Thank you so much, Caitie!
And now, as promised..

Chapter 20

Angel, William, Willow and Buffy took a deep breath, as they waited for Clem to introduce them to the crowd. The sound check and practice they did in the afternoon was very good, they remembered every song, they felt alright... so why were they so nervous?
Maybe because it was kinda different to play for two or three friends of theirs that came to see them practice and to be on a stage where at least one hundred people were waiting for them, without mentioning that most of them were perfect strangers…
Clem had already said the name of the band, and they could already hear the clapping and the shouts to incite them. There was no turning back anymore.

They went on the stage, glancing quickly at the crowd that observed them, looking for their friends, waving their hands because they were too electrified to speak, so they immediately started the first song on their play list, a medley of ‘Minority’ and ‘Warning’ by Greenday.
The crowd was very enthusiastic with their applause, and their second cover, ‘Vehicles Shock Me’ by Ghost of the Robot met the same destiny, too.
Relieved, the four guys also started talking and interacting with their crowd. Honestly, only William and Buffy did, because they had the most outgoing personalities. They decided to play some of their own songs, and their listeners seemed to like them a lot.

They had invited all their friends. Willow had asked her classmates at the university, Amy, Kate and Kennedy who had accepted enthusiastically; Anya had accepted Angel’s invitation mostly because she saw this as the perfect chance to pick up a boy.
So she had smartened herself up and she had already analyzed the whole pub, as she drank her cocktail in the most sensual way she could, and finally she had put her eyes on a gorgeous barman with brown hair and red mèches, and she hadn’t taken her eyes off him since then. And her goal seemed to be looking back at her, smiling pleased at the attention.

< If we keep going this way, that awesome stud and I will end up soon doing together that... *gymnastics* I like doing so much!> she thought optimistically.

The loudest screams and incitements came from the central table, where Wesley, Tara, Doyle, Cordelia, Andrew and Faith sat. All of them seemed to be getting along pretty well, after William and Buffy had done the introductions. So, maybe in the future they’d be able to go out on a multiple date, including the two couples on the stage, too.
Between kisses and tenderness they supported their friends animatedly.

At the opposite corner there was another table of six people watching the performing band, but their intentions were very different. Xander hugged a girl with long black hair, as Riley and Ben clung to two blonde girls.
“So, Dru, did you understand? It’s her!” Xander exclaimed, pointing at the guitarist, as the girl in his arms rubbed her face against his.
“There wasn’t any need to point her to me, I had already figured it was her by the way they’re looking at each other... as no one else exists in the world. Oh God, they’re so pathetic!” Drusilla commented, kissing Xander without caring about the people observing them. “What do you think, Harm?” she went on, turning to the blonde hugged with Ben.
“You’re totally right, big sis, I can’t stand them! Plus, she is so insignificant!” Harmony nodded. “Although I owe a favor to William, because if he hadn’t left I wouldn’t have met you, honey!” she murmured, kissing her boyfriend.
“Don’t be so thankful, Harm, this is no time for good feelings! At least not for them. That stage is meant for your band to play on it, and not for those four incompetents, am I right, my love?” the third girl exclaimed, without parting from Riley.
“You just took the words out of my mouth, Darla. I wonder how you manage to do that every time, baby!” Riley commented, kissing her impetuously.
.

“Get ready, girls, the show is almost over!” Xander warned them.
“Right, we’ll keep William busy. You, don’t lose sight of the blonde!” Riley added.
“You already know what you gotta do, don’t you, honey?” Xander went on, looking at his girlfriend.
“Sure, my Captain, we’ve learned our parts perfectly!” she smiled at him.

As soon as she saw the band thanking the crowd and saying goodbye, Drusilla told the other two to get ready. In fact, after the claps finally died, the four guys left the stage.


Xander and the other two guys went looking for William and they found him before he could reach his friends, or worse, his girlfriend.
“Hey, my dear old friend, what a great show! Why don’t you come to our table? We’ll buy you a beer, you really deserve it!” Xander invited him and William accepted, mostly because he rarely said no to a beer.

“So, where are the bloody annoying versions of Huey, Dewey and Louie in miniskirt?” William wondered.
“You should show a little more respect to our girlfriends! Anyway, they’re not here, they have other things to at the moment...” Riley vaguely answered.

******************************************************

Drusilla saw Buffy first, when she headed towards the bathroom to refresh herself after all the playing. That was the perfect chance. Drusilla called out her friend and her sister and they followed her to the bathroom.
Seeing the three girls reflected in the mirror as they stared at her insistently, Buffy turned.
“Do you need something?” she wondered with a forced smile.
“We just wanted to congratulate for the show, you were great!” Darla answered, showing her the same smile. “But compliments are not everything we wanted to give you. We wanted also to show you all our compassion, you poor girl!” she added, making her interlocutor perplexed.
“What do you mean?” Buffy narrowed her eyes.
“Well, you are William’s girlfriend, aren’t’ you?” Harmony exclaimed, looking at her with air of superiority. “It mustn’t be pleasant to share him with all the other girls he has, right?” she asked nonchalantly.
“What the hell are you talking about? And who the hell are you?”
“Didn’t you get it, yet? We are his ex-girlfriends, from when he played in the other band. He cheated on all of us, he flattered us, he seduced us, he used us and then threw us away as if we were a cleaning tissue! He dated all of us at the same time, without any one of us knowing about the others, and when we figured it out, it was too late! The bastard!” Drusilla exclaimed, looking at Buffy with her big deep dark eyes with purple sparkles inside.
“No, it can’t be... he... he’s not like that...” Buffy stuttered, not wanting to believe those words.
“After all, we can’t deny he’s irresistible, and he’s unique in bed, no matter how much I hate him, I can’t regret having sex with him!” Darla went on, already knowing that she had pushed the right button.
“Yeah, you simply can’t forget Blondie Bear! C’mon, admit it, he’s priceless under the sheets! I tremble just at the memory!” Harmony added, fanning herself with her hands, as Buffy dusted her with her look for daring call * her* William with that awful nickname.


But she didn’t answer their questions, so Drusilla hit the mark.
“Oh my God! You two haven’t had sex yet!” she figured out, and Buffy blushed instantly, giving her more precious information.
“Don’t tell me you’re still virgin!” she went on, hitting the mark again.
“That’s why he’s so interested about you. Sure! You’re just a challenge to him, and while he waits for him to win this challenge, God only knows how many girls, true women, he has already shagged. After all, that bastard must have his fun. Let me guess, I bet he tells you he goes out with his friends...” Darla added.
“But it’s the truth, he does hang out with his friends...” Buffy struck back, not wanting to listen to them anymore.
“Poor little girl, what did you think? That you were special to him? As soon as he gets what he wants from you, he will dump you as he did with everyone before you!” Drusilla warned her.
“Stop it, leave me alone, you are just three liar slanderers!” Buffy screamed almost crying, running away as quickly as she could, as the three girls smiled satisfied.

“My Captain will be happy!” Drusilla exulted, clapping her hands happily.
“And you were so smart, how did you realize she is still a virgin? If I didn’t know you better, big sis, I would say that are a seer!” Harmony chuckled.
“Well, my dear, that ‘Blondie Bear’ was genial, you really pissed her off! Only you could think about such a nickname!” Darla smiled and they all laughed.

*****************************************
Buffy came back the main room. The three couples at the central table were having a tender moment, Angel and Willow had gone upstairs to the second floor. Willow’s friend were chatting and Anya was busy flirting with the barman she had aimed at; but William seemed to be nowhere. Before she could be worried though, he appeared behind her back, hugging her.
“Were you looking for me, sunshine?” he whispered.
“Where the hell were you?” she snapped, kinda coldly.
“Well, I was with the guys of my former band. I would have introduced them to you, but they had to go, I don’t know why ... it will be for the next time!” he justified, a little bit puzzled by her sharp reaction.
Buffy seemed to soften at that. It was better to avoid an useless argument anyway, this wasn’t the time for it. This night was a night to celebrate without having bad thoughts. In fact, she took her mind off her gloomy thoughts and enjoyed her night with her friends and William. After all, it was three stranger girls’ word against her boyfriend’s word, and she had decided to trust him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next afternoon they didn’t have classes so Buffy had gone to William’s house. They were cuddling on his sofa, both wearing just their jeans, when the ring of William’s mobile distracted them. Buffy saw him read the SMS he had received with a large smile on his lips and then he threw his mobile on the sofa.
“Luv, I’ll go put my sweater on and take my coat, so we can go out!” he told her, going upstairs.

Buffy kept staring at the sofa.

< Why was he smiling? >

It would take just a second to check his mobile, but it would have meant to violate his privacy.

It was just innocent curiosity; just to be calmer, there wasn’t anything wrong with that. As she was still arguing with herself, she had already grabbed the mobile with one hand, searching for the last SMS he had received, without resisting the temptation of reading it.

‘Hi William, you have no idea how much I’ve missed you! Lucky for me, this week I’ll come to Sunnydale, so we can spend some time together, finally. It seems like an eternity since the last time. I’ll be there on Friday afternoon on the 4:30 train. Go pick me up at the station; I’m counting on that! Can’t wait to see you, and don’t get busy, I want you all just for me. A huge, huge kiss, Dawn.’

< Who the hell is this girl? What does she want from William? But mostly, why did William smiled at the thought of meeting her? > Buffy thought confused, putting the mobile back on the sofa, before his owner came back.

TBC

Ihihih evil cliff hanger, I know.. >:-D