Sorry for this huge late!!
Eh, eh !So, no one guessed who it was.. uhmm .. it’s odd, I was sure it was pretty clear! ;)
Whatever, let’s go:

Chapter 8

“Gee, it can’t be! I should have known and dress myself better, arrange my hair better… I’ll tell you what, I could have had plastic surgery on my face, too!” Willow stated, getting agitated.
“Shut up, you’re a sex bomb, my hot redheaded friend!” Buffy reassured her, dragging her to the gate.

“Hi, girls, I’m not late, am I?” the brunette greeted them.
“A world of no, you’re perfectly on time!” Willow smiled to him, opening the gate.
“Fine. I had some trouble finding the address, it’s been a while since I went anywhere around here..”
“Let me remind you that you insisted on meeting us here; considering that you don’t even live nearby, it was kind of a given, wasn’t it?”
“Did you thought that I would commute between Los Angeles and Sunnydale everyday? I have a flat nearby, of course!” he explained, smiling.

< How did that stupid question come out from my mouth? Of course he has a flat.. yeah.. but since he got off that car… I don’t even know what ‘ Of course ‘means anymore.> Willow cursed herself, hiding everything with a smile.

“Well, I usually go back to my hometown on weekends, but I like this town, too, Willow!”
“How do you know my name? I mean, sure, you know because you read it on the ads, but how do you know that I’m Willow, and not my friend?” she wondered curiously, as her dark green eyes were magnetized to the dark brown deep eyes of the boy.
“You know, believe me or not, I know you by sight; I always see you go around on the corridors, but you have never noticed me.. engrossed as you are reading a book or chatting with your friends!” he pretended to blame her, smiling, as she cursed herself twice for not ever taking a look around.

< How could I miss such a hottie?>

“Am I wrong, or someone just arrived?” William popped up, hearing a male voice that wasn’t his, hugging Buffy from behind kinda possessively to send a clear message to the newly arrived man.
But the brunette had barely noticed Buffy, busy as he was talking with Willow.
The other member of the band’s arrival took him down to earth.
“You must be the drummer..”
“Yeah, and I also have a name!” the other struck back, a little bit rudely.
“William Leather, buddy!” he introduced himself with an energetic hand shaking
“Angel DeSoul!”

< Angel, that’s his name! I’m such an idiot, that was the first thing I should have asked him. I hope he won’t get upset for that!> Willow cursed herself for the third time, repeating his name into her mind… she didn’t know why, but in that moment Angel seemed the most beautiful name in the world to her!

“So, you must be Buffy..” he went on, looking at the blonde.
“Right, Mr. Perspicacity!” Buffy made fun of him, and then she shook his hand.
“Buffy Summers, nice to meet you!”
“And we two already know..” he trailed as he smiled at Willow who smiled back, although she didn’t manage to hold his gaze for more than two seconds.
“Fine, presentations are done, let’s go practice; Will, bring our guest to the living room, so we can start the mini-concert!” Buffy suggested, eager to start.

Willow followed her advice and they all were ready to show Angel their worth.
Too bad that the lead singer was afraid to lose her voice, or worse.. miss a note.
After all, she had never performed for such a special someone. Suddenly she understood Buffy’s anxiety before meeting and playing for her William. She almost envied the calm that seemed to characterize her friend in that moment.
And it was right, Buffy had already passed the most important exam in her life, now it was Willow’s turn.
After a shaky beginning, she performed the repertory as good as she could, although every time she met Angel’s look, she was sure she would lose her voice.

The few songs that the three had chosen followed one another with a frantic rhythm and the show ended.
“If to be part of your band there’s a contract or something, just give me a pen and tell me where I gotta sign!” Angel exclaimed, clapping his hands.
“Well, it’s simpler than you think, just say yes.. and welcome, buddy!” William informed him.
“So, in that case.. hell yeah, I say yes!”
Without the two guys noticing, Willow asked her friend to pinch her, because she couldn’t believe that what was happening wasn’t a dream.
“Believe it, Will, everything is real!” Buffy reassured her, as she put her guitar in the guitar case.

Taking advantage of one of Willow’s moments of distraction, Buffy parted with William to the other room.
“Honey, someone’s got a scary crush!”
“Here it is, I knew it! You already wanna leave me for that.. that..” a very jealous William snapped, but she cut him before he could end up his sentence.
“Silly, silly boy, you haven’t understood. I’m not talking about me. There’s just and only you for me, I thought that was clear to you! It’s Will that only has eyes for him, and something tells me that they are meant to be together..” Buffy explained.
“Truth is that.. someone should investigate him a little bit, you know.. to find out if he isn’t already engaged, or what his tastes for girls are..”
“Sure, but .. hey! Why are you looking at me? Bloody hell, forget it, Slayer, I’m not bloody gonna stalk him!” William grumbled.
“I didn’t ask you to do that! Just find a way to chat with him in private. You guys work like this, you talk about motors or about women, or am I wrong?”
“Enough! I’m feeling deeply insulted for all the male kind!” William replied, crossing his arms and acting insulted.
“Insulted or not.. will you do that, Spikey?” she begged him, making puppy eyes, massaging his shoulders, giving little kisses all over his neck and going up to his chin.
“Mm.. well, if you ask me like that.. you know I can’t say no to you..” he murmured.
“I’ll find a way, pet!” he promised, kissing her.

When they came back in the living room, they found Willow busy tidying the room with Angel that had gently offered to help her.
They both halted when they saw the two blondes.
It was almost time to say goodbye, but looking absently out of the window, William found the occasion he was looking for.
“Bloody hell! Don’t tell me that the wonder parked outside is yours?” he exclaimed, turning to Angel.
“You guessed right. Do you like it?”
“If I like it? I’ve always dreamt about having one!”
“Hey, that’s great! If you want, I can lend it to you for a ride!” the brunette suggested, throwing the car keys at him.
“You’d better come with me, so you can explain the gears and such; after all, we’re done here ..” he said, dragging him to the exit.
“Well, bye, see you next time. Thank you for the hospitality! As soon as I come home I’ll train hard, I won’t let you down!” Angel assured, managing to throw a last look at Willow.

No one noticed the understanding gaze William and Buffy exchanged.

TBC

Hope you’ll like it