Chapter 19 – Plan B


The next day, the four met in the lobby again. Spike’s conversation with Wesley had gone better than expected. He was obviously shocked that his Slayer was now a vampire, but surprisingly, he was happy with Buffy’s decision to turn him. Spike had been shocked at the relief in his voice, but he shook it off.

“So when are we leaving for Sunnydale?” Angel asked as he gathered some weapons together.

“Whenever we find out if Cassidy is there.”

“Hate to break it to you, pet, but if she is there, she’s not going to walk up to Gunn and Fred and announce her presence,” Spike replied. “How exactly are you planning on finding her?”

“I’d have to say whenever I pinpoint her location.”

All four turned at the voice in the doorway before Buffy let out a squeal and went running for the woman standing there. “Willow!”

The women hugged for several minutes while the others watched. Buffy was the first to pull away. “You made it! I wasn’t sure when I left that message yesterday if you got it, but here you are, and you look great, by the way.”

Willow smiled at the friend she hadn’t seen in years. “Of course I made it, Buff. Nobody messes with my best friend and gets away with it.”

The two women walked toward the group where Willow and Cordy shared a friendly hug. “How’ve you been, Cordy?”

“Oh, you know, run a business, slay some demons…the usual. You?”

Willow laughed. “Not nearly as busy, but I’m good.”

“Where’s Tara?” Buffy asked.

“She couldn’t make it, but she sends her love,” Willow said before turning to the taller man in the room. “Angel, it’s been forever.”

“Yeah…over ten years. I’m glad you’ve been doing okay.”

“You, too,” she said with a friendly smile before turning and facing the last man in the group. “And you must be the newest Slayer/vampire to our group. I’m Willow.”

“Nice to meet you, Red. Buffy’s told me a lot about you.”

“Really? I was beginning to think she had forgotten about me,” she said, shooting a look at her friend. Buffy looked down sheepishly as Willow stared at her.

“So, you’re going to help locate our troublesome vamp?” Angel asked.

“Yep. Normally I need something of hers for the locator spell, but we’ll just have to make do. It may take a little longer, but we’ll find her,” she said as she began pulling objects out of her bag to begin the spell.

After several minutes of chanting, Willow stared at the map in front of her as a bright light began shining on it. “Yep, she’s in Sunnydale…and it looks like she’s not alone.”

“How can you tell?” Spike asked, looking over her shoulder at the light.

“It’s a lot brighter than it’s supposed to be. It’s also a little bit bigger, indicating she’s planning something or assembling something.”

“Great,” Spike muttered. “So it’s back to Sunnyhell then. Bloody priceless.”

“I thought you wanted to go back?” Buffy asked.

“Not if Miss High and Mighty is assembling the troops, waiting for a massacre.”

“Yeah, but you’re forgetting something,” Buffy said. “We have a secret weapon.”

“And what’s that?”

“You,” she said casually.

Spike raised an eyebrow. “Me?”

“Yeah, that’s right,” Angel agreed. “Cassidy took off before she saw that you were turned. She’ll never be expecting you.”
“Yep,” Buffy said proudly before turning to Willow. “What about you, Will? You heading home now?”

“What? And miss my friend kick some serious butt? Not likely, missy.”

Buffy smiled. “Great! Let’s head out, then.”

After the bags and weapons were loaded into Angel’s convertible, Buffy snuggled into Spike’s side. They were sharing the backseat with Willow and some crossbows. Spike eagerly put his arm around Buffy and pulled her closer, kissing her temple. “I don’t know if I like this,” he whispered as Angel started the car.

“Don’t like what?”

“I don’t want to risk losing you.”

“You’re not going to lose me, Spike. I can handle whatever she throws my way. Besides, I have you and the gang watching my back. Plus,” she added, looking at Willow. “A mega-strong witch. So you see, nothing to worry about.”

Spike clenched his jaw but didn’t say anything else as they left the city.