Thank you so, so much, esp. to Caitie, I’m glad that you’re so happy when I update!! ;-)
Here there will be tons of new people.. but you wont’ like some of them..

Chapter 19

As soon as they had spread the news about the potential purchase of the private studio room, they had to confront different reactions about it; Willow’s parents were very happy by it, of course, since their house was the most requested place for practices. Joyce, Buffy’s mom, on the other hand, was very upset, because the few times they had practiced at her house, she hadn’t been around, so she still hadn’t had the chance to meet the famous William of whom Buffy kept talking about.

In the meantime, Angel had met Anya and after two days the girl was ready to show the private studio room to her potential buyers.

The four guys arrived on time, thanks to a very clever Anya’s device. She knew of Angel’s allergy to punctuality, so she told him she would meet them at 3:30 p.m., when in reality she wouldn’t be there before 4:00 p.m..

Anya greeted them enthusiastically, and after the respective introductions, she led them into the studio room.
“C’mon, there’s no time to waste! Time is money, money that will end in my pockets... and... Uff... into the other former members’ pockets, too!” she exclaimed, snorting at the last part, as the others followed her, wondering if there was a girl who was blunter than her in the whole world.

Once they arrived, Anya drew out the key and opened the door. It was a large room, with a good electrical system and a soundproof wall for the drums.
“As you can see, the drums are already in, so you won’t have to use yours anymore!” Anya said, turning to William.
“Well, but... my drums are my drums…” the boy protested weakly.
“I can’t see where the problem is, all the drums are the same!” she struck back.
“C’mon, honey, don’t tell me that you’re so fond of your drums that you’ve named them… as you did with Desy!” Buffy mocked him, but only William and she knew what they were talking about.
“Of course, not!” he defended.

< I’ll never tell anyone that I call my drums Miss Boom! That’s a secret I’m gonna take to my grave...> he thought as he denied everything.


Anya had showed them every part of the room, and the little room aside, too.
“As you can figure out by the snack and drinks’ machines and by the sofa, this is the ‘break corner’. But since you are two couples... I guess this is going to become the ‘snogging corner’!” Anya exclaimed, making everyone blush, except for Angel who knew her very well.
“So, do you like it? And more importantly, do you want it?” she asked her interlocutors, and after a short consult they nodded, giving her the money, knowing they had made a really good investment.
Anya put the envelope with the money in her bag... after she counted it meticulously several times, of course.

“Oh, I love selling, I was born to sell, it’s my vocation!” she said excitedly as the others smiled at her.
“You know, guys, I’m so good at sales that I could sell saunas in the desert, ice cubes at the North Pole, condoms to a priest...” she went on, scandalizing everyone except for Angel who put his hand over her mouth to prevent her from talking anymore.
“That’s enough, Anya, thanks for the visual! I guess the concept is clear, you are a very, very good seller!” he stated, freeing her mouth again.
Willow took Angel in a corner.
“Well... is there anything that that girl is ashamed to say?” she whispered to him.
“I’m afraid there’s nothing that can make her ashamed!” the brunette smiled to his girlfriend.
William and Buffy looked at Anya amusedly, maybe she was a bit too direct, but she was very pleasant and fun, too.
Willow wasn’t just looking at Anya though; she was analyzing her!
She was really pretty, petite but well proportioned. She had blond/red hair and very expressive bright hazel eyes. Willow knew that Anya was single, but she didn’t see her as a threat. By now it was pretty clear that Angel and her were just friends. Plus, Angel was right; they really seemed to have very incompatible personalities.

------------------------------------------------------------------
They couldn’t resist any longer and they had tested the studio room the day after... and they were very satisfied by the results.

But there wasn’t just music, there was school, too.
William knew it very well, since he had gone to the University the morning after their practice session to return some books to the library and borrow some others for his thesis.
“We’ve been looking for you... for two days. I should have known that I would find you here, always with your head hidden behind a book, you haven’t changed a bit!” a familiar voice exclaimed behind his back.
He hadn’t heard that voice for a very long time, and he didn’t think he would hear it again.

He closed his book, turning and meeting Xander’s gaze. But he wasn’t alone; beside him he saw the unbearable Riley and another guy William had never seen before.

“What the hell are you doing here? I’d never thought I would see you again... and please, notice… I’m not saying this as a positive thing!” the blond snapped, trying to get away from them.
Xander grabbed him by an arm.
“Hey, what is with all this hurry? Don’t you have time to chat a bit with your dear old friends?” the brunette exclaimed.
“You know... I don’t see any friend around here right now...” William struck back.
“Relax, we are here in peace. Truth is that this town is very small and rumors arrive to our ears very quickly.” Riley said. ”We heard that you had found a new band, and then we passed by the Bronze, and we saw the headline board and... Bingo! So, we wanted to know, is it true? Are you a ‘Chosen One’ now?” Riley asked mockingly.
“Yeah, why, what’s it to you? And by the way, my girlfriend picked that name up, and we all like it!” William said, looking at him with hatred, realizing too late that maybe he had talked too much.
“Your girlfriend?” Xander repeated curiously.
“Yes, she is the guitarist…” William confessed, thinking there was nothing bad in saying that. “By the way, tell me, who is this guy? He’s obviously here with you but he hasn’t open his mouth yet!” he changed topics, pointing to that tall boy with brown hair and dark eyes that had yet to speak.
“I’m Ben Double, and I’m their new drummer!” the boy introduced himself to him, shaking his hand vigorously.
“Uh! Well, I’m glad to know that ‘The Bloody’ hasn’t split out!” the blond commented.
“We were sick of ‘The Bloody’! I never liked that name, so I changed it, now we are ‘The Initiative’!” Riley informed him proudly.
After hearing that, William snorted, rolling his eyes.


“William, don’t you think it’s time to forget the past and bury the old grudges?” Xander suggested, smiling at him.
“Okay, I think this sodding argument has lasted long enough…” William nodded.
“Let’s forget all about that and let’s start over. You know what? To celebrate our restored friendship we’ll go see your band’s debut, ok?” Xander went on, stretching his hand to him.
“Why not? Plus, the more crowd we have, the better it is!” William accepted, shaking it. “Ok, guys, now I gotta go... my thesis is calling me! See you on Sunday night at the Bronze, then!” the boy said as he left.

“What’s wrong with you? I’m not going to put up with a whole show by that idiot!” Riley snapped.
“You are so naïve, my friend. We won’t be there as friends, we will be there as... saboteurs...” Xander explained. ”To break the harmony in a group is so easy, it’s like a house of cards, just a little breeze... and everything comes crashing down!” the boy went on.
“Am I wrong... or it’s something involving his girlfriend?” Riley smiled.
“You’ve guessed right, my dear old friend. Something tells me she is his Achilles’ heel. I already have an idea... we’ll just need our girlfriends’ help, which won’t be difficult, they have never liked William, not even in the beginning...”
“Can I know why you hate that guy so much?” Ben wondered.
“It’s a personal matter. He insulted us when he left us in the lurch! But the thing that makes me furious is that when he played with us we just performed at third-rate places... and now... he and his little new band have a gig in the coolest pub in town!” Riley explained angrily.
“And once they are off the ring... that stage will be just for us!” Xander sneered.
“I like that!” Ben sneered.

**********************************
Buffy heard someone ring the doorbell at her house and she went to open. When she saw who stood before her she couldn’t believe it.

“Faith, Andrew, what a nice surprise!” she exclaimed, hugging them.
“Did you really think I would lose your debut, B?” the other girl smiled at her, making herself comfortable on the sofa, as if she was at her home.
Typical of Faith.
“Yeah, Buffy, and guess what? I brought my video camera, I must immortalize this moment, no matter what!” Andrew exclaimed, showing his camera proudly as he sat on the sofa beside Faith, but not before he had asked permission to do so to Buffy.
“Andy, you are obsessed with this video camera! I bet that if you had had one the day your mother gave birth to you, you would have shot the day of your own birth!” Faith made fun of him, starting to play with his blond hair. “Although, I have to admit, sometimes we have lots of fun with that video camera...” she smiled maliciously at him, before dragging him to her and kissing him with passion.


Faith and Andrew were Buffy’s best friends from when she lived in San Francisco, the town where she was born and where she had spent most of her life, before moving to Sunnydale.
All their families lived pretty close, so the three guys had grown up together, and they were inseparable. Even after Buffy moved, they hadn’t lost contact. They paid visits to each other once in a while, mostly during the Summer.
Although Andrew was a year older than them, since they were children the two girls had always submitted him to their wills; mostly Faith, because by punching and beating him every now and then she had turned him into her little slave. And things hadn’t changed not even now that they were a couple.
He was shy, calm and a little bit clumsy, while she was gritty, always ready to start a fight and never letting anyone command her. And yet... their relationship worked very well, since they had been together for almost four years now. In their case it was true, opposites attract!
Buffy and Faith were also very different, as day and night, in every single aspect. Buffy was blond, with a sunny disposition, sociable and petite; while Faith was brunette, with a dark style, very less sociable and anything but delicate! But Buffy knew that under her tough attitude Faith hid a golden heart.
As soon as she had heard about the gig, Buffy had phoned her friends to tell them the good news, but she hadn’t expected a visit from them.

“Well, B, I’m too curious to finally meet the very famous Mr. Ice, whose heart you’d finally captured! Besides, I also wanna see the dude our dear Will put her clutches on!” Faith added.
“Sure, F! If you are so eager to meet them, you both can come to listen us practice this afternoon. Have I already told you that now we have...”
“A-private-studio-room. And this one makes thirty-nine times you’ve repeated that!” Andrew made her noticed, bored.
“Can you punch him for me?” Buffy asked Faith nonchalantly, exchanging an understanding gaze with her friend.
And Faith did so.
“Ouch!” Andrew complained, massaging his shoulder and realizing that things between them were still very much like they were when they were children... and that he was still the one who always got his fingers burnt.

TBC

Hope you’ll still like it! ;)