Eh, eh, my turn, now! :) I hope you'll like it!

Chapter 5
(This is my personal tribute to blink-182. I could have chosen any other hand, and maybe is not very credible .. but sorry, it was stronger than me!)

< You shouldn’t be so prejudiced about a person! When she introduced herself I thought she was nothing more than the classic bimbo al make-up and no brains, just like those three silly geese , Drusilla, Darla and Harmony! I thought she got off with everyone she met, instead.. Bloody hell! She has so many good qualities I don’t know where to start with the list! I could have had her since that day, but now.. maybe she has taken her distance, maybe she’s got another boyfriend.. not that she has ever mentioned one.. that’s it, alright bloke, you are the same old stupid! Stupid and coward, yeah, because you don’t even have the bloody balls to take the phone and ask her out, you can’t even find an excuse … I don’t know.. an advice about how to tune the drums with a song of theirs! She has almost turned the world upside down to meet me! But I can’t turn back time, things are this way, I’ll see her next weekend. Five days to go and.. and what? Damn me and my bloody pride; if only I could admit that I was wrong about her the firs time, that I’ve finally figure out what a beautiful person she is … Ok, stop with all these thoughts, let’s just think about passing this sodding exam!> William thought, as he headed towards the station, frustrated between the will and the fear of confessing to Buffy what he had finally realized were his feelings.

He couldn’t even begin to imagine how close that chance was.
********************************************
Just behind him, Buffy was going upstairs.
Her ruffled hair trapped in a pale imitation of a pony tail and her half closed eyes were a clear sign that she hadn’t awoken completely, after all it was only 7:00 a.m.
Anyway, for her seeing William was more effective than a hundred alarm clock ringing at the same time.
Taking advantage of his distraction, she arranged her hair the better she could, letting some locks frame her face, and she took her pocket mirror out of her bag, to assure herself that the eyeliner and the mascara hadn’t left any tracks.
Then, with incredible naturalness she headed towards him.
“William! Hi, I didn’t expect to find you here!” she greeted him, smiling.
“Hey, pet! Is there air of exams for you, too?”
“Lucky for me, no. I just gotta register a mark. When I have an exam everyone figures it out, I walk with my face buried in the book, almost without seeing where I’m going to. I never take my eyes off the book… and heaven help those who try to distract me..”

< Sure, there are exceptions!> she thought.

“I don’t stay here calm and carefree with the stereo head phones in my ears as now!” she explained, smiling.
“Yeah, I should have known better. By the way, tell me, what are you listening to?”
“Well, although I adore Ghost of the Robot madly, first of all I’m a wild fan of blink-182..”
“Swear it! I’m crazy for blink-182, too! I had been at their concert, I know almost all their songs..” he revealed, as they got on the train that had arrived.
During the trip they enumerated their favourite songs of that band, discovering that the two list were almost identical.

“We could perform some of their songs, too!” he suggested, as he was about to get off the train.
“Don’t dare say it, not even joking! Willow can’t stand them.. unless.. do you want to sing? I’ve got the feeling that you are a very good singer, too..” she confessed.
“Uhmm.. why not? Can you play any song of theirs?”
“From the first to the last one, second voice included!” Buffy exclaimed at the top of excitement.
“With a second voice as yours I just can’t refuse! I already know it will be a success, so much that if we send our demo to the blink they’ll want us in tour with them!” William laughed, and then he became serious.
“Hey, I’ve got the afternoon free, so if you’re free, too, we could play at my house… What do you say?”
“Ok, it’s all right for me!”
“Perfect. We meet at about 3:30 p.m. Please, go over the songs, we gotta do a nice work!” he greeted her, as she waved her hand to him from the window.
She was wrong, now she was at the top of excitement.

< In a certain sense I got closer, it’s almost a date, ok, it’s not the same, but it’s something!> William told himself, departing satisfied.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The line at the University wasn’t too long, so Buffy had enough time to go over the songs and arrange herself before going to the house of the guy that had got into her head and her heart and seemed to have no intentions to get out.
She couldn’t imagine that in the meantime he was also in front of the mirror training, having the same anxiety to appear the best he could at her eyes, looking nervously to his watch.
“It’s 3:30 p.m., she’ll be here in a heartbeat!” he thought out loud.
William was right: after a minute he heard the desired ring of the bell that announced the girl’s arrive.
“Hi, Buffy, c’mon, get in!” he invited her cordially, but she almost stumbled through the stairs, it was the first time he used her real name.

“So, how was the exam?” she asked.
“ It went fine, after al it was a piece of cake! The arts degree is close, and after two bloody years that I failed to complete my course within the prescribed time.. I deserve that!”
“I’m just at the second year of Psychology, while Willow chose Informatics, that was kinda predictable, she is a computer genius! Well, if it’s all a piece of cake for you, I’ll give you my undergraduate’s record book so could you go to the ‘pastry shop’ again and pass for me my terrible Psychoanalysis exam?” Buffy joked.
He laughed.
“You’re fun, you know?”
“Really? Thanks! You’re fun, too, and it’s not easy that when a guy is so beautiful he is so fun, too!”

< Oh, my god! Tell me that I just thought the last part, I didn’t say that out loud to him..> the girl thought, paralyzed by the fear of what she had done.
So paralyzed that she hadn’t even noticed the pleased smile on the guy’s face.

< So, she find me beautiful! Maybe.. she didn’t forget me after all, but I’d better pretend I heard nothing..> William decided, before turning to her.

“What do you say if we start? C’mon!” he suggested, taking her mind off her pessimistic thoughts.
After a while they were ready to start, and when they ended the first song they both noticed the extreme harmony their instruments and also their voices had blended with.
“Uh! We’re quite good, eh?” he stated, smiling.
----------------------------------------------------
They played for almost one hour, then they mutually agreed to take a break.
Buffy took advantage of that to extort a little drums lesson from him.
“C’mon, trust me, I won’t create any troubles!”
“Ok, if you insist.. but you gotta take it easy, step by step. Come on, I’ll show you one of the first exercises I did..” he invited her, showing her a small sequence, beating two different parts with a different rhythm.

The extreme easiness he managed to do that with fooled Buffy.
“It seems pretty easy..” she murmured taking his seat.
But soon that ‘It seems pretty easy’ turned into a ‘Gee, it’s impossible, there’s no way I can do that, how the hell can you do that?’ as she tried uselessly to perform the two different rhythms.
William watched her laughing, losing count of all the times the drumsticks had slipped from her hands.
“You’re so clumsy, Miss It-seems-pretty-easy!” he made fun of her between laughter.
“Hey, genius, do you find it so fun? Well, I’ll make you stop laughing!” she warned him.
“Just how?”
“Go take your guitar, it’s my turn to give lessons. You asked for it, my dear!” she threatened him.

TBC