Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you soooo much, Caitie, as always!!!
This is the real end! ;)
EPILOGUE

William still couldn’t believe it and as he stood on the stage, his mind drifted back to the previous months, because lots of stuff had happened and all that had brought the Chosen Ones on the crest of a wave.
The screen-test had gone really well, so Quentin Travers hadn’t wasted any time and started a very efficient and successful marketing strategy that had born fruit. Their first album had sold out in all the stores very soon. And shortly after, they were introducing it to America with the ‘Bugger This’ tour, of course it went without mentioning that William had picked up that name.
At the moment he and the rest of the band were at Times Square in the middle of the last performance of their tour. Everyone was trying their best as a very excited crowd incited and yelled their names restlessly.
There was only a song left; it was their hit, the one that would surely earn them a nomination for the ‘Best New Act’ category at the incoming MTV Video Music Awards.
Plus, William loved that song, mostly because at the end there was a drum solo. He never got tired of reading the posters their fans made for them and he was even more excited when he saw a poster only for him. He was lucky, because he caught a glimpse of a few girls in the first row who were holding a big poster and they started calling him out, first with a soft whisper and then louder and louder.
“William, WILLIAM...”
William was very happy and proud of himself: it was music for his ears.
“WILLIAM JAMES LEATHER, WAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUP!”

The boy opened his eyes abruptly, sitting on his bed and bringing a hand to his heart due to the big scare.
“It took long enough for you to wake up, my big sleepyhead. I’ve been calling you out for ages!” Buffy exclaimed, kissing him as he still looked at her confusedly.
“Soooo, it was just a dream...” he slurred so low that Buffy didn’t hear him.
William turned to his night table where the clock informed him that it was 7:30 a.m.

“Bloody hell, Slayer, whatever did I do to you that you have you rush in here and wake me up at this sodding time? I’m almost sorry I gave you the keys to my house!” he complained as he wondered what the hell was wrong with his girlfriend to come waking him up so early on a holy Sunday Morning.
“I know it’s kinda early, but it was stronger than me. I was home and I turned the radio on, and guess what? They were airing ‘Once More With Feeling’ in exclusive, can’t you see? I just had to let you know that!” she exulted.
His only answer was jumping off his bed, turning on the radio and tuning it to one of the local stations.
“We’ll hear it again sooner or later!” he said, coming back to his girlfriend.
“Of course, honey. It’s our very first single, so the media will have to publicize it a little bit!” Buffy added, happier than she’d ever been.
“Now, you must explain to me why you were listen to the radio at 7:00 a.m. on * Sunday * nonetheless!”
“I couldn’t sleep, I’m too agitated: we have our first interview with a local newspaper tomorrow and I can’t still believe it’s true!”
“So, you started getting nervous a day before?”
“That’s the way I am, my love, take it or leave it!” she struck back, sticking out her tongue to him playfully, but without even realizing it she found her lips stuck to her boyfriend’s.
“Mm... I’m taking it, I’m taking it...” he murmured between kisses.
“Honey, why are you not nervous? C’mon, not even a little bit? I wonder what the journalists could ask us!” she commented, getting worried.
“Well, it will be nothing compared to your mother’s third degree when you introduced me to her!” William rolled his eyes, and Buffy shoved her elbow lightly in his stomach.
“Hey! Well, we’ll see what your mother tells me... because you know that sooner or later you and me will fly to London and you’ll have to introduce me to her. Dawn has already persuaded her to meet me. See? It’s two against one!” she retorted.
“We’ll see... what if we become so famous that we can’t even take a plane? It wouldn’t be prudent...” he tried to justify.
“Spikey, you’re pathetic, you’ve gotta invent a much more credible excuse!” Buffy chuckled, shaking her head.
“Hey, look, Willow still hasn’t met Angel’s parents at Los Angeles yet, but she didn’t make a big deal out of it! And about Tara and Cordy, they also waited for more than a year before meeting Wes and Doyle’s families!” he made her notice.
“No way! Sooner or later I’ll meet the mysterious Jenny Calendar Leather, her son likes it or not!” Buffy stated impassibly.


“Pet, don’t you wanna know what I was dreaming about before you woke me up?” he changed subjects very cleverly and it worked, because he knew how much she adored hearing about dream tales.
“Spit it out!” she incited him, cuddling against him.
“You, Willow, Angel and I were performing at Times Square; the crowd was crazy for us. It was the last date of our tour... and we even were about to get a nomination for the VMAs...”
“My Spikey dreams about ambitious and exaggerated stuff!” she made fun of him as she played with his hair.
“Everything is allowed in dreams. By the way, right now I have a certain dream... and you can make it come true...” he murmured, laying down on his bed and inviting her with his look to follow him.
Buffy threw herself on the bed... but she ended up kissing... the pillow, because, after hearing the start of their single on the radio station where the DJ was introducing them as a young promise for the Punk-Rock World, William had run to the stereo to turn up the volume, very happy when he heard the drums and his participations in the chorus.
Buffy joined him, sitting on the floor and listening to the radio very carefully because she didn’t want to miss any of her guitar chords and her secondary leading voice mingled to Willow’s.

“My love, do you know what people say about the dreams you have in the morning?” she whispered, kissing him behind his ear.
“Mm.. no, enlighten me, pet..” he purred, and then he kissed and nibbled her neck.
“Sometimes they become true!”

--
THE END

It’s been a pleasure to share this FF with you, thank you all for your support, well, now I can update the other Fantasy story , and that’s what I’m gonna do! ;)