Thank you so much, Beth and Cordykitten ! ;)

PART 9

It had been two days since Spike had left, and as she’d expected, as she came back from work, Buffy found him waiting for her.
What she hadn’t expected, was the black eye he sported.
“Honey, what happened?” she asked alarmed while hugging him.
“Well, let’s say I was wrong ‘bout the civil conversation. But I gave it back to ‘Granddaddy’, you know, after what he dared name you it was inevitable!” he smiled.
“By the way, he apologized and said he wasn’t really himself when he told you those things.. ‘Bout what he told me.. he really thought that and still does.. he bloody proved me that. OUCH!” he said, touching his face.
“Oh, poor my baby!” she cuddled him, kissing the beaten eye.
“Here, let me make it better!”

“Anyway, after the fight he finally talked to me and it’s not good news; it seems that our enemy is in town ‘cause he’s looking for a queen with whom he could take the world over!” he explained.
“Here we go with the ‘Ruling the World’ mania. Couldn’t they just entertain themselves with golf or free climbing?” she exclaimed snorting.
He chuckled.
“Even in the worst situations, you always manage to joke.. I love that ’bout you!” he commented, putting a lock behind her ear.
“So.. do you love me just for that?” she pretended to pout.
“You already know the answer to that, love!” he smiled.
They were about to kiss, but he stopped.
“No, wait, I haven’t finished yet, there’s bloody more; he also seems to be very powerful; I told you he’s a vampire, but his magic allows him to stay in the sunlight, plus he could take any aspect, and last, but not least, he even manages to dominate people’s minds, but only people that give him much trust!” he informed her.
“Damn! It won’t be easy to defeat him..” she commented, worried.
“As a wizard he’s practically unbeatable.. maybe being a vampire could paradoxically be his only weakness. Anyway, love, there’s nothing we can’t face if we’re together!” he reassured her, kissing her tenderly.

“How does Dawn seem to you lately?” Buffy asked, breaking the kiss.
“Uh! Well.. as usual, and when I told her she could invite the boy she fancies to your birthday party she was so happy! Why did you ask me that?”
“You know.. in these last days, she has acted kinda weirdly, and she was so moody sometimes!” she said.
“She’s a teenager, of course she is moody!” Spike smiled, without being concerned about that.
“Now.. wanna give a ‘proper’ welcome back to your Mate, pet?” he whispered and she just jumped on him.
They ended up loving each other until sunrise.
------------------------------------------------------------------

The day Buffy waited for so bad finally came.
There were all of her friends and someone more, because Spike, believing in the motto ‘The more we are, the better is’, had invited one of his friends of the bar he usually went to, Clem.
Clem was a demon with big ears, pink scaled skin, and although he was a little bit scary due to his aspect, he was very pacific and extremely friendly, so much that he had conquered everyone with his likeableness, especially Buffy.
Buffy had also invited one of her colleagues, Sophie, although she was very shy, clumsy and she was allergic to almost everything, and the most curios thing was that among all the people.. Clem was the one she got along with the most.

Dawn and Justin still missed.
Finally, they arrived, and as soon as she heard the ring bell Buffy hurried to open the door, along with Spike.
“Come in, guys!” Buffy invited them.
“So, you are the famous Justin. Hi, I’m Buffy!” she introduced herself to him.

< Slayer, finally we meet!> Justin thought, shaking her hand.

He immediately noticed that there was something unusual in her, and when he figured out what it was he made a huge effort to hide his amazement.
“And this is Spike!” Dawn smiled, introducing him.
Hearing that name Justin startled.

< Spike? * That * Spike? It can’t be..>

Spike seemed to notice that and when they parted, he took Buffy to a corner.
“You know, I don’t like him, there’s something.. and I don’t bloody like the way he tries to isolate Dawn..” he commented, watching him suspiciously.
“Yeah, you keep saying the same thing about every guy she likes! Sometimes.. you remind me of a father who is very jealous of his daughter!” Buffy made fun of him.

On the other side, Anya and Xander were chatting, too.
“Are you sure, honey?” the brunette asked her.
“Absolutely yes, and there’s no way you can make me change my mind! So, do it..” she answered, inflexible.
“But..”
“I said ‘Do it!’. I’ll take care of Buffy.. you gotta deal with Spike!” the girl ordered, coming closer to Buffy.
“May you and I have a little speech?” she asked, taking Buffy to a corner with her.
Before Spike could realized what had happened, he found Xander in front of him.
“I guess I also have something to tell you..” he said, inviting him to sit with him.
“Should I be scared?” Spike asked, a little bit worried.
He was already black eyed due to Angel.. and it was still visible.. so, he didn’t want to add to that!
“Well, that depends..”

TBC

I hope you’ll like it! ;)