Thank you so much, Beth!

PART 7

“Tell me it’s not what I think it is!” Angel snapped, looking askance at them.
“Angel, I can explain!” Buffy tried to justify, making him sit down.
-------------------------------------------
“… and that’s the whole story..” Buffy ended, standing behind her Sire, dreading a sharp reaction from Angel.
And she dreaded right.
In fact, Angel jumped up, walking nervously back and forward.
“Let me see if I got it straight; you got drunk..” he exclaimed, gazing coldly at both of the blondes.
“.. * you* turned her..” he went on, turned just to Spike that faced his gaze fearlessly, holding his Childe’s hand .
“.. and * you* let him!” he snapped, looking Buffy upset.

“Angel, I’ve already told you it was because..”
“What the hell were you waiting for to tell me?” Angel interrupted her, yelling.
“We were just taking time to find the best way to let you know, and it shouldn’t be this one.. After all, it’s happened just for two weeks..” she tried to justify.
“Why didn’t you kill him for what he did to you?” he asked, pointing at Spike.
“I can’t..” she answered.
“Sure, because he’s your Sire!” he figured it out.
“No. Because.. I.. I lo… I love him!” she found the courage to admit that.
“What? You can’t love him, he’s evil, he might have brainwashed you! Let me help you..” the vampire went on, approaching.
“No. You don’t know.. he’s changed, believe me. Lots of stuff happened since the last time you have seen him.. He really loves me. And I love him, and it’s not due to the bond. I’m sorry, you know you meant so, so very much to me, and still do..”
“Oh, yeah, I mean so much to you, but I can’t satisfy you properly, and now that you can’t attend the ‘Human Club’ anymore you turned to the first available guy!” he yelled at Buffy, and then he threw an icy glare at Spike.
“And you, you took advantage of the situation, of course, now that she is your Childe you can have her at your whole disposal whenever you want!” he snapped, walking towards the door.

“Angel, now it’s your anger speaking for you, I know that you don’t really mean it..” she tried to make him reason.
“Shut up, I’ve been such a stupid, I thought you were different. And I was about to help you, to warn you, to give you information.. you know what? Suit yourselves! You, bitch, and you.. well, I can’t even find an enough offensive word for you..” he hissed, leaving and ignoring her attempt to stop him.

After all, Buffy was also busy calming down Spike and holding him still, because after hearing Angel insult her beloved he was blind with rage and he was ready to punch him badly, but a fight between the two vamps was the last thing Buffy needed.

“He didn’t take it very good..” Buffy commented, upset.
“Pet, don’t take his words too seriously, maybe he didn’t even realized what he was saying..” Spike comforted her.
“I know.. now he just needs to be alone to cool down his rage.. then I’m sure he will accept it!” she said, but it was clear that she was sad.
“You know, he would have to know it sooner or later, it just happened in the worst way!” he tried to defuse the situation.
“Honey, I’m not sure anymore he’ll lend me his ring..” she observed, with a bitter smile.
He smiled back at her the same way, and then he became serious.
“Before you arrived, he hinted something, and it’s nothing good; we’d better talk with Rupert and the Scooby gang tomorrow..”
“Ok, even if it’s not fair, I mean, I have a free night and I gotta spend it into what I bet will be a long research!” she snorted.
-------------------------------------------------------

The evening after they got ready to go to Giles’ home.
That day, Dawn hadn’t even come back home, leaving a note explaining that she would spend the whole day with Justin and she wouldn’t be back before midnight.
The little girl was spending more and more time with that guy, but Buffy and Spike understood that and they saw that just as an innocent crush between teenagers.

“Five days to the big event!” Buffy exclaimed, on their way to Giles.
“What?” Spike asked, looking at her puzzled.
“My birthday!” she snapped, insulted due to the fact that he had forgotten that.
“So?”
“So?! I want a party, that’s obvious!”
“What?! Pet, what’s the sense of celebrating your birthday when you know you’ll be forever twenty?” he pointed out.
“Spike, don’t even try! I have had a party for each of my birthdays, it’s a tradition and I don’t wanna stop it for any reason! End of this speech, and you’d better buy me a present!” she summoned him, arriving to Giles’ house.

TBC

I hope you’ll like it! ;)