Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello, I’m back with this story, too. Sorry for late, anyway, this is a kinda long chapter, so I hope you’ll be happy! Let’s start:
Chapter 28
(Lyrics from ‘Having a blast’ by Greenday, lots of stuff from BTVS and a little bit from ATS, too!)

************************************** ( In the meantime)

“But... hey... did you see them? They dumped us here... as if we were gonna wait for them to come back from their meeting with their fans!” Darla snapped.
“You’re right; who do they think they are? We have better things to do!” Harmony added.
“So, let’s go do that then!” Drusilla incited them, getting up as the others followed her.
They were almost at the door when Wesley, Doyle, and Andrew stood in front of them, impeding their exit.
“We’re sorry, but... although we didn’t want to eavesdrop we heard everything that happened!” Wesley exclaimed, smiling at Darla that smiled back at him kind of intrigued.
“Yeah, and it seems that your boyfriends are total idiots who deserved to be punished, too, because to leave three beautiful girls as you are alone is a crime!” Doyle said, winkling at Drusilla who had decided to play the fake shy girl.
“So, we were wondering... would you like to spend the rest of the night with us? We could see this as a way to save you from the pestering and annoying accosting of some boring guys!” Andrew added, looking seductively at Harmony as she planned some nice things she could do with the cute blondie.
“Well, actually... you are kind of accosting us right now...” Darla pretended to complain.
“Ok, but at least we are not pestering and annoying guys, are we?” Doyle justified, and the girls giggled.
“Well, let’s go outside, first. Our car is not very far...” Andrew informed them, getting closer to Harmony.
“So, ladies, if you wanna go with us, let’s go!” Wesley invited them, linking arms with Darla as Doyle did the same with Drusilla.

A few minutes after they arrived to Doyle’s Mercedes Benz and that impressed the girls a lot.
“Please, you, first..” Doyle exclaimed, as Andrew and he opened the car doors, letting the girls sat on the back seats, and then they quickly closed the doors, locking them inside.
“Hey, if this is a joke is not funny!” Darla yelled, so loudly that the guys could hear her even through the windows.
“In fact, this is not a joke..” Doyle informed them.
“Although it’s damn fun!” Andrew commented.
“Well, it’s not a joke for my poor car.. I just hope that those three vampiresses won’t spoil my seats with their nasty nails!” Doyle grumbled, kinda worried.
“Ladies, we gotta go now. Enjoy the night and try to get comfortable, mostly because you aren’t gonna go anywhere else before the end of the concert!” Wesley warned them.
“I imagine there‘s no need to tell you that it won’t be a concert by The Initiative, of course!” Andrew added, as the three girls threw daggers at them with their eyes, as they tried to get out and pounded the windows, unsuccessfully.
“See you later, ugly annoying and very noisy geese!” Doyle greeted them, leaving with the others.

“Grrr, they fooled us... and it’s all your fault, you two can’t keep your hormones in control!” Darla growled.
“We? Look, it’s * your* fault, you always get charmed by intellectual guys! A couple of sentences and you lost your mind, putting us into this trouble!” Harmony struck back.
“Enough. Now, let’s just try to find a way to get out of here!” Drusilla suggested, but she surrendered even before trying.
“We won’t ever get out, we’re locked and it’s so small in here... there’s not much space... and I don’t like it at all... My lungs need oxygen, I don’t feel fine!” Darla complained, starting to get nervous and panic stricken.
“Alright, we just missed that. So, tell me, since when are you claustrophobic?” Drusilla asked in disbelief.
“I don’t know... but from now on I decided that I am! So, no one dare talk, there’s not much oxygen, and surely it won’t be enough for all of us, without mentioning that...”
“Look, you told us not to talk to spare oxygen and then you make a never-ending speech!” Harmony made fun of her.
“Shut up, you… you ugly air-stealer!” Darla accused her, hurling towards her to cover her mouth, but the younger blonde bit her hand, making her scream.
“Oh no, it’s terrible, a very serious matter! Poor me, what a tragedy!” Harmony exclaimed desperately.
“Wassup now? Did you go crazy, too?” the brunette grumbled exasperated, since she was already trying to calm down Darla, and it wasn’t an easy task!
“I broke my nail!” Harmony explained as she burst out crying.
“Poor me, whatever did I do to have to be surrounded by such two idiots as you?” Drusilla pitied herself, rolling her eyes and hoping that the concert would end soon.

************************************************
“Lucky for us that was your car; they would never get inside mine!” Wesley commented, as they came back to the club.
“You know, one of the main rules to impress Cordelia is to have a nice car... although she told me that in my case I wouldn’t have needed a nice car!” Doyle smiled pleased.

Their fiancées ran into them, and each one told the other about the success of their respective missions.
“Fine. Now we just have to call Buffy and the rest of the band...” Andrew commented.
“Already done, they’ll be here in a few minutes...” Faith informed him, waving her mobile in front of his eyes.
In fact, a few minutes after, the four guys arrived; and if possible, they were even more agitated than the first time they performed.
“They’ll boo at us again, maybe this time they’ll throw stuff, too!” Angel grumbled, as pessimistic as ever.
“No, they won’t, everything is gonna be alright! Sorry, guys, I don’t have enough words to apologize with you for replacing you with those cheaters...” Clem explained, running towards them.
“That’s in the past, mate. Plus, it seems that they’ve already got what they deserved!” William smiled.
“You can say that again. Anyway, without our three very talented actresses it couldn’t have been possible!” Clem answered, hugging Tara, Faith and Cordelia.
“Oh, we did nothing, and it was fun too!” Cordelia smiled.
“Now you’ve just gotta make your best and I’m sure it will be a success!” Tara incited them, before the band went to make the sound-check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bronze had a full house and it was time for the show, so Clem went on to the stage.
Doyle, Cordelia, Andrew, Faith, Wesley, Tara and Dawn waited impatiently, standing next to the stage.
“Good evening, everyone, it’s time for the concert you all are waiting for, but let me warn you, it’s not by The Initiative... and don’t expect to see them somewhere else either, ‘cause I think that would never happen...” Clem announced. “Anyway, some old friends came back to play here. Maybe the last time it wasn’t a very good show, but this time they’ll astonish you, I’m sure of that. So, make some noise for the Chosen Ones!”

“Oh no, he made those awful freaks play at his club again. This way he risks a total failure!” a girl in the crowd commented, turning to her friend, but Faith was in front of her and she had heard everything. She turned to her, throwing daggers at her with her eyes. “So, what do you want?” the other girl snapped.

“I just wanted to warn you, because if you dare say such a thing again I’m gonna rip your tongue out as I’m gonna rip your friend’s ears out to prevent her from hearing the crap coming from your mouth!” she threatened her, smiling at her.
Andrew had gone away for a while, but he immediately returned when he saw that his fiancée seemed to be about to begin a riot.
“Uh! No, don’t mind at her, please.. it’s just that.. she is a great fan of the Chosen Ones..” he smiled embarrassed at the two girls, as he took Faith away from them.
“Anyway, let me tell you that you just said a big absurdity, and in a few minutes you’ll be the first one to realize that!” Faith managed to tell her, before Andrew dragged her away.

In the meantime, between weak applauses and looks full of disbelief, the Chosen Ones had gone on the stage.
“I already know what you’re thinking: ‘I bet this time they wont’ even manage to perform a whole song!’” William exclaimed, placing himself at the drums, but Angel cut him off, approaching to Willow’s microphone.

“First of all, I just wanted, in the name of the Chosen Ones, to apologize to all of you, for the fiasco of the last time we were here. But I can swear it won’t ever happen again!” he said, puzzled because William was looking at him as if he came form Mars, and then the blonde spoke to the crowd.
“I can’t believe it. Hey, people! Tonight you are the witness of a big event: Mr. Please-Never-Let-Me-Talk-On-The-Microphone has just told you something!” he exclaimed astonished, as some of the people in the crowd giggled.
“Yeah, he’s right, and come to think about it, when you tell this to your dear ones you all will be able to say ‘I was there’!” Buffy added, starting too feel less awkward.
“I guess that Angel deserves an applause, because he managed to * prevent William from talking*, no matter if it was for just a few seconds, because I can assure you it’s not easy to do such a thing!” Willow said and the crowd chuckled once again, as they began to warm up to the band.
“If it’s just a matter of talking, I wouldn’t worry... the real trouble is if he starts singing. Guys, if Angel does that, I’ll be the first one to tell you to run away for shelter!” the bleached blond struck back.
This time, there weren’t only laughs, but also a girl who screamed. “William, you are wonderful!”

Hearing a perfect stranger call him by his name, the boy got excited.
“Wanna talk about how you play the guitar? Wait. What am I saying? Play?! You just beat it violently and frantically… but let me tell you, it’s not like the poor instrument would start playing good on its own just because you threatened it!” Angel struck back.
“Wow, Angel, you rule, tell him off!” another girl screamed between peals of laughter.
This time it was Angel the one who filled himself with pride.
“Hey, you two, we are not here to do some Cabaret sketches!” the redhead made them notice.
The crowd clapped their hands and a boy incited her.
“Willow, you’re great, scold them!”
“She is right, we are here to play; so, do you wanna listen to us to play?” Buffy interacted with the crowd.
“Yeah, Buffy!” they answered in chorus.
“Anyway, let me tell you a little secret: look, this witty-time hadn’t been planned, it was just pure spontaneity!” the blonde added as she winked at the crowd.

“Ok, but now we are serious, and we wanna start with a special dedication… but it’s not a positive one at all!” William announced.
“Right. I bet that you all have someone you would send to hell very willingly. Well, we have, too, but you know what? We don’t like naming people, mostly because that would be something as mean as they are...” Buffy went on.
“That’s true. Anyway, who knows? Maybe they could hear us right now...” William added, pounding his foot on the floor on purpose, because he was plenty aware of two facts: the first one was that the basement was located just under the stage; the second one was that due to the acoustic system it was impossible for Xander, Riley and Ben not to hear them.
“Alright, this song is for them!” Willow exclaimed enthused, as Buffy started playing the intro, followed by Angel, and then by William, as Willow got ready to sing. Buffy made the secondary leading voice and William singed with them in the chorus.

I’M TAKING ALL YOU DOWN WITH ME
EXPLOSIVES DUCT TAPED TO MY SPINE
NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE MY MIND
I WON’T LISTEN TO ANYONE’S LAST WORDS
THERE’S NOTHING LEFT FOR YOU TO SAY
SOON YOU’LL BE DEAD ANYWAY

WELL NO ONE ELSE IS GETTING OUT ALIVE
THIS TIME I REALLY LOST MY MIND AND I DON’T CARE
SO CLOSE YOUR EYES AND KISS YOURSELVES GOODBYE
AND THINK ABOUT THE TIMES YOU SPENT AND WHAT THEY’VE MEANT
TO ME IT’S NOTHING (X4)

I’M LOSING ALL MY HAPPINESS
THE HAPPINESS YOU PINNED ON ME
MY LONELINESS STILL COMFORTS ME
MY ANGER DWELLS INSIDE OF ME
I’M TAKING ALL IT OUT OF YOU
AND ALL THE SHIT YOU PUT ME THROUGH

WELL NO ONE ELSE IS GETTING OUT ALIVE
THIS TIME I REALLY LOST MY MIND AND I DON’T CARE
SO CLOSE YOUR EYES AND KISS YOURSELVES GOODBYE
AND THINK ABOUT THE TIMES YOU SPENT AND WHAT THEY’VE MEANT
TO ME IT’S NOTHING (X4)

The song was a success and the crowd jammed, having fun, finishing with a huge clapping of hands and inciting screams. And the next songs met the same lucky fate.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
“Hey, guys, you were F A B U L O U S!” Cordelia exulted, coming towards them with all the others when they finished their show.
“Yes, that was a first class return, my compliments!” Doyle agreed.
“And when you dedicated that song... Gee, you just kicked their asses!” Faith exclaimed, punching the air.
“I saw everything, too, and you were such a force of nature!” Anya commented, running into them.
“So, you came to see us, too! I didn’t see you in the crowd...” Angel said, happy because his friend had also been a witness of their great return.
“Of course I was here, how could I miss such a big event? It’s just that I was behind the stage, eh, eh, this is the advantage of having a boyfriend who works here... By the way, you’ve seen him every now and then, but I haven’t officially introduced him to you yet. Just wait, I’ll be right back!” she informed disappearing with the same swiftness she had previously come and she came back, hugged to her boyfriend.
“Well, guys, this is Lorne, and you are way too many, so tell him your names on your own!” Anya explained, making the shaking of hands start.

“You know, Lorne works here because he wants to save the money to make his dream come true..” Anya informed them.
“Uh? What dream?” Tara asked.
“Well, nothing impossible. I just would like to open a club with Karaoke that’s all mine, because I adore singing, but I adore listening to other people as they sing even more..” Lorne confessed.
“Yes, he says that this way he almost manages to read people’s souls..” Anya went on, holding him tight.
“Exactly. And when I saw my beautiful doll’s one… I just lost my mind!” Lorne smiled, kissing her.
“Honey, are you sure we are still talking about * my soul *?” Anya teased him maliciously.
“ANYA!” a general chorus exclaimed in shock, as they burst out laughing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The day after in the afternoon, after taking Dawn to the station, with the promise that she would pay another visit to them soon, William and Buffy were on their way home. In the morning Faith and Andrew had also gone back to San Francisco. All those departures were sad, but Buffy knew for sure it wasn’t a good bye.
Suddenly, her mobile rang.
“Hello?”
“Hi, it’s Willow, I have something to tell you and please when you see William, tell him, too...”
“Actually, he’s already here with me...”
“Perfect. So, we need you to come to the Bronze immediately. Clem just called us, it’s urgent so hurry up, Angel and I are already waiting here for you...” the redhead informed the blonde, hanging up.
“It was Will. She said we’ve gotta go to the Bronze, she seemed so agitated…” Buffy told William, a little bit confused by the call.

A quarter of an hour after they arrived to the club.
“So, Clem, wassup?” William asked, sitting at the table with Buffy, curious at seeing Angel and Willow looking very excited.
“My dear friends, it seems that someone very important noticed you, and he’s very interested to produce you. You know, I don’t know who sent it to him, but he received a videotape of your first performance here... with the whereabouts to contact you...”
Willow and Buffy exchanged a look, because they had already figured out who the responsible was.
“Andrew!” they exclaimed at the same time, making a mental note to thank him, and Faith, too, because the cocky idea of sending the videotape to a producer could only be hers.
“Anyway, it worked, because he saw it and enjoyed your show a lot, so much so that he wants to meet you personally...” Clem explained to the more and more excited band, and then he looked at the window, hearing a car park. “... Very, very soon, because he’s here!” he added.

The four saw a robust man, of about fifty years old, get into the Club.
“Hi, guys, I’m...”
“Quentin Travers! You’re the famous talent-scout of the Powers-That-Be Records. You discovered such talented bands as ‘The Watchers’... “ Angel cut him off, recognizing him as enthused as ever, getting up to shake his hand.
William did the same.
“And ‘The Order of Taraka’ is another one of your discoveries. That’s such a great band!” the bleached blond congratulated the man, as Willow and Buffy had no idea about who Quentin Travers or any of the bands their boyfriends named were.
“And also ‘The Acathla’s Return’ !” Angel went on.
“And ‘The Gem of Amarra’!” William added.
“Hey, hey, guys, calm down! I got the point, you are very well informed. Anyway... am I wrong... or are you challenging each other to find out who knows more about my career?”
“Look, they know you, but you don’t know them!” Willow explained, smiling at him and inviting him to sit at their table.
“Those two can turn everything into a competition!” Buffy explained, smiling and shaking his hand.

“I already liked what I saw in the videotape, and you are impressive in person, too. You all get along so well! Believe me, there are bands that once they are off the stage they almost don’t even remember the other members’ names! Instead, you are really a group, and this is exactly what I’m looking for. Plus, your sound is very good. So, I’m sure we’ll make great things together...” Question explained, it wasn’t easy to figure out which of the four members’ smile was the brightest, even more so when Quentin asked the next question. “Would you like me to screen test you in my studios, not very far from Sunnydale?”

They didn’t know what the future would reserve for them, but they couldn’t wait to find out.
A simple ad made a dream they all shared come true, but it also helped them find true loves and true friendships, too.

So, it is already a big success, isn’t it?

TBC

Yeah, I know, I said it was the last chapter, but this ending sounded way too cold… So, just wait for a 1000% spuffy epilogue!

Thank you soooo much, as always!!!