Thank you soooo much, sorry for late!!!

Chapter 26

A couple of hours after, William had fallen asleep, so Buffy had taken advantage of that to take her cordless and call Willow, trying to speak as softly as she could.
“Hey, Will!”
“Buffy! Where are you?”
“I’m home...” she answered in a whisper.
“Alright! So, you didn’t leave!” the redhead exulted.
“No, I didn’t. I got a fever, so leaving while being that sick wouldn’t had been a very brilliant idea...” she explained.
“Oh, so it’s just because of that that you stayed and that must be why you’re speaking so low also, maybe you got a cold, too...” Willow struck back, a little bit upset. “Anyway, I was sure you would end up getting a fever; that will teach you to wear your coat next time!” she scolded her.
“Uff, you sound like mom now! Anyway, yes, I stayed here because of the fever, but also because...”

In that exact moment, William opened his eyes, turning to Buffy.
“C’mon, pet, hang up the bloody phone and take good care of this poor sick boy...” he exclaimed, and from the other end of the line, Willow immediately recognized the voice.
“Buffy, but it’s-it’s...”
“You guessed right!” the blonde exulted, without caring about speaking low anymore. “He’s the other reason why I stayed and the most important one. I swear that next time we meet I’ll tell you everything, but now I really gotta go, bye, Will!” she said, hanging up.
“Well, well, Mister, you wake up quite easily, don’t you?” Buffy commented, looking at him teasingly.
He pulled her towards himself.
“Yeah, I do. Is that a problem for you?” Spike teased her. “After all, you can chat with Red whenever you please... but now, I want you to * chat * with me!” he said, kissing her, and the mutual heat of their lips made them realize they both still had fever.
“Mm... why do I have the feeling that chatting is the last thing you want to do with me?” she chuckled between kisses.

------------------------------------------------------
The day after Buffy already felt better so she invited Willow to come to her house in the morning to chat with her.
“So, Buffy, where’s William?” Willow asked as soon as she came into Buffy’s house.
“He went back home... actually, I had to kind of force him to go, he still was a bit feverish, but my mom comes back from her trip tonight, so...” Buffy trailed.
“Do you mean that you made him drive with a fever?” the redhead asked, puzzled.
“Well, not exactly. Let’s clear things up a bit. First of all, I offered to give him a ride in my car, but he said he didn’t want to leave De... his car here. So I suggested I could drive him in his car, but he said that he’d rather drive with a fever of 104.5 than let me drive his car! Can you believe it? He * doesn’t * trust my driving abilities!” Buffy explained, rolling her eyes.
“Oh, I understand now. And hey, speaking of trust... just tell me how he forgave you, because I’d thought your ‘mission’ hadn’t been that successful...”
Buffy told her friend everything, well... not really everything, but at least 90% of the whole story.
“Oh, that’s wonderful! I’m so happy for William and you! I’m sure Angel will be happy, too, you know what? I’ve to give him the good news right now. See you, Buffy!” she said leaving.

About half an hour after, the doorbell rang again and this time it was Dawn.
“Buffy!” she exulted, hugging her with a joyful yelp. “Now you’ve gotta explain to me in detail what happened after your serenade. All I know is that after * two whole days * I saw Billy came back home ill as never before and showing me the brightest smile I’ve ever seen, but he also told me he hadn’t the strength to face my third degree and rushed to his bed to sleep!” the teenager explained, a little bit upset. “So, since I can’t derive information from the first reliable source...”

“You turned to the second!” Buffy anticipated her, getting ready to give her the PG version of what had happened.

“Well, let me see if I got this straight, my brother left home at late night, surrounded by the shadows, and he crept into a girl’s bedroom to try to seduce her… Wassup? Did he turn into a vampire all of the sudden?” Dawn commented sarcastically with a fake concerned look. “Jokes aside, I’m really happy for both of you, and don’t even try to make me have a heart attack again! After all, it’s my big bro we are talking about, treat him very well, I count on that!” she added, approaching to the front door.
“You bet, Dawnie, I know all he has been through, but I swear that from now on I’ll make him forget all that bad stuff!” Buffy assured. “Anyway, thank you...” she added, smiling at her.
“Thank you?! For what? Just because I injected some common sense in my stubborn brother’s head? If people gave me a dollar every time I do that... I’d be bloody rich!” Dawn giggled, before Buffy hugged her.
“You know, I’m an only child, but I’d like to have a sister like you!” she smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------
In the afternoon someone else paid a visit to Buffy, too. She was sure it was her mother but when she opened the door she realized she was wrong.

“Tara, Cordelia, what a nice surprise, please come in!” she invited them.
“You know, we saw Dawn today and she told us that you’d been sick, so we came to see how you’re doing now...” Tara explained shyly.
“For heaven’s sake, Tara, when will you learn to tell things how they actually are without making those pathetic excuses?” Cordelia complained, rolling her eyes. “Dawn also told us about * how* Spike and you made it up! So, my dear, take a deep breath and spit it out, NC-17 version please, because we definitely are older than eighteen years old!” the brunette summoned her, as she stared at herself in her inseparable pocket mirror.
“Again?! I should had taped the story the first time I told it and then just give a copy to all the people who asked me for that!” Buffy rolled her eyes, snorting, but she burst out laughing immediately after. “Who am I kidding? I’ll never get tired of telling this story! Well...”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day after, at early morning, Buffy heard someone rang the doorbell repetitively, so she rushed to open before her mother woke up since she had come back extremely exhausted from her trip the night before.
“Good morning, Candy!” the energetic Faith greeted her, because of the pink nightdress and pink slippers Buffy was dressed with. “It’s such a beautiful day, so I can’t let you lay lazily in your bed!” the brunette went on, rushing in, without even asking Buffy if she could.
Buffy looked at her dumbfounded, wondering why she was there.
“Faith! I was sure you had gone back to San Francisco!” Buffy said, rubbing her eyes.
“Oh, B, c’mon, did you really think that I, after teaching you to fight for what you believe, could suggest you to do the most cowardly thing in the world?”
“So...”
“Sure, I made you believe that I was and at least that ultimatum made you react; otherwise you would still be here, staring at the walls and wondering when things would be okay!” her friend explained.
“Oh, F, you’re unique! What would I do without you?”
“Hopefully you’ll never find that out, B!” she struck back, hugging her tightly.

“Mom will be so happy to see you, why don’t you stay?” Buffy invited her.
“Ok, after all, I’ve got nothing else to do. Since Andrew and your stud’s friends became best friends, he spends more time with them than with me, and I bet Tara and Cordy are not too happy about that either!” Faith snorted, rolling her eyes. “So, since your mommy is back, you can’t hide your bleached stud under the covers anymore!” she chuckled, but Buffy immediately beckoned her to speak lower. “I got you, B, I’ll avoid this minefield!”
“I didn’t say to avoid it, just to talk... lower!” Buffy sneered. “Hey, your witty remark makes me think that Will already told you everything...” the blonde figured out, as she made her breakfast.
“No, she just hinted something to me, and then I let my vivid imagination do the rest, so probably I put a little too much spice in that!” she explained with a sly smile.
“I swear that the original version is very hot and spicy, too!” the blonde justified, feeling a bit insulted in her self esteem.
“Do you mean that your saint’s halo doesn’t blind everyone with its pure and innocent light anymore?” her friend teased her.
“You bet, F, this former saint girl knows her job!” she stated proudly. “So, do you trust your vivid imagination... or do you want a trustful account?” Buffy asked, locking the door of her room just in case Joyce had woken up.
“Ok, B, I’m listening, and I already inserted the NC-17 warning in my mind, so spit it out!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Gee! Well, I take back what I said before. What can I say? You’ve left me speechless... and you know that doesn’t happen to me usually!” Faith commented at the end. “Anyway, spicy girl, get dressed and hurry, you have a busy day to face. First of all, you’ll have to take your guitar with you and go over all the songs...” her friend instructed her.
“Huh? Why?”
“It’s obvious, this afternoon you’ll go back to your private sound studio and you’ll play with all the others… as long as your bleached stud has recovered, and please, notice, I didn’t meant only from the fever!” Faith sneered maliciously.
“Faith! You never change, do you?” Buffy shook her head, smiling.
“If I ever do, please, kill me!” the brunette struck back.
“Anyway, you heard what happened at The Bronze, didn’t you?” Buffy wondered.
“All I know is that it’s time for you to take back what is yours; that stage belongs to the ‘Chosen Ones’!”
“Uhmm, am I wrong... or are you planning something?”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following Faith’s advices, Buffy had practiced with her guitar all morning long, and then she had called Willow so they could have a joint practice with all the band at their private sound studio, that was a bit dustier than the last time they’d seen it, of course.
Everyone was there when Buffy arrived; even William and Buffy immediately ran towards him.
“Honey, are you sure you are up for this? Yesterday, at the phone you didn’t sounded like Mr. Health to me!” she commented concerned, getting closer to her boyfriend to kiss him, but it was just a way to control if he still had a fever and she was relieved when she realized his temperature was back to normal.
“I feel alright, pet, don’t worry. Yes, ok, maybe yesterday I was a little bit knocked down, but it was nothing that a good night of sleep couldn’t fix...”

the bleached blond thought.

“If you are done with ‘The Health Corner of Doctors Summers and Leather’, the rest of the band would like to start playing!” Angel exclaimed, and Willow nodded.
“Hey, Gel-Boy, since when have you not only found out what sarcasm is, but have you also learned to use it?” William made fun of him, sitting at the drums.
“Never underestimate me, bleached menace; I’m a box of surprises!” Angel struck back proudly, as he put on the strap of his bass.
William looked at him in disbelief, making a drum’s solo to get ready.
“Let’s start; it’s better!” he said, playing with the drumsticks.
“You know, guys, it’s cool to be a band again!” Buffy smiled, as she tuned her guitar.
“At the very end, I think we never stopped being a band!” Willow answered the same way, before they started their first song.

TBC

And now trouble will begin... but for ‘The Initiative’, ihhihihih!!! ;)