Thank you sooo much!!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, here’s William!

Chapter 2

Time had run out, Willow would be there in two hours or less, and Buffy had done anything but throw all her clothes on the bed, searching for something nice to wear.
She didn’t understand why she was so nervous, it wasn’t a date, but something told her she had to look the best she could.
Finally, she chose to wear a pair of tight jeans with a green tank top, a little bit low necked, letting her long blond locks fall behind her shoulders in soft waves.
Yeah, she looked very good!
After she finished getting ready, she left her home, meeting her friend who waited inside her car.

“I hope everything will be fine!” Buffy wished, getting off the car once they arrived.
It was full summer, so there wasn’t any parking trouble, because the town was almost empty.
“Calm down once for all, I already told you this is the drummer we need, there’s no need to get agitated!”
“I know, but it’s stronger than me.. I have an odd feeling..” she tried to justify, as they headed towards the square.
“Guess where I told him to wait for us..” Willow tried to distract her.
“ .. in front of our Driving School! It’s an original place, so we can’t go wrong!”
“You have a big imagination; lucky for us it’s closed.. I wouldn’t like to meet again with our terrible former driving teacher, Mr. Giles… Do you remember him? Brrr.. “
“Yeah, anyway, we are here, and I see someone from afar, maybe it’s him! By the way, now I remember his name, you know?”

“William!!!” Buffy exclaimed, between enthused, scared, and incredulous, recognizing the so impossibly bleached hair that could only belong to a person.
After all, that was the first thing she had noticed about him, and she immediately liked it; and then she had extended that list endlessly, day after day.

“How did you know it? That’s just his name!”
“No, Willow, you don’t understand..” she tried to explain, getting more and more nervous.
“.. it’s not any William, it’s him!! It’s Mr. Ice!”
Her only answer, Willow burst out laughing.
“Hey, what’s so funny?”
“Well, it’s a joke from fate, my dear! And don’t you dare trying to escape, it’s too late, I bet he has already seen you.. and look, he didn’t run away, maybe it’s a good sign..”
He was just few meters from her, and Buffy chose to follow her friend’s advice.

“Hi, you’re William, right? I’m Willow, the girl of the ad ..” she greeted him, shaking his hand.
Buffy decided to face once for all those deep blue ocean eyes that seemed to stare at her for hours with an interrogative air.
“Well, hi! Yeah, I know what you are thinking now: the world is small, isn’t it? Whatever you like it or not.. I’m the guitarist! If you want I won’t talk with you, unless it’s extremely necessary, I’ll keep myself as far as I can from you.. as far as the cable of the amplifier allows me to when we’ll play anyway. You won’t even notice me, but please, stay!” he said in one go, forgetting that little indispensable deed called ‘to breathe’ !
William smiled cockily at her .
“Why should I leave? After all, I’m the one who answered the ad..”
“Yeah, but you couldn’t begin to imagine .. me! C’mon, you know who I am, don’t you?”
“Of course, I do: you’re my admirer!”
“So, that’s how you see me!?”
“How did you think I saw you, pet?”
Buffy almost passed out due to the huge emotion.

< How.. how did he just called me? C’mon, Buffy, don’t flatter yourself, I bet he calls tons of other girls like that..>

“Uhmm.. I don’t know: as a crazy neurotic obsessed fanatic? Something like that..” she answered, after her mental sparring match.
William burst out laughing.
“Well, that case I add: a little bit paranoid admirer.. who is bloody good to disappear for ages..”
“ Me?! It’s * you * the one who disappeared! I haven’t seen you at the station anymore since that day..”
“I didn’t order you to meet me on my last day of class!”
“Ah.. I couldn’t know that! You should have told me that day, instead of running away after two minutes..”
“Hey, put yourself in my shoes! You don’t receive such a declaration everyday! I was a little confused and surprised, I was sure it was a joke from my friends..”

“Hey, hey, stop, truce! You’ll end up fighting, and I need both the guitar and the drums!” Willow interrupted them.
“We aren’t arguing, don’t worry.. it’s just clearing-up-time!” Buffy calmed her down, and then she resumed talking with William.
She was terribly enthused due to that meeting, but her will to know was stronger.
“That explains the incident on the station, but you saw me once, after that, and you did nothing..”
“You’re right, I’m sorry. It’s just .. that I saw you weren’t alone, so maybe it wasn’t the right time..”

Buffy couldn’t believe it: she had managed to find a guy more complex-ridden than her.
“ Ok, I forgive you. What about starting it all over as friends?” she suggested with a smile.
“Sounds good, friend!” he smiled back, shaking her hand with the same handshake that made them introduce to each other back to that turbulent day.

< Yeah, friend.. a friend who finds you irresistible, wonderful, and risks a heart attack every time you talk to me or smile to me…> Buffy thought.

“Ok, let’s talk about important stuff: we gotta meet to play, or at least .. the first time Buffy and I will play, you just watch, just to get the general idea and decide if you wanna belong to our band or not, what do you think?”
“Ok, it’s perfect. When do you wanna do it?”
“Look, we usually play every weekend, mostly at Willow’s because she has less neighbours than me, and her parents are much more tolerant. Besides, when we record, her radio equipment is better than mine. So, it’s ok for you next weekend, let’s say.. Saturday afternoon .. sounds good?” Buffy suggested, trying to appear as natural as possible, when she was so agitated she didn’t even remember her own name anymore!
“Yeah, this weekend I’m free, just give me the directions and I’ll be there!”

“Why don’t we try this: you come here, Buffy meets you and she drives you to my house, she has done it so many times that she could do it even with her eyes closed .. well, she’d better keep them open though!” Willow replied, laughing.
“Sure, it’s a good idea, that way I can memorize the road. Is it ok for you, pet?” William asked her, looking deeply into Buffy’s green eyes that sparkled as diamonds just for being the object of his look.
“No problem for me!” she answered with a smile.
“But maybe it’s a problem for you, do you love the risk that much?” Buffy exclaimed sarcastically.
“Why? Are you such a disaster at the wheel?” he wondered, concerned for his own safety.
“No, well, c’mon, I have given a ride to Will many times, and as you can see she’s still alive and in one piece, I’m still alive and in one piece.. is that enough as a guarantee?” she chuckled.
“Hell no! Anyway, I’ll take the risk. So, I guess we’ll see on Saturday. Bye, Willow. We two meet here, is it 3:00 p.m. okay for you?”
“Fine, I’ll arrive dead on time!”

“I just hope *we* won’t arrive *dead*!” William laughed.
“Ha, ha, what a witty guy we have here!” Buffy struck back sarcastically.
“Well, now I gotta go for real. Who knows? Maybe I’ll have time enough to make my will before getting inside the car with you!” he laughed again, departing.
“If you carry on this way, I’ll make you get off my car at half-way!” she summoned him from afar.
He turned once again.
“It means that I’ll be mislead.. but safe!” he struck back, waving his hand to greet her, and she did the same.

< Ok, I figured it out: he must have always the last word, so I’d better give up!> she thought amused.

She didn’t know if she should hate Willow or thank her for her idea: she, in a car, with him.
Just at the simple thought she felt like she was going to faint!
But she had got to do her best not to show up badly with him.
She spent another hour with her friend, and then she came back home, thinking about the whole afternoon.
She still couldn’t believe it!
It was Tuesday, so there was just four days to Saturday, but she already know they would have seemed four terribly long days to her.

TBC