Chapter 8-



As Spike walked into the jungle, he quickly caught his dinner. When he finished, he decided to go for a walk to clear his head. He couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss Buffy had given him. He could still feel her lips on his. If he had to admit it right now, he’d want to do it all over again, and he didn’t know where he would stop.


While he made his way further into the jungle, Spike spotted something red and white forty or 50 feet head of him. He pushed his way through the think foliage until he come a crossed twin engine plane. It had been there quite awhile as the rust had almost taken it over. The windows had been cracked from the crash landing.



There were several types of plants or other various things growing on it, that Spike couldn’t identify, which didn’t surprise him much. He wasn’t much for the sciences. The vines from the trees had weaved in and out of the windows, making it hard to see inside. Birds and other animals had made their home inside the plane.



Stepping closer to the plane, Spike was careful not to disturb anything. He peeked inside, noticed that there were three passengers; two adults and one child, was still strapped in. Spike figured that they died on impact.



Scratching his head, Spike wondered how this family ended up on this particular island. Of course, he didn’t know where the hell he was to begin with and figured that he and Buffy were in a place similar to the Bermuda Triangle. How they were going to get out, was another question.



Spike turned to head back to the cave, when he tripped over something, and landed face first on the ground.



“What the bloody hell?” He sat up quickly, cleaning himself off.



He had tripped over a large brown leather suitcase. Pulling closer to him, Spike looked at it circumspectly. It was still in fairly good shape, despite the zipper being a little rusty. He carefully unzipped it, and discovered both men and women’s clothing. It sure was going to come in hand for as long as they may be on the island. How ever long it would be.



Spike pulled out a black tee shirt, slipped it on, and zipped the suitcase back up. He rose to his feet and went back to the cave, suitcase in hand.



*************

The slayer walked inside the cave, half expecting to see Spike sitting there waiting for her, unfortunately he wasn’t. She was all ready to tell him the truth about everything, but now that he wasn’t there, she sure wasn’t sure if she did. Before she sat down, she lit a fire, giving the cave a little bit of light.



“Why should he be here?” She sighed as she sat down, wrapping herself in Spike’s duster. “I made a complete fool of myself.”



Buffy brought the lapel of the duster up to her nose, inhaling Spike’s unique scent as she reminisced about their times together.



It smelled of tobacco and whiskey, and it made her miss her Spike even more. She closed her eyes, holding back the tears that were threatening to spill over, when Spike entered the cave. He watched her as he leaned up against the entrance and eyed her curiously, wondering what it was that was making her so sad. He wished she would tell him.



Buffy knew he Spike was standing there, watching her, but she couldn’t say a word to him. She froze up, afraid he’d say something about the duster or worse, the kiss. She dreaded that more than anything else right now.



Making his presence known, Spike made his way further into the cave, hulled the suitcase over to her, and threw it down in front of her. When she heard the thud in front of her, Buffy opened her eyes, inspecting what she found.



“Well, you gonna open it or stare at it, slayer?” He asked a little too mockingly, which he hadn’t intended to do.



Mentally slapping himself, Spike sat down on a rock a crossed from her.



She inhaled a little too noisily as she unzipped the suitcase and flipped it open.



“Where’d you find this?” Buffy asked, picking through the clothes, and finding a white summer dress with. She pulled it out in front of her, looking it over, and realizing it was her size. It certainly would be cooler than the jeans I’m wearing.



“Suites you!”



For the moment they were caught up in each others gaze. When Buffy realized she’d been staring, she averted her gaze to the white dress as she set in down in her lap. He was still looking at her, thinking how beautiful she was. Oh he’d always believed she was cute, but he’d never spent anytime with her, to really get to know her. Now that he has, Spike was almost wishing he wasn’t a vampire. She needs someone who she could depend on. Someone she can trust.



“Spike, I need to be honest with you…” She ran a hand through her hair, wishing she had something to clip her hair up with.



“’bout what?” He asked surprised.



What is she going to tell me? He wondered.



“Why I really came to you in the warehouse…”



Spike looked at her as he carefully listened to her. He could see how hard it was for her to be honest. He wished her could take the pain away from her.



“Yeah.” He prompted her to continue.



“I should just say…” She paused caught up in her thoughts.



After a few moments, Spike began to get a little antsy. “Well?”



“I came back from the future, Spike!”



There I finally said it. She looked over at him and he had this amused look on his face. He doesn’t believe me! Oh god, he doesn’t believe me. She flashed back on when she told him she loved him and he didn’t believe her.



In response, Spike began laughing. “Heh, that’s a good one, slayer.”



“Damn it Spike! Would you listen to me?” Buffy rose to her feet, letting the duster fall to the ground, and walked over to Spike. He stared at her for a moment, wondering what she was going to do.



When he seen the expression on her face, Spike realized she was pissed, and his smile faded.



“You’re an asshole, you know that.” She slugged him in the nose, hard enough to break it. She so wanted to kick his ass right about now, but stepped back, calming herself down.



“Ow, bloody hell, you broke my nose,” He stood up, yelling as he held his nose.



“Quit you’re belling aching,” Buffy said, sitting back down. “May I continue?”



“Go head…” came his muffled response.



“I’m from 2004…A future where you’re…you’re…dead,” She swallowed hard.



“Finally staked my ass, did ya?”



With her steely eyed glare, Spike quickly moved away from her. He half expected her to get up and kick his ass all over the cave, but she didn’t answer with words, but with tears. Spike fidgeted for a moment wondering if she could go hold her.



Bugger it. He knelt down beside her, and held her as she cried.



“I’m sorry, slay…Buffy. I’m such a git. I don’t know what I was thinking. I can be a right bastard sometimes.”



It felt so good to be in his arms, but she had to tell him. She had to do it before things went to far and then she’d never be able to tell him.



“Spike,” she pushed him away. “I’m sorry about the nose.”



He smiled in response.



“I need to tell you this. Please don’t interrupt me.”



“Fair enough.”



Shaking her head, she pursed her lips before continuing. “This is so hard to say. I can understand you not believing me. It is a crazy story.” She wiped her tears away. “I came back to save you. This demon who sent us here, is trying to kill you. I figure that by him taking us out of our dimension, he’s changed everything and all the good that we’re going to do together.”



Spike was trying to process everything she was telling him. He knew she was carrying a heavy load, but there was more, he could see it in her eyes and he wanted to take her pain away.



TBC