Hi , sorry again for this huge late!

Chapter 7

Buffy was excited by the news, but as she stared at her watch, she realized with growing terror that listening to Willow’s tale had taken her a lot of time, and she couldn’t stay any longer.
“So, as we said, you will let William know, right?” Willow asked.
“Sure, no problem, I’ll warn my *boyfriend *!” Buffy answered, lingering to the last word, determined not to stop their conversation without hinting something to her friend.
“What? What? WHAT? Have I heard right? C’mon, spit out!” Willow incited her, visibly happy for her.
“I’d do that more than willingly, but now I gotta go..”
“What? You can’t keep me on the tenterhooks like that after what you told me! What have you got instead of a heart? A stone?”
“Right now, I have a clock that tells me that if I don’t hurry up I’ll be late for my date with Spike…”
“Who?!”
“Sorry, I meant William. It’s just that his friends call him that; it’s cute, isn’t it?”
“There is not a single thing about him you don’t find ‘cute‘!” Willow commented, and even if she couldn’t see her, Buffy knew that she was rolling her eyes in resignation.

“Anyway, wow, so you two are already at ‘date phase’ ?” Willow resumed talking.
“Yeah, and hey, look at the positive side, if you wait ‘til tomorrow you’ll have a richer report..” she tried to persuade her.
“Ok, you won, but tomorrow I wanna know * everything *, got me? Good evening.. and try to breathe sometimes!” she mocked her.
“Ha, ha, very funny, Will! Anyway, you are a friend, thank you! See you tomorrow!” she greeted her, hooking the phone.

---------------------------------------------------------
There were ten minutes left for 9:30 p.m., the time of her first official date, when Buffy arrived at the square; she was surprised and also flattered due to the fact that William, maybe as eager to see her as well, was already there, waiting for her.
“Hi, baby, you look amazing!” he greeted her, approaching without wasting time to give her a very passionate kiss.
“Mm.. you don’t look bad yourself!” she answered, without breaking the contact.
They realized that all the people around them were watching them curious and visibly envious of their passion, and they figured out that the square wasn’t the most suitable place for certain displays.

William lead her to his car, a black Desoto.
When she saw it she burst out laughing.
“Ha, ha, funny, good joke! Now, show me the real car; you told me you like period cars, but this one dates back to postwar period!” she made fun of him.
“Hey, no one can insult my Desy, I’m very fond of her, and I wouldn’t separate from her for anything! Apologize immediately with her!” he summoned her, pointing at the vehicle.
“You are kidding?” she said, but his tone made her think about anything but a joke.
“Ok.. I’m sorry.. Desy..” and she made a huge effort not to laugh again.
“.. you are a very nice car, really!” she went on, wondering who was the craziest one; William for ordering her to ‘apologize’ to his car, or she for obeying him!
“That’s better!” he smiled, opening the car door for her, and then he put himself behind the wheel.


William drove perfectly, without ever taking his eyes off the road, although sometimes he allowed himself to look at his girlfriend, smiling.
After a while they arrived, although she wouldn’t mind if the journey had lasted longer.
William had decided to take her to a place, and, no matter how long she had been in Sunnydale, Buffy not only had never been there, but she even ignored its existence.
It was called the ‘Bronze’, and it was a kind of disco-pub with two levels.
It was crowded by people seeming to have a lot of fun.
On the stage there was a band playing.
“Spike, it’s wonderful!”
“I knew you would like it! You know, I come here very often, but with you tonight is as I came in for the first time!” he smiled, hugging her.

They sat at a table and started talking about everything.
Sometimes, Buffy stopped to enjoy some songs she was able to recognize by the first notes.
Her enthusiasm was contagious.
“Do you imagine us becoming famous, with our songs on the radio? Or maybe, making a video?” William dreamed about, holding her hand.
“Well, why not? After all, I managed to have a date with you, we are together, so I guess there’s nothing I can’t do if I wanted!” she answered.
“Bloody Hell! Am I really so unreachable?” he exclaimed, coming closer to her.
“Not anymore!” she laughed, sealing her lips with his.
The night passed quickly and as a real gentleman, William drove her home.

“Bye Spike!” she said, getting closer to him.
“Oh, I almost forgot, you have finished being the lucky one among women! Willow has found a bassist, there’s no need to say that it’s a * male* bassist, because if it was a girl I wouldn’t want her in our band!” she made things clear.
“Hey, Slayer, are you jealous?” he teased her, kissing her again.
As soon as the girl take her breath, she answered.
“Mm.. maybe! Anyway, she wants us to go her house on Saturday, so she’ll introduce him to us!”
“Then again, I could be the one not wanting him in the band!” he said pretending to pout.
“You have nothing to worry about, my big jealous boy!” she made fun of him, ruffling his hair playfully, before kissing him goodbye.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The morning after, taking advantage of the fact that neither she nor Willow had classes, Buffy went to her friend’s house, as promised.

“.. and that’s all!” she ended her detailed tale, her eyes sparkling just at the memory.
“Gee! And you say ‘that’s all.’? It seems like a fairytale romance, something that happens only in the movies, but I’m really happy for you, you deserve it. I know how much you cared and care about him!”
“Yeah, thanks, you’re so kind. It’s that I’d like you to find your soul mate, too!”
“You are kidding? You know how much more difficult I am in my taste for guys!” Willow complained.
“Never as much as me!” and they both laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the fateful Saturday.
The two girls were outside on the porch, as William was patiently putting together the parts of his drums in Willow’s living room.
Everything was fixed, everyone had tried their best to look as professional as they could with the new potential member of the band that would arrive soon.
Buffy couldn’t help noticing how her friend kept rolling one of her red locks between two fingers.
“Am I wrong or you’re a little bit nervous?”
Willow startled, tugging her hair harder.
“Ouch! No, well.. yes.. just a little bit. I guess it’s pretty normal.. aren’t you nervous?” she tried to justify, as she couldn’t stop watching every car passing in the nearby.
“Well, not so much. Anyway, I guess there’s more.. tell me the truth.. are you nursing any hopes?” Buffy teased her.
“My dear, you’re wrong. I’m sure that he’ll be very ugly, that’s why he didn’t want to meet me at the University; I just hope he’ll be a good player. Maybe he is very good, but then he’ll change his mind and he won’t want to play with us anymore; or we’ll made a very good impression to him, but * we* won’t want him because he’s a duffer!” the redhead replied, without taking her eyes off the road.
“Oh, Will, if pessimism was made of money you would be a millionaire!” Buffy made fun of her.

Willow’s silence puzzled her.
“Hey, what’s wrong? Don’t tell me you are angry!” Buffy wondered observing her, and finally realized that her friend was distracted by something she had seen.
And that something was nothing but a boy with large shoulders and black hair with too much hair gel, driving a red Cadillac.
“Earth to Willow, hello, hello?” Buffy tried to take her mind off, waving a hand in front of her.
“Oh, oh, boy! I have just seen the eight wonder in the world! I might have taken too much sun.. and now I have visions..” Willow thought out loud, recovering from the shock.
“Visions or not, your eight wonder has just got off the car and he’s heading here, so either you have a new neighbor and you didn’t know, or that quite attractive dude is our soon-to-be bassist!” her friend informed her, approaching the gate.

TBC

So, have you already figured out who is this guy? I guess so… ;)