Chapter 3

Spike and Buffy barely made it through the front door of his house before lunging at each other. Spike's keys fell to the floor as he kicked the door shut and pivoted, holding on to Buffy while his lips ravaged hers. He pinned her against the door and hurriedly pulled her jacket off. Their lips never breaking contact, they each let their hands roam over the other's body. Buffy ripped open Spike's shirt and ran her nails down the smooth, hard planes of his chest and then planted her hands flat against it and pushed until he was backed into the wall of the foyer. Attacking his lips again, she jumped up and wrapped her legs around him. His hands came up to hold her in place as she reached between their bodies and unzipped him. Pulling his raging erection from the confining material of his pants, she quickly thrust herself onto him.

Spike pulled away to stare up at her in amazement of being sheathed inside her. She stared back at him as they both tried to catch their breath. Getting his bearings, Spike spun them around and pushed her into the wall, moving inside her at a furious pace, almost afraid that she would leave if he didn't. Buffy threw her head back and reached behind her head to get some leverage as she ground herself onto him again and again. The blinding pleasure shooting through both of them was almost enough to make them dizzy. After several minutes of moving together, Spike changed angles to better grind himself against her. Buffy gasped, feeling the tell-tale burning in the pit of her stomach. She pushed herself down onto him again and again, needing to seek out her release. Spike, feeling her body change, slid his hand in between them to circle her clit. When he couldn't hold off his own climax anymore, he pinched it lightly, sending her screaming into oblivion. Satisfied that she was sated, Spike reached around, grabbing her to steady himself and pounded quickly into her, finding his own release just seconds later, spilling himself within her welcoming body.

When the blinding pleasure subsided a minute later, he raised his head from where it was pillowed on her breast and looked at her. Buffy exhaled slowly and then ran her fingers along the sharp contours of his cheekbones before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on his lips. Suddenly, Spike's eyes snapped up to hers, and his breath caught.

"Oh God, Buffy, I'm sorry.we didn't.I didn't use anything.it all happened so." he stopped when he felt the pressure of her fingertips against his lips.

"Spike, I'm on the pill. It's okay as long as you're." she trailed off, not knowing what to say.

Spike breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm clean, Buffy." And then with a smile he added, "I don't go around. What was it that you said? Oh yes, picking up groupies."

Buffy blushed and buried her head in his shoulder before letting out a gasp. She raised up to meet his eyes and said, "Oh my God, that's me.I-I'm a.groupie!"

Spike let out a loud chuckle before replying, "Trust me, luv, you are anything but that."

Buffy seemed to breathe a little easier at that.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you asked if I wanted to go somewhere, and you didn't even know my name, and."

"It's okay, pet, but for the record, I just wanted to get to know you better."

"Okay, but for your information, you are really hot, so this would have been the outcome of tonight, even if you weren't famous," she said with a bright smile.

"Thanks ever so."

She smiled again, and when she realized that he was still imbedded inside, she felt a blush creeping into her cheeks before straightening her legs to the floor. They separated from each other, both surprised that they already missed being in intimate contact with each other.

"So, would you like to see my bedroom, luv?" Spike asked with a devilish twinkle in his eye. Buffy smiled and took his hand.

"I can't think of anything I'd rather do more."

"Well, I don't know about that. I can think of a few." he cut himself off with a smile as he felt her lightly smack his shoulder.

* * * * *

Spike woke up later than usual the next morning and reached for the warm body he fell asleep next to earlier in the morning. He briefly smiled as the memory of the vigorous night of love-making came back to him, but the smile was gone in an instant when his hand encountered nothing but cold sheets against his fingertips.

"Bloody hell!"

He jumped out of bed and grabbed the closest jeans he could find. Running out of his room and trying to pull a t-shirt over his head, he did a quick search of the house, calling Buffy's name to see if she was still there. Not able to find her, he went searching for his car keys and found them under a plant in the foyer five minutes later. He grabbed his cell phone and ran out of the house.

* * * * *

"'Lo."

"Xander, wake up, it's me."

"Spike? Hey, buddy, what're you doing calling me this early?"

"It's after two, Xand. Listen, I need your help. Did you by any chance get Red's number last night?"

"Willow? Yeah, I've got it around here somewhere, why?"

"I need you to call her and find out where Buffy lives."

"What? Spike, what are you talking about?"

"Xand, I woke up this morning, and she wasn't there. I just left the hotel she was staying at, and all they would tell me was she checked out this morning. They won't tell me where she was going or give out any personal information."

"Alright, man, I'll see what I can do. Give me ten minutes, and I'll call you back."

"Thanks, mate."

Forty-five minutes later, the phone finally rang.

"It's about soddin' time!" he yelled into the phone.

"Chill out, man. It took a little more persuading than I thought to get her to tell me. Anyway, the Buffster lives in a little town called Sunnydale."

"Sunnydale. Okay, man, I think I know where that is. Thank you, and tell Red you owe her a kiss for me."

"How did you.?"

"Xander, you asked for the chit's phone number- that never happens. I knew there had to be something there. Tell her thank you, and thanks again, mate."

* * * * *

Buffy sighed as she watched the sink fill with soapy water to do the dishes later that night. She knew she shouldn't miss him. It was just a fling, a one night stand, and that was it. She pulled her long hair in a high ponytail before starting the dishes. Then why did she feel so miserable?

Hearing the doorbell ring a few minutes later, Buffy sighed again. Looking down at her white spaghetti strap tank top and hip-hugging jeans, she grabbed a dish towel and wiped the excess water off of her hands on the way to the door.

She pulled open the door and gasped at seeing the object of her thoughts on the other side.

Spike stood there in black dress pants and a royal blue dress shirt that made his eyes seem electric. His trademark duster was in place, and he looked at her almost sheepishly before giving her a shy smile.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, swallowing hard.

At that, his smile brightened. "Is that all you ever say when you see me?"

"Well, I'm trying to remember the last time I opened a door and you weren't there, but you didn't answer my question."

Spike frowned slightly at the tone of her voice before pulling a hand out from behind his back and presenting her with a beautiful red rose.

"I missed you."

Buffy gulped again before reaching out and accepting the flower. Instead of releasing it to her, Spike stepped forward with her movement and pressed his lips to hers. Each enjoyed the feel of the other's body too much to let go right away. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her even closer to him. Upon hearing a movement behind the woman in his arms, Spike slowly pulled away and looked over her shoulder. He felt Buffy tense up as he looked back at her in confusion before he glanced over her shoulder again. Buffy turned and walked further into the house to crouch down next to the little girl with blond hair and chocolate brown eyes.

Taking a deep breath, she said, "Spike, I'd like you to meet Caitlyn.my daughter."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N The song is "There You Were" performed by Jessica Simpson and Mark Anthony