more satisfied. “Now, we just gotta leave those days behind our backs!” Spike suggested, caressing her hair.
“Hey, by the way, you said that you were going to make me forget my ugly night..” Buffy reminded him.
“Excuse me, weren’t you the one with short a memory span?” he observed.
“Well, it depends by what I want to remember!” she struck back, getting ‘threateningly’ closer to him.
“So, won’t you have some mercy for this pour bad wounded little vampy?” he wondered, acting defencelessly.
“Mm... sexy wounds!” she answered, licking his still half-burned face first, and then she opened his shirt, tracing his chest with her tongue, licking his still evident cuts and burns. She managed to get rid of his shirt and jumped on him, but she immediately stopped, hearing her Mate whine.

“Ouch! No, ouch, pet, ouch, pet, can’t ... yet!” Spike exclaimed, parting gently from her. “Still too weak... I’m afraid that we’ll have to wait for... that!” he explained, clearly upset.
She nodded, a little bit disappointed, rolling on her side again and getting ready to sleep, due to the incoming sunrise.
All of the sudden, she heard him chuckle.
“What’s so funny now?” she asked, without even opening her eyes.
“You. Because you’re such a gullible girl!” he answered, jumping on her as fast as a flash.
“You... dirty cheater!” she pretended to scold him, as he pulled off from her the at least two size bigger black T-shirt she always wore to sleep. “The only way to prevent you from ripping out some of my clothes is to wear yours!” she smiled, pulling him to her for an endless kiss. “I’m glad to find out that you are up for this, honey! And if you aren’t, feel free to drink from me as much as you please...” she explained, shifting into her game face and bringing her wrist to her mouth, but before she could bite down, he stopped her and she slipped back into her human features, questioning him with her eyes.
“There’s no need, luv...” he informed her, amazing his Mate when she saw him slip into his own demonic visage. “I guess I can do it on my own...” he whispered in her ear, bending over her neck and sinking his elongated canines into her skin.
“Oh, there’s my pretty vampy, I miss you sooo much!” she exulted between moans and purring, but she preferred not to bite him back, because she didn’t want him to get weak.

When he was done, she pulled him to her, kissing him without even waiting for him to come back to his human face.
“So, love, how does it feel to have a 24/7 open drinks machine that doesn’t even need a coin at your disposal?” she whispered, as she undid his pants and he pulled down her panties.
“Actually, I’m planning to insert something in this machine... but it’s not precisely a coin!” he chuckled, thrusting slowly inside her.
“Spike, you... piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!” she moaned, as they both reached the highest pleasure.
“Well, you’ve recovered fast!” she commented deeply satisfied, as he took a packet of cigarettes and his lighter out from his duster.
“You know, at least this time I wasn’t stuck in a bloody * wheelchair*!” he made her notice with a bitter tone, holding his cigarette between his lips as he lighted it.
“Uff, enough with that story! When will you quit holding that back against me?” she snorted, rolling her eyes.
“Uhmm... maybe in a two... or three hundred years!” he smiled, taking a drag.

------------------------------------------------------
THE DAY AFTER (EVENING)

LOS ANGELES

“I know, Willow and Buffy explained everything to me over the phone. Anyway, should we trust them?” Cordelia exclaimed, exchanging a look with Gunn, Wesley and Harmony when they saw Angel come back with Drusilla stuck to him and Dawn that followed them.
“I vouch for them both, no danger, so now trust them!” she assured them and the others seemed to be convinced.
“So, you are Drusilla...” Gunn trailed, getting closer to her with a seducing smile, but Angel pulled her closer to him even more.
“Gunn, why don’t you show Dawn her room?” the vampire asked him, but it wasn’t just a simple request, it was an order!
“Ok, I got you: hands off!” he struck back, turning to Dawn, but she wasn’t there anymore.
“Hi, I remember you; you were Buffy’s Watcher for a while...” the teenager said to Wesley as she cursed herself because, back on those days, she was only twelve tears old, so she hadn’t care about him very much. “Sure, maybe you don’t even remember me, because... after all ... they are fake memories, you know, being the key and everything...” she rambled smiling, until she almost passed out when Wesley smiled back to her.
“Of course I remember you, even if they are fake memories, it’s impossible to forget such a nice and spicy little girl as you were, Dawn, and I also remember every yawn of yours when you were forced to stay at some of our reunions with Buffy and the others...” he explained and she cursed herself twice for not being more careful. “Well, I hope you’ll have a good time here with us...” he smiled at her, lowering his glasses.
“I’ll surely do!” she tweeted charmed.

“Dawn, I’m so happy that you want to be an actress. First, I’ll take you to the studios where I filmed a spot a few months ago...” Cordelia exulted hugging her.
Harmony had got closer to Drusilla, but with a not so friendly attitude.
“Hey, Angel, this is not right, I was the exclusive vampire secretary here!” she complained, snorting.
“Well, from now on you’ll be two and, Cordy, maybe she’ll help you with the visions!” he informed her, as the brunette vampiress was still speechless, due to her confusion.
“Maybe, but remember, I’m the one who started everything with you, so I ‘m still the one who gets paid the most!” Cordelia clarified. “Well, Dark girl, now that I know that you can’t hurt me anymore, I think we’ll get along very well!” she smiled at her.
The vampiress looked at her so deeply that Cordelia was afraid.
“You see things... just like me!” she exclaimed, smiling at her.
“Well, my visions are way more painful, it’s not about talking with the stars or whispering to the wind... but they are as confusing as yours!” the other brunette smiled again, as Dawn remembered something that she had to find out.
“Hey, Dru, I’d like to know a certain thing…”

TBC

So, are you ready for the epilogue?
I’m just planning to make you laugh, so get ready to laugh! ;)