Thank you!

PART 8

Since she had become a vampire, it was the first time that she went to her Watcher’s house.
But, forgetting that little detail, she tried to get in determinedly .. and found a barrier preventing her from crossing the threshold.
Giles was on the other side and he remedied that immediately, inviting Spike and her in.
That was her first barrier, and it wasn’t a pleasant feeling at all, to want to reach a place and to feel an obstacle, as if your presence wouldn’t be liked.
That reminded her of the time when Spike had declared his love to her, putting himself even against his Sire, and Buffy not only had asked Willow to perform the un-invite spell for him, but she also had slammed the door in his face even after seeing the pleading look in his eyes.
She couldn’t figure out how he could still love her after all the times she had been a bitch to him.

“Come on, pet, get in!” Spike took her mind off her thoughts, because he was already inside the house.
So, she quit thinking about the sad past, meeting the others.
“So, Spike, tell us what Angel told you..” Giles incited him.
“Well, there’s not much to say he said that Schlecht is back and I bet he was about to add that he is just here, in Sunnyhell..” he explained.
“Schlecht.. Schlecht… This name isn’t new to me..” Giles muttered, taking one of his books out of the bookshelf, skimming it quickly.
“Here it is; Schlecht: a powerful evil wizard..” Giles started reading.
“Update your dusty books, Rupert! The real story is more complicated, first he was a wizard, then, eager to be immortal, he forced a vampire to turn him.. about 200 years ago..” the bleached blond informed him.
“Just tell me, Dead Boy Jr., how do you know that?” Xander asked, watching him with diffidence.
After all, he still couldn’t trust Spike completely.
“Bloody Hell, Whelp, when will you learn to trust me? Angel, rather Angelus, told me that when I was still a fledging, truth is that Schlecht’ s Sire was just one of Angelus’ minions. In fact, Angelus didn’t like the news and faced him, and he almost had his wings.. I mean his fangs clipped! And that proves how bloody dangerous our enemy is! Anyway, Angelus made a truce with two powerful witches and together they managed to send him into another dimension, but now it seems that he broke the spell.. ” Spike explained.

Willow and Tara exchanged an understanding look, and the vampire noticed it.
“ I know what you’re thinking, wiccas, no matter how powerful you are, that spell is lost forever, and even if you managed to find it, it can be performed only once..” he warned them.

“You said that Mr. Unspeakable-Name ‘s Sire is just a simple minion.. I can’t see how he could be that dangerous..” Buffy commented.
“No matter who his Sire is, he’s powerful due to his magic, not to his line..” Spike told her.
“I understand, anyway, it’s not enough, we need to know more, and I bet Angel is the one who knows more. I would go to him to make him talk, but I must go back to London, due to an important research..” Giles said.
Xander was about to say something, but Anya cut him, pointing her index at him.
“No, Mr., don’t even try! I know you wanna help just to leave the town for a couple of days! Well, no way; we still have to finish all the preparations for marriage, plus you know this weekend your family is going to pay a visit to us, and I’m not going to receive them all alone. And of course, you can’t leave me two days without having se..”
Xander closed her mouth.
“Ok, Anya, stop it! You’ve been very persuasive, honey, I’ll stay!” he said, rolling his eyes.. thinking about what they were about to face.

“Don’t worry, I’ll go talk to B.B.B. !” Spike exclaimed, determined.
Everyone, except for Buffy, looked at him puzzled.
“He means Angel!” the blonde explained, and then she turned to her Mate, concerned.
“Honey, I don’t think that’s a good idea..”
“Buffy, I’m the one who knows him better, so I know how to make him talk! Besides, it’s been two days since he found out about our bond.. I guess by now he will be ready to have a civil conversation!” he explained, caressing her face.
“Anyway, be careful..” she begged him, not calmed down at all.
“Don’t worry, I know how to defend myself. I’d better leave now, it’s still dark outside; so I can reach L.A. before dawn, I’ll be back in two days!” he kissed her goodbye before leaving, ignoring the others staring at them, mostly because they were still trying to get used to those scenes.

------------------------------------------------------------
As she came back home, Buffy found Dawn, who had just came back from her date with Justin.
“Hi, Dawnie, it seems we are back to the old times, Spike will be away for two days, it’s just me and you!” she informed her.
“Oh, yeah, so you’re forced to spend two days alone with your irritating sister, and that sucks. Sure! After all, no one really cares about me!” her sister snapped, with an acid tone, throwing daggers at her with her eyes.
“What?” Buffy exclaimed, shocked when she heard her talking like that.
Suddenly, Dawn’s look softened and she seemed to wake up from a trance.

“Uh! Sorry, Buffy, I didn’t mean what I said, I don’t know what possessed me. Well, probably I’m just tired, bye!” the teenager apologized, going to her room.
Buffy knew her moody days, so she didn’t give much importance to that.

TBC

I hope you’ll like it! ;)