Chapter 6-

A few days had gone by and Buffy hadn't woken up yet, but Spike could tell that she was getting better. The slayers color in her cheeks were beginning to return, blood pressureseemed normal, and the gash on her head was healing nicely.

When she thrashed back and forth, Spike would sooth her with kind words, letting her know that everything would be ok and that they'd get off the island somehow. He just hoped that her witch friend could perform a miracle right about now.

******
The vampire was feeling a bit hungry and decided to head off into the jungle to find food. The slayer called out for Spike, but he was to far away to hear her. And unbeknownst to her, the time traveling demon's portal opened and he stepped out. He stood there, hovering over body, and smiled evilly down at her.


Willow had been tracking the demon and finally, after what seemed like forever, had found him. As she tapped into his powers, the witch watched on unable to do anything at the moment.



Kneeling down next to the slayer, the time travel demon whispered into her ear. "Aww, poor Slayer. So defenseless.I could kill you right now, but." He lingered for a moment, sensing Willow watching. "But I shall let you live." He sprinkled some dust over Buffy body and she instantly began to chill. She was sicker than a dog now.



Buffy had been a thorn in his side for many years, although this demon hadn't made him self known. She was always preventing the latest apocalypse he'd set up, which irritated him more than anything. Something must be done to end her reign as Slayer.

The last one would have gone through if that pesky vampire didn't get in the way. Even if I let life here, that damn witch would save them.

The demon sighed as he shook his head. It wasn't a win, win situation like he hoped it would be. He had too many loose ends to take care of.

Once of which, the witch, he thought as he looked up at the sky.

"Don't worry slayer." He leaned back in, whispering in her ear. "I may let her watch you and that incepted vampire die."

The demon stood up abruptly as he sensed Spike's presence nearby, opened a portal next to him, and he quickly jumped in.

"Soon," the demon echoed as he disappeared into the portal.

Spike walked out onto the beach, stopping quickly as he looked around. He'd sensed that something had been there, but Buffy calls caught his attention.

"Spike." She called out as her head thrashed about. "Where are you.Spike!"

He knelt down next to her with a pained expression on his face. Seeing her laid up like that was tugging on his undead heart.

"Right here, Slayer," Spike said, softly.

The slayer still hadn't opened her eyes yet and Spike had hoped she would soon.

"Spike!"

"I'm right here, darlin'." He soothed her as he caressed her face and realized she was burning up with fever. "Bloody hell, slayer.you're burnin' up." He stood up and began to pace back and forth, blaming himself for not being able to do more for her. After several minutes, he stopped pacing and said, "No sense in blaming myself. I gotta bring down the fever some how."

As Spike knelt down next to Buffy, he'd remembered something from yesterday. He'd found a large cave and he'd gone in, making sure it was safe in case it was necessary to go to. Inside there was a spring filled with fresh water. It was large enough to wade in it and he knew instantly that's the place where he needed to take Buffy now. Something about it, had drawn him since that day.

When Spike gently picked her up, Buffy leaned her head on his shoulder and held on to him.

Looking down at the beautiful woman in his arms, Spike realized that it had felt right. They fit together, perfectly, like they were meant to be as one. He smiled, heading towards his destination.

It was so dark in the cave that Spike couldn't see. His blue eyes flashed gold and then his demon came forth, allowing him to see. Several moments had passed, and the spring came into his view. With one hand, Spike laid his beloved duster on the ground, and set Buffy down as gently as he could.

"Spike's gonna make you all better."

He removed all her clothing, sans bra and panties, and set them aside. It didn't matter if she'd be pissed at him or not. He wanted to bring her fever down and this was the only thing he could think of to do so.

For a moment, Spike stared at her body and he'd realized she'd lost a lot of weight. It wasn't just from being on this island that had caused it. It was something else, but what, he didn't know.

"What's happened to you slayer you're so bleedin' tiny."

The vampire quickly removed his pants and his boots, carried her over to the spring, and stepped in. The spring was a little cool, but it was nothing that he couldn't handle. He just hoped it would bring her fever down soon. As he waded in the spring with her, Spike watched her, before long, her fever had gone down, as he expected it to.

Opening her eyes momentarily, Buffy looked up at Spike, who was still in vamp mode, reaching up with a shaky hand, and caressed his face before passing out once again. He was shocked at the tenderness she had showed him. If his heart could have skipped a beat, it would have.

Leaning forward, he placed a soft kiss on her head, and then stepped out of the spring. He laid her on his duster, dried her off, dressed her and wrapped her snuggly into the duster.

Spike then pulled his pants on and then his boots and went searching for some wood. While he was out getting the wood, he'd found his journal and brought it with him. When he returned, he built a fire and watched as the warm glow danced along the walls. The only time he moved was to get food for each of them.

TBC